It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Sanction U.S. Companies for Arms Sales to Taiwan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

I support it too, they are a free nation and can sanction anyone they please.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff
Yet another deflection from you about the Philippines. That's all you do, deflection and whataboutism.

So you're saying Iraqis want Saddam back?

I usually hear Iraqis complain that America should have had a bigger presence to create a more Western country. Not that they wish America never got rid of Saddam. America is the stabilizing agent they needed more of.

I’ll say it again but I’ll be really blunt so you understand.

I couldn’t give 2 shytes about China, the Philippines or even America for that matter.

My whole point is that while China might be bad in terms of throwing its weight around they are amateurs when compared to the USA.
Americans whining about other countries militarism is the height of hypocrisy.

China threatens invasion or war and you call them evil yet America ACTUALLY invades and destabilises countries and you don’t see any issues or problems with it.

And FYI most Iraqis loved Saddam, prior to the US invasions Iraqis had free education, free healthcare, one of the highest standards of living in the world, free overseas education if you were smart enough, an infrastructure to rival any western country, crime levels below what we have in the west, when you got Married you got a payment for a house and when you had children you got another $20000 as a helping hand.
The people you saw dancing in the streets were the Iraqi equivalents of Antifa and never Trumpers, do some research outside of Fox or CNN

Finally,
How many countries in its 2000 year history has China invaded or destabilised?
In its 200 year history how many countries has the USA invaded or destabilised?
Do the simple math on the above questions and tell me who is the bigger danger to world peace and stability

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: 11SK1180

They have to make weapons that don't suck first.

All weapons suck!

That would explain why mouths suck, since people shoot them off all the time.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Except America is not whining, Taiwan and Philippines are whining. As are every other neighbor of China.That is why they are both wanting an American presence to create stability, because America is a stabilizer and China is an aggressive destabilizer stealing all the land from their neighbors.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

And FYI most Iraqis loved Saddam

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

China destabalized korea, vietnam,and currently tibet,and one near the himelayas i thinkand the South china sea.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Don't forget what they are doing to Japan, and the Philippines.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
why this persistence about hypocrisy when talking about other countries actions by so many people? you're basically condoning the behavior of china over principle, principle isn't reality and it's irrelevant.
everyone is a hypocrite but that doesn't change the fact that china is trying to claim territory that does not belong to them and acting like we are somehow the aggressors for defending the territorial integrity of other nations.
maybe we haven't always done the right things but we haven't blatantly ignored international law and acted like we have the right to take land from other nations.

china is acting like it's perfectly legal to take what they want, so why are people like you always defending them and condoning their behavior?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Other people are not perfect so you can't say anything bad about China! Duh. America sucks and everyone hates them and no one wants their bases ... even though the Philippines is begging them to come back because of Chinese aggression

edit on 13-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I support it too, they are a free nation and can sanction anyone they please.

I wouldn't call China a free nation since they are communist. Sovereign nation - yes, free nation - no way.

They paint themselves in corner, hope they sanction U.S. more, means even more companies will be looking to take business out of there.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

you clearly do care and you are totally missing the point, what does the past matter when they are doing exactly that, invading other nations territories, claiming it as theirs and threatening them to assert control over it. it's an ancient tactic that has almost always lead to war throughout history.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I was using free in a different way, to mean they are their own country and can make their own decisions.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

And FYI most Iraqis loved Saddam

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I know right

Kinda like when you watch the news today, they all seem to give the impression Trump is hated and the people are all just about ready to rise up and get rid of him.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

China destabalized korea, vietnam,and currently tibet,and one near the himelayas i thinkand the South china sea.

Wow 3 whole countries........ 2 of which America were then forced to invade and bomb to # with the repercussions still being felt by the natives today.
Bloody evil China

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
why this persistence about hypocrisy when talking about other countries actions by so many people? you're basically condoning the behavior of china over principle, principle isn't reality and it's irrelevant.
everyone is a hypocrite but that doesn't change the fact that china is trying to claim territory that does not belong to them and acting like we are somehow the aggressors for defending the territorial integrity of other nations.
maybe we haven't always done the right things but we haven't blatantly ignored international law and acted like we have the right to take land from other nations.

china is acting like it's perfectly legal to take what they want, so why are people like you always defending them and condoning their behavior?

Not once have I defended China nor will I.

Again I’m just highlighting hypocrisy,
When you guys invaded Iraq and Libya, just the 2 most recent examples, would it have been ok for China to invade you or send in their armies to protect the natives?
Israel ignores international law all the time, 95% of the UNs resolutions have been against Israel yet the USA hasn’t done # except give them money and say how great a friend they are.

China is awful, America is worse.
It would be lovely if just 1 American could admit that on a global level they are actually the biggest problem, everyone else seems to know it except you guys.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

you clearly do care and you are totally missing the point, what does the past matter when they are doing exactly that, invading other nations territories, claiming it as theirs and threatening them to assert control over it. it's an ancient tactic that has almost always lead to war throughout history.

You know what you’re right, I never thought of it like that.

What they should be doing is invading, destroying the place, installing their own puppets in power and then offering contracts to their buddies companies to go in and rebuild.
It’s the right way to do things, it’s the American way

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You know what you’re right, I never thought of it like that.

What they should be doing is invading, destroying the place, installing their own puppets in power and then offering contracts to their buddies companies to go in and rebuild.
It’s the right way to do things, it’s the American way

Well, I'm sorry to say, bud, but "the American way" seems to be coming back and biting us back right on the bottom!

Oh boy!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Seriously! You cannot debate with extreme patriotic people. It's not just a problem in America, it's everywhere. Bow do you think governments get away with the horrors they do? Because most people are brainwashed.

Already one person on this thread said he would not batter an eyelid if his country randomly invades another country, and this is very worrying because alot of people have these very extreme violent views and thoughts when it comes to their country.

This is one of the main reasons we have wars and conflicts because a lot people blindly follow their leaders, no matter if justified or not.

GD

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I believe that Communist China's official policy is unification, by any means necessary. Taiwan is a much smaller nation, hose only hope is to rely on the treaty with the United States and being strong enough to bloody Beijing's nose if they decide that its time to unify.

GD

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We "worse" Americans have liberated the following nations from tyrannical rule:
China
Kuril Islands
Taiwan
South Karafuto,
Kwantung Leased Territory
Korea
Manchuria, and parts of Russia