It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians attempt to highjack a british fuel tanker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Sounds simple eh?

But i dont imagine Iran, their people, nor the Iranian regime see it that way.

And is hard as is for us to stomach, their bag of spanners is there own affair to carry.

Freedom is illusory im afraid, there's just as much as our own, simply in a different manner.

Not that we can live without such a platable notion all the same, but the excuses we use our particular brand of "Freedom" for is quite frankly laughable.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: face23785

Did your POTUS just not call off an imminent strike on Iran ""allegedly"" to save the lives of 150 people about 10 minutes ago?

If we are not invading Iran then why all the kerfuffle?

I mean come on "They" have to invade somewhere, its kind of there bag these days.

Were you even able to keep a straight face typing that? Because a token strike is the same as an invasion right? And even the token strike got called off.

I suggest you look up what an invasion is. You seem ill-equipped to be in this conversation.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: LABTECH767

America only helped the mujhadeen fight off the Soviet's by supplying weapons, everything after that was the direct influence of Pakistan, not America.
even then, the taliban were never part of the mujhadeen, they were a militia group formed by students and they defeated the mujhadeen and unified the country by force.

Easy, the "America deserved 9/11" crowd won't be pleased with this post.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Did your POTUS just not call off an imminent strike on Iran ""allegedly"" to save the lives of 150 people about 10 minutes ago?

If we are not invading Iran then why all the kerfuffle?

I mean come on "They" have to invade somewhere, its kind of there bag these days.

Were you even able to keep a straight face typing that? Because a token strike is the same as an invasion right? And even the token strike got called off.

I suggest you look up what an invasion is. You seem ill-equipped to be in this conversation.

After our strike Iran would just sit down and throw their hands up, "they got us".

No, they'd hit our assets in the region and we would retaliate.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

"Were you even able to keep a straight face typing that?

Well aye because i type with my fingers, not my face.

"Because a token strike is the same as an invasion right?"

Having never been smacked in the napper with a Tomahawk or LGB i really could not comment.

I don't imagine it's any fun all the same.

I postulate if Iran is invaded, when Iran is invaded, it won't be by boots on the ground for quite some time just down to the terrain alone.

Different types of invasive warfare in this day of age you see face23785.

edit on 10-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: putnam6

When did Iran block off the strait?

Okay when you start trying to seize another country's tanker. Not to mention Iran has stated this numerous times.

www.bloomberg.com... es/2019-04-22/iran-will-close-strait-of-hormuz-if-it-can-t-use-it-fars

and its nothing new its a continuous threat.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Strait_of_Hormuz_dispute]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Strait_of_Hormuz_dispute[/ur l]
edit on 10-7-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

America only helped the mujhadeen fight off the Soviet's by supplying weapons, everything after that was the direct influence of Pakistan, not America.
even then, the taliban were never part of the mujhadeen, they were a militia group formed by students and they defeated the mujhadeen and unified the country by force.

Those Israelis sure danced for joy

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

That's not fair man..... That's a low blow to say some patriots around here think we deserved 9/11.

I mean, surely supporting Saudi Arabia (the only sovereign nation who assisted in 9/11), doesn't equate to anti patriotism.

Please trim your hyperbole, sir.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What we are missing is why, Iran, wants a war?

I am sure their are 150 different reasons or possibilities..

Figuring out which reason, will prevent what it is they want.

I would imagine bombing Iran, will create some serious instability in geo politics and with trump, over reaction is real..

My guess is Iran, is trying to change their position by trying to instigate chaos, in order or in a hope for a better position...

It won’t take much more for a reaction...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just create the next generation of adversary in the process.

Nevermind possibly generate another refugee problem heading in someone's direction.

Inevitable some of the poor sods we bomb land on our own shores.

Because the fact of the matter is, if we bomb them, they will come.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

What we are missing is why, Iran, wants a war?

Iran has military bases all over the world, their fingers are in every pie globally, it's global domination, obviously

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Go hang out there for a bit and report your findings to me, and Ill back you 100%

Sounds simple eh?

But i dont imagine Iran, their people, nor the Iranian regime see it that way.

And is hard as is for us to stomach, their bag of spanners is there own affair to carry.

Freedom is illusory im afraid, there's just as much as our own, simply in a different manner.

Not that we can live without such a platable notion all the same, but the excuses we use our particular brand of "Freedom" for is quite frankly laughable.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

100% eh....even financially?

I could be doing with a holiday as well. LoL

The tug of war over there is apt to lead to an open war of sorts at some point.

If that's not in the post, i don't know what is.

Bombing them is nobody's answer but the world banks, and it will all end in tears, the wrong people's tears I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The way Iran is acting is absoluty juvenile like a bad children's play acting out . like they are being promoted and told what to do to provoke but on a fine line . Would Russia want this Maybe we are getting set up ?
edit on 7/10/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yeah, i know, I've argued about this for 17 years now but the reality of the whole situation has gotten more distorted over the years.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jd0Fengland
a reply to: DBCowboy

Definitely it will only cause more friction now and gives the politicians a pretext to drag the uk into a war with the US if anything else happens

The Iranian leaders are ungrateful nutjobs. The U.K. promised them that they'd make up for whatever the EVIL American sanctions is depriving them of.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

en.wikipedia.org...

Tanker War The Tanker War phase of the Iran–Iraq War started when Iraq attacked the oil terminal and oil tankers at Iran's Kharg Island in early 1984.[12] Saddam's aim in attacking Iranian shipping was, among other things, to provoke the Iranians to retaliate with extreme measures, such as closing the Strait of Hormuz to all maritime traffic, thereby bringing American intervention.[12] Iran limited the retaliatory attacks to Iraqi shipping, leaving the strait open.[12] Operation Praying Mantis Main article: Operation Praying Mantis On 18 April 1988, the U.S. Navy waged a one-day battle against Iranian forces in and around the strait. The battle, dubbed Operation Praying Mantis by the U.S., was launched in retaliation for the USS Samuel B. Roberts striking a mine laid in the channel by Iran on 14 April. U.S. forces sank one frigate, one gunboat, and up to six armed speedboats, as well as seriously damaging a second frigate.
full on closing never but it has gotten semi hot over the years and was mined a few times i think

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

because they either think America is weak or they know something America doesn't that gives them a possible advantage over us, like China or Russia possessing some secret weapon that would render the American military useless.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the Iranians want war to stay in power.

Persians are a proud people, rich history and recently the evil "west" is getting through to the students and they like it.

They have recently (last 10 years maybe) got to hear Queen, the "millenials" want some "fat bottom girls" to "Bicycle" on by

then "bite the dust" they kick up.

the Mullahs in charge know there are more young than old, and if they get bombed, it will bring unity and more power for them

the sanctions are kicking their butts, they gotta do something or risk being over run by a "dragon attack".

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nostradamus prophesied that WW3 will begin between USA / Iran when Mars, Venus and the Sun are within The constellation Leo. I checked from 1945 - 2040 and this only happens once. It is on August 21st 2019 @ 12pm.

Guess we'll wait and see

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join