It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest lie ever told?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You are saved by grace through faith least any man boast. When you accept Christ as your savior, he don’t change the old man, sinful nature you. You are saved by his grace not by your works, trying to live right. You cannot save yourself by trying to live right and prove to God. Works don’t save you, grace does. It is a free gift. Repent means, change your mind, rethink differently. How can you ask God to forgive you for your sins, which ones? God already forgave you if you accept Christ as your savior. John 3:16
You can NEVER get rid of your sin, you were born a sinner, that’s why you die.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
You are saved by grace through faith least any man boast. When you accept Christ as your savior, he don’t change the old man, sinful nature you. You are saved by his grace not by your works, trying to live right. You cannot save yourself by trying to live right and prove to God. Works don’t save you, grace does. It is a free gift. Repent means, change your mind, rethink differently. How can you ask God to forgive you for your sins, which ones? God already forgave you if you accept Christ as your savior. John 3:16
You can NEVER get rid of your sin, you were born a sinner, that’s why you die.

You know thread titel and such.

You hit the nail pretty good there!

No Clue

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So the biggest lie told through churches, is when you accept Christ Jesus as your savior, you must add works to it. You are trying to save yourself by trying not to sin, you can’t. Your born a sinner and always will till you die. The devil loves to confuse.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I sincerely apologise for that! it's not easy to convey these concepts! There is no established vocabulary, and many things are merely abstractions of an idea put into form and given a name!

assuming something without seeking clarification first doesn't help either.

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

edit on 13-7-2019 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

Well reading your post he shure did a good job in confusing!

So it's a lie and i can save myself by trying not to sin?
And im born a sinner till I die is a lie as well?

maybe your just confusing me?
Are you the devil?

Still No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

What darkuniverse is trying to say is that you're saved by faith and not by works.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No amount of good works on earth can save anyone if they don't have faith in Jesus Christ. Grace is a gift given to us by God just for believing.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I know what he wanted to say

I just found it funny how he perceives me as the devil...

Still doesn't make much sense to me!

I think i found god and meet jesus and briefly saw the devil. On my own!
And they are not the same in my experience as they are in yours. Well it's not even yours, your just telling someone else's story...

do you think god is able to speak to us? And how would that happen? Did it happen to you?

No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think i found god and meet jesus and briefly saw the devil. On my own!
And they are not the same in my experience as they are in yours. Well it's not even yours, your just telling someone else's story...

This is a story that's worth reading/hearing. Have you ever shared it?

do you think god is able to speak to us? And how would that happen? Did it happen to you?

God speaks to us in a number of different ways. Sometimes I'll be praying for/about something specific and an answer will be given to me through other people who never knew what I was praying about or I'll end up having dreams with messages in them.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Pretty much the same, I use many different technics for different reasons, praying is one of them!
are you aware of how it works, how it effects the perceive reality?

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

are you aware of how it works, how it effects the perceive reality?

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.

Also, are you going to share your story with us?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I did!

If you are genuinely interested feel free to read my threads an get aware of what I'm saying!

they are mere occurrences that helped me move to a new point of view and confirmed to me the saying god works in mysterious ways!
They happened to me in time's i most struggled finding real answers, that could include all i knew to this point and moving on to the bigger picture.

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's one, I don't know if it's the biggest, but it's pretty popular:

Myth 4: God Is a Trinity (One Myth Leads to Another)

Trinity Doctrine, A False Teaching Of Man, Council of Nicaea (video playlist) (all quotations in this video are from the KJV)

Here's the first lie of the billions of lies that have been heard on this planet Earth.​ It's even more popular and has the same source, or spiritual father. Although he has 'modified' it a bit over the centuries (or perhaps better said, made it more elaborate with cunning persuasive argumentation and adding 'a little more to it', as people say; it's still in essence the same lie though):

Jesus Christ identified the first liar, and he showed that it was not a human. He said: “When he [Satan] speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.” (John 8:44) So the first liar was Satan the Devil. When did he start telling lies? According to the Bible, it was shortly after the beginning of the history of the human race.

The event is recorded in the Bible book of Genesis, and the lie was a matter of life or death for mankind. God indicated to the first man, Adam, that his continued life depended on obedience. He gave Adam a simple law to keep and said that if he failed to keep that law he would “positively die.” But Satan maliciously lied and said: “You positively will not die.” That was the first of the billions of lies that have been heard on this planet Earth.​—Genesis 2:17; 3:4.

... Certainly, the results of that lie are still with us. It spelled disaster for the human race.

Source: The First Lie—Who Told It?

It's modified form:

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal

I think, in its 'modified' form (remember my earlier caveat regarding 'modified', it's still the same lie in essence, so I want to use another verb, but not "elaborated" cause that gives the impression that it's well explained and supported by evidence, which it's not), it's a pretty good candidate for "biggest lie". You can find it across religions in this world and those who would not describe their beliefs/philosophies/opinions/thoughts/ideas as religious or count themselves as part of any religion.
edit on 16-7-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

The devil inside?

Have you ever seen someone who says the devil is inside them?

I don't think so.

In a way: in the argument and claim that the Devil or Satan merely represents the principle of evil that resides in humans (which you might notice is very similar to the way NoClue was talking about it, obviously having been affected by those who make such arguments or claims or teach it, which is pervasive throughout this system of things as it's ruled by Satan, see my signature and text under my name). As part of a teaching that Satan is not a real person, expressed or taught by some people in Judaism and even Christendom, as well as critics of the Bible. You might even come across it in Eastern philosophy or New Age philosophy, when the subject comes up such as in a conversation with those who profess to be Christians or are Christians (or when writing a marketing book or producing other media targeted for that type of Western market).

Is the Devil Real? (context in playlist)

It's a pretty big lie as well, but not as 'big' in terms of popularity as the myth of the immortal soul I mentioned in my previous comment, or the notion that some immaterial or spirit part of man survives the death of the body, whether one refers to that part as "soul, spirit", or some other terminology, and whether or not one thinks of this part as being immortal. Which is not a Bible teaching.

Soul: Reasoning From the Scriptures

Definition: In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Hebrew neʹphesh and the Greek psy·kheʹ. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. To many persons, however, “soul” means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. Others understand it to be the principle of life. But these latter views are not Bible teachings.

What does the Bible say that helps us to understand what the soul is?

Gen. 2:7: “Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” (Notice that this does not say that man was given a soul but that he became a soul, a living person.) (The part of the Hebrew word here rendered “soul” is neʹphesh. KJ, AS, and Dy agree with that rendering. RS, JB, NAB read “being.” NE says “creature.” Kx reads “person.”)

1 Cor. 15:45: “It is even so written: ‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.” (So the Christian Greek Scriptures agree with the Hebrew Scriptures as to what the soul is.) (The Greek word here translated “soul” is the accusative case of psy·kheʹ. KJ, AS, Dy, JB, NAB, and Kx also read “soul.” RS, NE, and TEV say “being.”)

1 Pet. 3:20: “In Noah’s days . . . a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.” (The Greek word here translated “souls” is psy·khaiʹ, the plural form of psy·kheʹ. KJ, AS, Dy, and Kx also read “souls.” JB and TEV say “people”; RS, NE, and NAB use “persons.”)

Gen. 9:5: “Besides that, your blood of your souls [or, “lives”; Hebrew, from neʹphesh] shall I ask back.” (Here the soul is said to have blood.)

Josh. 11:11: “They went striking every soul [Hebrew, neʹphesh] that was in it with the edge of the sword.” (The soul is here shown to be something that can be touched by the sword, so these souls could not have been spirits.)

Where does the Bible say that animals are souls?

Gen. 1:20, 21, 24, 25: ...
Lev. 24:17, 18: ...
Rev. 16:3: ...

Do other scholars who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses acknowledge that this is what the Bible says the soul is?

[whereislogic: in short, yes; I'm skipping a lot here racing through this stuff, just listing the sources quoted so you can see the type of source and perhaps even realize that despite these acknowledgements, they still teach the flock to the contrary, a bit like evolutionists, long story] ... —New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 449, 450. ... —The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1976), Macropædia, Vol. 15, p. 152. ... —The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

Can the human soul die?

[whereislogic: yes, see] Ezek. 18:4: ...
Matt. 10:28: ...
Acts 3:23: ...

Is it possible for human souls (people) to live forever?
[yes]
Is the soul the same as the spirit?
[no]Eccl. 12:7: ...
Eccl. 3:19: ...
Heb. 4:12: ...

Does conscious life continue for a person after the spirit leaves the body?

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit [Hebrew, from ruʹach] goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (NAB, Ro, Yg, and Dy [145:4] here render ruʹach as “spirit.” Some translations say “breath.”) (Also Psalm 104:29)

What is the origin of Christendom’s belief in an immaterial, immortal soul?
[primarily Greek Pagan philosophy and philosophers working on behalve of Satan, who also promoted evolutionary philosophies before the word "evolution" was popularized for that use, pantheism and Mother Nature-worship, i.e. 'nature did it'; but it originates from Babylon, hence making the biblical term "Babylon the Great" so appropiate for false religion; admitted to by the following sources, and again in some cases, while continuing to teach their flock to the contrary or keep them ignorant of these admittals, for the most part, or teaching them there is no issue with this behaviour]...—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 452, 454. ...—Dictionnaire Encyclopédique de la Bible (Valence, France; 1935), edited by Alexandre Westphal, Vol. 2, p. 557. ...—Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970, p. 35. ...—Plato’s “Phaedo,” Secs. 64, 105, as published in Great Books of the Western World (1952), edited by R. M. Hutchins, Vol. 7, pp. 223, 245, 246. ...—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., p. 556.

I'm hoping it's obvious which parts between brackets are mine and which parts between brackets are from that source.

Some bonus information concerning lies and deceptive teachings:

edit on 16-7-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Note point 2.3 at 12:11 above. For which you can find a demonstration in the thread Do those who believe the Authorized Version 1611 only guilty of Idol worship? after my comment that I just linked there; this demonstration can be found in the refusal of those responding to that comment and in particular my subsequent comment to answer the simple straightforward and 'only' question asked and answered by Scripture in the first comment (that I just linked) and only asked in the subsequent comment of mine (to encourage people to answer it themselves or acknowledge the answer earlier given from the Scriptures).

This relates to something I mentioned in a thread about "sin" (that one is in the green philosophy forum):

The Bible also describes sins of omission​—that is, failing to do what is right.​—James 4:​17.

One of those providing the demonstration I was referring to earlier, was also commenting in that thread about sin. James 4:17:

17 Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.

If anyone is going to look for the question I'm referring to and has trouble finding it, you can search both those comments in the thread linked further above for "and who is that". I do recommend reading the Bible quotation before it which is what the question is based upon.

Perhaps even someone else is willing to answer or acknowledge the answer given by Scripture in the first comment, and in the process give credit where credit is due (see my last few comments in the thread linked above).

Acknowledge: accept or admit the existence or truth of. (google dictionary)

Maybe someone who doesn't profess to be a Christian like those commenting in that thread? It's perhaps easier to answer honestly with a straight simple answer when you have no stake in the matter and when one doesn't have to acknowledge the existence of said individual.

If I remember correctly, there was someone in this thread that said something about lying by omission*, in which case the 4 videos at the end of my last comment in that thread are quite relevant, as it also relates to point 26 starting at 22:44 in the last video of my previous comment in this thread and the example given there.

*: edit: ah, just noticed, it was BrianFlanders on page 1. I remembered correctly.
edit on 17-7-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The biggest lie ever told? I couldn't say. I don't know. I do know my biggest lie. My provider sent me a replacement cell phone because my previous one took some water damage when I slipped in a creek. 3 AM, just home from shenanigans. Rip open the package holding the new phone. It flies out, hits the gravel, screen smashed. I lied and told them it came that way. They sent me a new one, again.
edit on 7-27-2019 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join