It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Home Depot co-founder shreds Trump haters in new Facebook post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So Bernie Marcus, co-founder of Home Depot, just owned his critics.

I want to point out, he isn’t affiliated with the company anymore and hasn’t been for over a decade. Plus, he’s one of the largest donors to medical research. But, he addresses that in his recent Facebook post to educate his critics. Here is the post.

“I woke up this morning thinking it was going to be another great day. I've been celebrating with friends, family and the community since I turned 90. I've told you about the gracious gift of $117 million that was collected and given in my honor to four charities that mean a lot to me. All that happiness blew up because I said in a newspaper interview that I have supported and will continue to support Donald Trump.

Boom!

Negative stories... vicious threats, without cause, to boycott the company that has enabled my foundation to give billions to support autism, medical research, education, heart and neurological issues like stroke, and to help our veterans. The company that I retired from in 2002 and have not had a business relationship with in almost 20 years. A company that has employed more than a half-million people. The people who work there are affiliated with both political parties or no party at all. They are of all religions and all colors and backgrounds. Why would people want to hurt them?

All because I give my voice and some of my money to our President. Am I in China? Argentina? Russia? That's what it feels like to me.

It saddens me that our country has come to this, where I, as a private citizen, cannot express my feelings. It angers me and it saddens me, but it sure as hell is not going to stop me. If you thought it would, you've got the wrong guy.

In the next ten years, God willing, I will accomplish more to save this world than my critics will do even if they had forty lifetimes.”

Billionaire Home Depot co-founder shreds Trump haters in new Facebook post

Maybe if these rabid leftists would do some research they wouldn’t embarrass themselves so often.
edit on 10-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Typo

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Leftest & Progressives: Do what we want, say what we want, be quiet, don't disagree with us..... or else.

Has been like this for years now and I am sure it will get worse now that both the media and social media platforms are aligning with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No one should be allowed to give millions to ANY politician!!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I wouldn't say owned them....

Id say he elequently took the high road, and used words to convey a point, and an indredible one at that.

He didn't dunk on anyone with middle fingers up. No, he did something a lot of people aren't doing and he made sense.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Modern Democrats are the worst cry baby losers America has ever known.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
No one should be allowed to give millions to ANY politician!!

I agree, but that isn’t a partisan issue. Plus, if you read what he says it has nothing to do with him influencing politics. He just likes Trumps economic policy because it benefits him. Just like any sensible person votes.

He’s retired and has been for 20 years living on the hard work he put in. Now he’s giving it all away to great causes and is being demonized just because he didn’t vote how the rabid lefties wanted him too.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I would consider that owned. But it’s a free country and we all have varying opinions.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Total ownage.

(post by Guiltyguitarist removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Very large campaign contributions buy big favors. Not just for the person making the contributions but for the corporations they represent. But that's the way it's done in a corporate Oligarchy.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Civil war is imminent and unavoidable. We’re going to have to kill these Npc’s. It’s the only possible outcome.

How do you identify who to kill?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Civil war is imminent and unavoidable. We’re going to have to kill these Npc’s. It’s the only possible outcome.

I dunno man, I have liberal acquaintances and they aren’t so hostile face to face. It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I agree, but that isn’t a partisan issue

Sure, I would love to see big money out of it, L, R, all the same to me.

He just likes Trumps economic policy because it benefits him. Just like any sensible person votes.

Yes, one billionaire helping another, and vice versa..the optics of it anyway

He’s retired and has been for 20 years living on the hard work he put in. Now he’s giving it all away to great causes and is being demonized just because he didn’t vote how the rabid lefties wanted him too

For sure, he worked hard, built something big, as it stands he can donate what he likes to whomever. The dems have big donors too, they are hypocrites.
Like I said, I just wish the big money was out of it, money buys influence.. maybe a 50k cap.
edit on 10-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Don’t forget all the people he helped by employing them, the medical advances from his charities, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why not?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'm not knocking him, I know he is a good man at heart, and I don't support those calling to boycott HD, which he does not own, or run anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Seriously?

I thought everyone was tired of lobbyists and big money buying influence..the swamp IMHO

I'd like to see the likes of Soros, and the Koch bro's out of politics.

edit on 10-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

With that cool trillion dollars they just "earned" (paid for) I seriously doubt they will be out of politics anytime soon, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I thought everyone was tired of lobbyists and big money buying influence..the swamp IMHO

Money is the life blood of politics and you get what you pay for. At least the corporate string pullers do....

This ain't mayberry RFD amigo....

eta....love that SG
edit on 10-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The Left has become Authoritarian.

They use tactics of Nazi's, Gestapo, KGB, The Stazzi, the Chinese. . . . . .

Not much else I can say.

They definitely do not believe in free expression, free speech. They are anti-American, anti-1st Amendment.

It's disturbing how many are now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join