It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest lie ever told?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: schuyler
The whole idea that you are born in sin and must accept Jesus to get to heaven is the biggest lie ever told.

That's simply to your subjective knowledge of things.

Confuse yourself.

How do you know differently? Did your Mommy tell you that? That's how these lies proliferate. It's simply emotional B.S. It has no basis in reality and is completely simplistic.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The whole idea that you are born in sin and must accept Jesus to get to heaven is the biggest lie ever told.

Confuse yourself.

How do you know differently? Did your Mommy tell you that? That's how these lies proliferate. It's simply emotional B.S. It has no basis in reality and is completely simplistic.

You talk about reality while you have only your own to live.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find the logic of the video nonsensical. If satan is an external foe, and Jesus defeated satan in the desert, why then does satan still exist? Either Jesus didn't defeat satan or satan is not an external foe, that can be defeated. But exists in each of us, as something we need to overcome, before we can achieve salvation.

If satan is the darkness that exists within each one of us (The darkness shall neither receive nor comprehend the light John 1 : 5 ). Then to overcome the darkness we must serve the will of God to allow his light to defeat the darkness. To receive God we need a vacant and unencumbered soul. That serves nothing and nobody but God.

"Whoever loves anything but me, whoever loves father and mother or many other things is not worthy of me. I did not come upon earth to bring peace but a sword, to cut away all things, to part you from sister, brother, mother, child, and friend that in truth are your foes" (Matt. 1 0 : 34 -36; d. 1 9 : 28 ) .

If this is true why did Paul suggest satan was an external foe. Did not Paul admit he would say anything to empower his church....

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1 Corinthians chapter 9 verses 19-22

A Church in which he saw himself as the Father...

For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

(1 Corinthians 4:15 ESV)

Yet Jesus warned we have only one Father ...

But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. 11 The greatest among you shall be your servant (Matthew 23:8-11 ESV)

Paul wrote his letters to empower a church. Rome added Paul's letters to the bible because they empower Rome. Paul's letters are not Gospel. He said so, himself (1 Corinthians chapter 9 verses 19-22).

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, lying does not bother someone who does not have a conscience. The number of people without a conscience is growing in the USA. Those people justify their evils by comparing them against those who do worse things than they do. They hide behind lawyers who get them off of crimes they committed. Most people cannot comprehend how much they lie, sometimes they parrot information that justifies the wrong they did.

There are varying degrees of deceit going on in society, in fact society often pushes deceit, it promotes it because the deception is part of the consensus of the society. I try not to lie or deceive, but it is hard because there is so many lies being spread through society that are accepted. Actually, conspiracy sites often try to open people's minds to the accepted lies in the social system we are part of. But sometimes, off the wall conspiracies discredit the sites which makes people ignore the truth that is being discovered. Many people in our country could not recognize the truth if it was told to them, thousands of years of conditioning makes people accept what society and those who control it says is real. Challenging the deceptions can get you classified as skitzo or crazy. So, don't act crazy, even though being a little crazy is fun, keep it moderated.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Your understanding of scripture is a bit skewed . Jesus did NOT defeat Satan in the desert. He merely did not allow himself to be tempted into sin and follow Satan. Satan’s grasp on mankinds sin was defeated on the cross... but Satan is still ruler of this earth... and it shows.

edit on 10-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Paul knew Christ. (Yeshua)
He met him on the road one day, and the rest is History!

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, lying does not bother someone who does not have a conscience. The number of people without a conscience is growing in the USA. Those people justify their evils by comparing them against those who do worse things than they do. They hide behind lawyers who get them off of crimes they committed. Most people cannot comprehend how much they lie, sometimes they parrot information that justifies the wrong they did.

There are varying degrees of deceit going on in society, in fact society often pushes deceit, it promotes it because the deception is part of the consensus of the society. I try not to lie or deceive, but it is hard because there is so many lies being spread through society that are accepted. Actually, conspiracy sites often try to open people's minds to the accepted lies in the social system we are part of. But sometimes, off the wall conspiracies discredit the sites which makes people ignore the truth that is being discovered. Many people in our country could not recognize the truth if it was told to them, thousands of years of conditioning makes people accept what society and those who control it says is real. Challenging the deceptions can get you classified as skitzo or crazy. So, don't act crazy, even though being a little crazy is fun, keep it moderated.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Ummm...the biggest lie ever told...is also the most feared nine word statement in the English language...

Wait for it...

“I’m from the government...and I’m here to help”

YouSir

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
a reply to: Nickn3
2nd biggest lie why no dear those pants don't make you look bad.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Confuse yourself.

You talk about reality while you have only your own to live.

And you live in a dream world.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

"Satan’s grasp on mankinds sin was defeated on the cross" "but Satan is still ruler of this earth"

Yet the world remains dark. If light and darkness cannot co-exist then what is stopping the light? If the darkness shall neither receive nor comprehend the light (John 1 : 5 ) then clearly darkness is rejecting the light. Couldn't it be that our own very earthly desires be the very darkness that rejects God? That to serve the will of the Father, we first have to reject our own will. A will that is symbolised as Satan. Is that not what tempted Jesus, a will that tempted him with earthly desires.

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matthew 7:21

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
....that we don't make our own reality
....that we don't have complete free will

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Confuse yourself.

I find it interesting that you’ve quoted Merauder multiple times now to support your personal version of Christianity when you seem to be oblivious to the fact that Jorge is not at all religious, isn’t down with Christianity or organized religion period. It’s a fine example of confirmation bias when you think someone’s words support your position when they don’t do so in any way whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I find the logic of the video nonsensical. If satan is an external foe, and Jesus defeated satan in the desert, why then does satan still exist? Either Jesus didn't defeat satan or satan is not an external foe, that can be defeated. But exists in each of us, as something we need to overcome, before we can achieve salvation.

Satan will exist as long as this earth exists. He's locked up in the Abyss for 1,000 years during the final reign of Jesus on earth and then he'll be cast into the Lake of Fire at the time of the final judgement.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yet the world remains dark. If light and darkness cannot co-exist then what is stopping the light? If the darkness shall neither receive nor comprehend the light (John 1 : 5 ) then clearly darkness is rejecting the light. Couldn't it be that our own very earthly desires be the very darkness that rejects God? That to serve the will of the Father, we first have to reject our own will. A will that is symbolised as Satan. Is that not what tempted Jesus, a will that tempted him with earthly desires.

Satan/Lucifer used to be a covering cherub angel of God before he was cast to the earth to deceive humans. The Bible says that Satan will also convince 1/3 of the other angels to follow him also. Angels have free will like we do and have the power to choose between God and Satan. They were given the will and ability to choose to leave their original habitat with God.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
That there is a God.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I live in New Jersey. And all around me there are some truly evil people with very bad character. And there are people devoted to God and living a moral life. And as far as I can tell the frequency of who gets the most blessings, good fortune, and happiness is about the same regardless of what anyone believes. You would think all the devotion to Jesus and God would amount to something tangible in the here and now.

At least the most devout worshipers of Jesus can be smug and happy in the knowledge that every non-believer is going to suffer for all eternity is the most painful way possible. I mean who is not happy with the idea of other people suffering the greatest amount of pain possible for millions of years for a mere 70 years of sins. What better way to feel special and above everyone else than the knowledge YOU will experience eternal heavenly bliss!! Being smug is a good reward!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

If you've ever been to Ikea in Elizabeth NJ on a Saturday then you will know Beelzebub's lair is just 200 feet below the building!!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Satan will exist as long as this earth exists. He's locked up in the Abyss for 1,000 years during the final reign of Jesus on earth and then he'll be cast into the Lake of Fire at the time of the final judgement.

There's probably more evidence Satan exists on Earth than there is evidence God exists.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The Bible. Yeah sure Noah lived for 800 years and a man walked on water before his body miraculously disappeared back to heaven despite no witnesses.

Star wars is more realistic than that book.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's hard to argue with any of your comments above. I'm sure we've all felt that way at some time or another. I can only make my own decisions based on my own experiences and the many blessings I feel like I've received.

So, when you contemplate the idea of there being no God, how does that make you feel? Does it bring a sense of peace?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Lets, take a few steps back. If you study Revelation 13:18 in Greek you will find "ἀνθρώπου" has been translated in other parts of bible as "for man" instead of "a man". So the interpretation of Revelation in Greek without the included "a" means something altogether different.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Have you heard the term, life is carbon based. The most common isotope of carbon is carbon-12. carbon-12 contains 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons.

If man is the beast(s) then what is revelation about. Perhaps John is describing his battle against his ego-beasts when ascending to the light of the Father.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join