It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Googles recording your conversations and outsourcing them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
www.vrt.be...

Not everyone is aware of the fact that everything you say to your Google smart speakers and your Google Assistant is being recorded and stored. But that is clearly stated in Google’s terms and conditions. And what people are certainly not aware of, simply because Google doesn’t mention it in its terms and conditions is that Google employees can listen to excerpts from those recordings.

But as soon as someone in the vicinity utters a word that sounds a bit like ’Okay Google’, Google Home starts to record.

It is true that Google does not eavesdrop directly, but VRT NWS discovered that it is listening in. Or rather: that it lets people listen in. We let ordinary Flemish people hear some of their own recordings. ‘This is undeniably my own voice’, says one man, clearly surprised.
A couple from Waasmunster immediately recognise the voice of their son and their grandchild.

So its being reported that Google Home listens and record at times when you dont instruct it. Its also said that Google is sending these recordings offsite to be listened too.

If anyone still chooses to have a Google Home or Alexa device, you get everything you deserve.

The FBI no longer need warrants to wiretap, people are willingly doing it all because we are a lazy....stupid....species!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I'd be all edgy and "woke" and say that I don't have phones, iPads, smart tv's in MY house and that'd never happen to me!

But I'd be lying.

My job tethers me to the web in so many ways.

I'm probably one of their most boring recordings though, so there is that.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just because you use technology doesn't mean you can't be smarter than the technology.

You can disable the voice "assistant" on your devices.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Oh, I don't have them enabled to begin with!

But I don't think for a moment that it'd stop them from "collecting data".

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I'm the same, I work with computers and have a firm provided phone that I cannot be without.

you nearly need to assume that
everything you ever say is being picked up by the phones microphone
everywhere you go is tracked
everything you search or browse is recorded..

its just the way it is now!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Just because you use technology doesn't mean you can't be smarter than the technology.

You can disable the voice "assistant" on your devices.

you really believe that helps?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 4891morfih

Oh, I don't have them enabled to begin with!

But I don't think for a moment that it'd stop them from "collecting data".

Yeah unfortunately you're probably right.

I guess I like to think there is something I can do to stop them.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Only if you allow it.

You have an Alexa? Probably. Have you paired your phone to your vehicle's Bluetooth? Probably. Do you have Web-enabled appliances at home? Probably.

As Jello Biafra said in the 80s, "give me convenience, or give me death."

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So that's how all the Social Security Office calls from India originated .
Now , I know

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's astounding some people are unaware of Google doing this. Never use 'default' settings; always customize.
edit on 11-7-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I dunno.. I enjoy going to google on my PC and scrolling to my recorded interactions, when I didn't know they were occurring.

It's like playing a "What was I doing there!!?" game with myself.

And the geo tracking.. "Where was I? What was I doing there?".. it's hours of endless fun and counselling sessions.

thing is, google knows what we're saying and where we are... but does anyone know where google is?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I only do voice texting on my Android Smart Phone. Whenever I start to speak, a little message pops up and says "Your words will be sent to your [email protected] account." It concerned me when it first started doing that last year, but not any more.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wouldn't you just assume that a device with a microphone that is listening to everything you say would be a privacy disaster just waiting to happen?

People can be so naive.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Lets see how long they can keep that up with me screaming filthy language at my cromecast.

All jokes aside ofcourse they are tuning in , how do you think all that personal advertising pops up , same with facebook app on your Phone.

best thing we can do is stop buying and using stuff from those companies , i personally don't buy anything from companies that do this stuff anymore.

gotta earn my trust as a consumer , spying on me won't do that.

edit on 12-7-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

@DBCowboy :

Actually I was listening to one of your recordings last night and didn’t find it boring at all.

However, can you elaborate a bit concerning the Gimp mask, rubber tutu and the thigh high fishing waders full of tepid custard please?

Thanks

Lags
edit on 12-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Custard and bananas

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

This is one of those dog bites mailman stories, where they write a big headline about something that happens everyday and fake outrage people fake outrage

Seriously, who didn't know that this was going on? Isn't it in the small print on your account sign up?

What next, will people be outraged that Domino are putting chees on their pizza?

edit on 12-7-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Everything is listening.

I talk about stuff and then suddenly I'm seeing ads on facebook about what I just spoke about.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm sure the CIA is thrilled to have endless hours of you snoring at work.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yeah right, thats what you'd like us & "them" to think.

Their algorithms have a hard time distinguishing if they're tapping you or Augustus or one of your other "MPDS"

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

What next, will people be outraged that Domino are putting chees on their pizza?

Chees? Yes I would be outraged! More outraged if they actually put real cheese

Did you perhaps mean they're putting cheeks in Pizza?

Then I'd probably order double cheeks and double breast meat and a "salsa" to go

new topics

join