It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Solution to the Census Debacle - GENIUS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Shhhhhhhhhhh !

careful not to wake the sleeping beauties 😎

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is my concern as well.

Of course, all of my firearms are registered with the ATF. I am a good little citizen. I right-think.

Er, I mean

TheRedneck

Here's the problem, ATF was used by me as low hanging fruit, but they're far, far from the only source of "interesting" data this could open the door up to a future administration obtaining and connecting the dots for. For example, the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and the Credit Card Act both are oversighted by the Department of Commerce and both contain provisions that could easily be warped into reporting requirements from financial institutions to the federal government pertaining to what was purchased and where.

"Sir, this is Agent Doofus, can you please tell us why you used your Bank of America Card to purchase 1,000 rounds of 5.56 ammunition from Bass Pro Shops several weeks ago? ATF records don't show any firearm capable of firing 5.56 rounds registered to you. Let's take a drive to the field office and have a chat, sir."

You can't tell me with the current "Internet of Things" horsecrap going on that this information isn't readily available to the government to data mine. Hell, the bastards can probably use the FCC to tell exactly what TV show you personal watched last night and use the FBI to provide a report on what webpages you visited and how long you spent on each one. The only fly presently in the ointment is that it would be an unprecedented breach of public expectations for the feds to admit the have access to all of this, let alone actually use it openly... moves like this slowly chip away at that wall blocking yesterday's expectations of privacy, freedom, and individuality from the quickly approaching future of Orwellian Big Brother, shackles, and collectivism.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This shouldn’t bother anyone that wants the immigration laws of the USA enforced.
Thanks to the Liberal douchebag King Obama, every legal US citizen was spied on anyway.
If you were alive during his debacle presidency, they already know everything about you.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
This shouldn’t bother anyone that wants the immigration laws of the USA enforced.
Thanks to the Liberal douchebag King Obama, every legal US citizen was spied on anyway.
If you were alive during his debacle presidency, they already know everything about you.

Then they know what my middle fingers and my ass look like, and the new crop will soon find those images burned in their retinas as well.

Sorry, I don't believe you follow up having your privacy invaded by celebrating it being invaded again.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank-you for the summary. I missed the announcement, but heard idiots on CNN and MSNBC whining loudly. That told me that President Trump WON AGAIN today!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes, it's been weird hearing Pelosi, Schumer, et al, repeatedly claiming "racism" over the question - which is truly bizarre.

What you said about stacking Congressional districts and sanctuary cities, not to mention calls to dismantle the Electoral College is precisely right.

This is *all* about increasing power in Democrat districts - by counting illegals with legals, those left-leaning sanctuary districts gain proportionally more power.

And "power", of course, is what it's all about.

But the news media can't seem to say this simple and obvious truth - there's no sensible reason not to want this information, and all the moaning about "white supremacy" is just a smokescreen.

I've been shocked at how little information the government seems to have about illegal / undocumented aliens in the country - try to find out how many crimes and of what kind were committed by illegal aliens, or how many Unaccompanied Alien Children and how many illegal alien children are in our schools and how much do they cost, how much Medicaid money is spent on undocumented, how many claim EITC tax credits - the government seems to go out of its way *not* to collect such statistical data that they definitely collect on everyone else. It was pretty clear the Obama admin didn't want to know - but didn't think the Trump admin would take this long to do this.

States like California will refuse to cooperate with any inquiries, same as they did with the commission to see if there was illegal voting - states sandbagged it, so it went away.

They don't want the truth told. Because "power."

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yep. Use the illegals who can't vote like the Southerners wanted to use their slaves. Maybe it's time to revisit that 3/5 compromise.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

Only instead of free Persons, we're looking at Citizens.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Erin Durkin
Wed 24 Apr 2019

What is the citizenship question?
Donald Trump’s administration proposed adding a question to the 2020 US census which would ask: “Is this person a citizen of the United States?” Respondents would have five options, indicating that they were born in the US, born in a US territory, born abroad to US citizen parents, naturalized as a citizen, or not a citizen.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Ummm...precisely...I think it’s a tad anticlimactic to piss and moan about how this might affect privacy...in the era of Alexa...and targeted algorithms...and the NSA and the Patriot Act...

That ship is long out of the bottle...

Perhaps we might be better served by adjusting our outer persona and characteristics/proclivities...

Masks are really cool...especially if they’re your own face...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

another old outdated article 😎

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What was the date, that was outdated? April 24, 2019.

I get that denial, distraction, dumbing down the issue is how you work.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

he is a master baiter

you are a fish

I am a funny guy

😉👌😍

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What will they do with the data?

If a population shows 200,000 and half are determined to be illegals, will they contest additional representation?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Trump decided not to implement this order after all. Genius.

Link
edit on 7/11/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

either that or leak ICE raids

it will have the same effect either way.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Here's the thing: ATF already has all of that data. There's no need to combine the data of different agencies to do what you're talking about. Also, one can still buy ammo with cash, so as long as that option is available, any attempt to worm into private information based on ammunition purchase would be useless.

What Trump has done is to have all agencies hand over all relevant and legal data to the DoC for this express purpose. it's still a chip away at privacy, but is that chip better or worse than losing the whole damn country to voter fraud? That's exactly what this is: an attempt to hide intended voter fraud by skewing representation and electroral votes. Some lawyers for the left have even gone so far as to state it openly, that representation is to be based, according to the Constitution, on total population and not just US citizen population.

Of course, that is ludicrous... it means that the idea of one person, one vote is gone. It is more like one person, votes depending on how many illegal aliens are living near them.

We lose the country, we lose it all... all ten Amendments in the Bill of Rights. Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to be secure in our homes, right to bear arms, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure... all of it.

There is no good result here. The DNC has refused to allow a good result.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

They'll only get representation for the citizens.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

If Trump really wanted to get rid of the illegals. . . .

1. He'd grant amnesty to all the illegals in California.

2. Then they'd have to pay for their health insurance.

3. When they couldn't pay, the state of California would fine them to pay for more illegals.

4. The new citizens would just say, "frack this #" and go back to their original country.

Problem?

Solved.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump decided not to implement this order after all. Genius.

Link

Uhm, the article verifies that he's intending to implement the Executive Order, not put the question on the census form... exactly what the OP indicated.

Instead, Trump said Thursday that he would be signing an executive order directing every federal department and agency to provide the Commerce Department with all records pertaining to the number of citizens and noncitizens in the country.

Hilarity ensues when one attempts to toss the "genius" backhand and ends up instead swatting themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

They'll only get representation for the citizens.

TheRedneck

Please pardon my skepticism, but I seriously doubt that we could expect such open honesty from our elected retarded door-knob humpers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join