It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Sanction U.S. Companies for Arms Sales to Taiwan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Involutionist

What good would that do for China...? This is REAL life. Not a movie.

Taking Taiwan will do no good for China? Did you actually just say that?

Regardless of what the poster above said, China is not gonna "take Taiwan". Not to mention that it's more hassle than it's worth, it's just not gonna happen.

The above poster is half correct - this is not a movie, it's real freaking life.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Cool. It's about time someone tried flexing their economic muscle against the US. Maybe if someone actually gives us a quick punch to the nose we'll stop trying to stick it in every place it doesn't belong.

They'll break their hand and if they try it a second time, they'll pull back a bloody nub. In the past 8 years, the US has sold over $15 Billion in arms to Taiwan, and Beijing has bitched and whined about it each time, fretting, fuming, and threatening all ultimately blowing smoke up the US' ass and doing nothing of substance. Tigers don't change their stripes, China is a toothless paper tiger lacking the power and/or the balls to do anything in the face of an alert United States.

This is our world, China is allowed to play here until they bore us and we decide to rescind the invitation. You may not like that fact, but it is a fact and it is no closer to changing than it ever has been.

The post above is what's wrong with the human race today, and the reasons why we will always have conflict and war!

So frustrating!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
and the reasons why we will always have conflict and war!

Your anti-war stance and your photo do not seem to match. Is there something in your photo I am missing?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Explain them telling the Philippines it will be war if the Philippines drills for oil in Philippine national waters?

Explain the building of islands to steal land from it's neighbors?

If you mean the islands that have been disputed with Japan for centuries there’s nothing to explain, not my business and who people say they belong to seems to boil down to which of them benefits them more

Not familiar with the Philippine thing, how close to The Philippines do they want to drill?
If your talking somewhere in the middle of the South China Sea then it’s highly likely your opinion is based on being an American whose country is the de facto ruler of the Philippines and stands to benefit from any natural resources it’s able to exploit.

What you hear about China is propaganda or at the very least being looked at exclusively from a what’s best for the US point of view
You know how I know you are Chinese? That single phrase - not my business. I have heard it too many times to count. It is the Chinese "get out of jail free card".
edit on 7/18/2019 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Oh give me a break. Conflict is the natural state of life and always has been. Even the natural world lives in constant conflict, with any sign of weakness immediately marking the weakened as potential prey. It's called the circle of life, accept it or become prey yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You are correct sir, it's why the zone is a concern for us.

Granted as others have stated we do have military superiority and have put them in their place multiple times in the region. We Fly over their newly claimed "no-fly zone" above those islands and sail ships thru the disputed territory on a regular basis to remind China that region isn't Chinese waters and they get pissed every time.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Xi Jinping has pledged to achieve reunification with Taiwan at the 19th party congress by force if necessary. This was last year.

I agree with you just "taking Taiwan" would be difficult because of their relationship with the US, its obvious they aren't gonna risk a confrontation anytime soon. but it gets repeated every year in China over the last decade by officials so It's clearly an important issue to China.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

and the reasons why we will always have conflict and war!

Your anti-war stance and your photo do not seem to match. Is there something in your photo I am missing?

Oh dear
The piece is called blood brothers, and it has nothing to do with the love of war or religon. Use some logic

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh give me a break. Conflict is the natural state of life and always has been. Even the natural world lives in constant conflict, with any sign of weakness immediately marking the weakened as potential prey. It's called the circle of life, accept it or become prey yourself.

No it's not! Who decides to invade another country? Who decides to go into or start a pointless war? It's not me, it's not you, it's the sociopaths that run governments. People who do not give a crap about you, or your family. All they care about is control and power, just like any sociopath.

And how do they gain control and power that gives them to do the terrible things they do? People like you. Because it's been like this since time began, you think we should not dispute it? Just go with the flow and ignore it? Ignore all the innocent men, women and children dying every year? Is it ok because these innocent men, women and children are from another country?

Sorry, but people like you is whats wrong, and why we will end up destroying everything.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: fomalhaut

Explain them telling the Philippines it will be war if the Philippines drills for oil in Philippine national waters?

If you mean the islands that have been disputed with Japan for centuries there’s nothing to explain, not my business and who people say they belong to seems to boil down to which of them benefits them more

Not familiar with the Philippine thing, how close to The Philippines do they want to drill?
If your talking somewhere in the middle of the South China Sea then it’s highly likely your opinion is based on being an American whose country is the de facto ruler of the Philippines and stands to benefit from any natural resources it’s able to exploit.

What you hear about China is propaganda or at the very least being looked at exclusively from a what’s best for the US point of view
You know how I know you are Chinese? That single phrase - not my business. I have heard it too many times to count. It is the Chinese "get out of jail free card".

Lmfao

Are you being serious or satirical?

If you’ve seen some of my other posts I state explicitly that I’m a white Aussie who has spent a lot of time in SE Asia with work.
Were you unaware of this or are you accusing me of lying about my identity so I could more effectively shill for Chinese interests here on ATS?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7

Xi Jinping has pledged to achieve reunification with Taiwan at the 19th party congress by force if necessary. This was last year.

I agree with you just "taking Taiwan" would be difficult because of their relationship with the US, its obvious they aren't gonna risk a confrontation anytime soon. but it gets repeated every year in China over the last decade by officials so It's clearly an important issue to China.

If China "takes" Taiwan, I guarantee you that it'll occur very, very shortly before a super-advanced extraterrestrial species grandly reveals its existence/presence to the Human Race here on planet Earth.

Yeah...

Not. Gonna. Happen.
edit on 19-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

To liken the unification of Taiwan and China to the revelation of extraterrestrial life seems excessive. Either your confident China will never be that bold or Aliens are already preparing the press conference. I feel like your either trolling or you really have no idea what your talking about.

Rather than telling me it's so impossible and that its likelihood borders on ridiculous how about you give a reason for your strong opinion, otherwise I'm left to assume you refuse to accept the inevitable nature of this situation out of fear or bravado rather than any clearly stated geopolitical agenda.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fomalhaut

Lmfao

Are you being serious or satirical?

If you’ve seen some of my other posts I state explicitly that I’m a white Aussie who has spent a lot of time in SE Asia with work.
Were you unaware of this or are you accusing me of lying about my identity so I could more effectively shill for Chinese interests here on ATS?

Nope. I haven't seen your previous posts, so I apologize if I have falsely accused you of being Chinese. I have heard that phrase often in Taiwan and it drives me crazy because it seems to be used somewhat selectively.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No it's not! Who decides to invade another country? Who decides to go into or start a pointless war? It's not me, it's not you, it's the sociopaths that run governments. People who do not give a crap about you, or your family. All they care about is control and power, just like any sociopath.

And how do they gain control and power that gives them to do the terrible things they do? People like you. Because it's been like this since time began, you think we should not dispute it? Just go with the flow and ignore it? Ignore all the innocent men, women and children dying every year? Is it ok because these innocent men, women and children are from another country?

Sorry, but people like you is whats wrong, and why we will end up destroying everything.

Blah Blah Blah, you post nonsense.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

lets pretend nobody saw the obvious your/you're fail. Ok. Cool.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"The people have no power!"
"It's people like you that are ruining everything!"

Your narrative is conflicted and confused.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You noticed that, too?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"The people have no power!"
"It's people like you that are ruining everything!"

Your narrative is conflicted and confused.

Oh please explain? How are people like me ruining everything? How is what I said conflicted and confusing?

You did not even bother to answer any of my points, which is not surprising!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
See what a few movies in the theaters can do?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oh dear
The piece is called blood brothers, and it has nothing to do with the love of war or religon. Use some logic

Brothers? Apparently your Logic eludes me. Is there something besides a flag in front of Hitler that I do not see?

When I Google Blood Brothers Hitler image I find nothing for it.

www.google.com... +brothers+Hitler+image&gs_l=img.12...6721.8510..10588...0.0..0.67.410.7......0....1..gws-wiz-img.AlRMkBh8oe0&ved=0ahUKEwjZ9oj53MHjAhWEqp4KHbHnDBMQ4dUD CAY

I am just curious. I do agree with what you are saying in this thread. War is just government murder. If humans stopped killing each other the world would be better off. Crowded but better. Unfortunately the world is an evil place and it is just not going to get any better because humanity is part of nature and nature is all about the living killing the living.

God should have made everything eat rocks.
edit on 19-7-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join