It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Home Depot co-founder shreds Trump haters in new Facebook post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So we should all be expected to see him banned at any moment from facebook right?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Very large campaign contributions buy big favors. Not just for the person making the contributions but for the corporations they represent. But that's the way it's done in a corporate Oligarchy.

It is possible that some of these donations are exactly that: donations, not purchases or loans with the expectation of being repaid.

Now if he was a democrat, I would say the chances of it being a simple donation with no expectations of a return on the investment is nil.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

HE BASICALLY DIDN'T

Personal contributions are limited to $2,800.00

Individual PAC donations are limited to $5,000.00

They can give $45,000.00 to $105,000.00 to some political party funds and committees.

That said, who can say that we don't need, 1.) Term Limits for Congress, and Congressional political staff, and 2.) Campaign Finance Reform?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'll drive a little further to shop at HD because I don't have to wait in line like at Lowes and they have more people to help you. Sometimes convenience overrides politics. I'll still boycott chick fil A because of the way they they treat gay people. I throw their coupons I get in the mail in the trash. Anti Gay companies remind me of when Black people couldn't go to certain Hotels or restaurants because of racism.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Are there no leftists on ATS?? I also wanna own a leftist!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Here is what they can contribute. It is not millions. He gives millions to the various charities he has listed.

The following chart shows more details on the limits for individuals in 2019 and 2020:
An individual may contribute to …
Federal Candidates $2,800 per election
National party committees — main account $35,500 per year
National party committees — convention account (RNC and DNC only) $106,500 per year
National party committees — party building account $106,500 per year
National party committees — legal fund account $106,500 per year
State or local party committees’ federal accounts $10,000 per year
Federal PACs $5,000 per year

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join