It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Secretary Acosta defends role in Epstein plea deal, faults state prosecutors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like the botched plea deal for Jeffrey Epstein in 2008 was originally screwed up by Palm Beach County and the State of Florida !!

Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta was the DOJ "prosecutor" at the time in Florida.

Democrats have been screaming their fool heads off recently and want Acosta to resign.

Apparently the Feds only stepped in AFTER the case against Epstein wasn't going to include any jail time at all !!

No we know who was really "fixing-up" the case don't we 😎

Maybe Debbie Wasserman-Schultz was pushing buttons too ? Bet she had some "instructions" from low places too.

Democrats who have been accelerating this garbage need to immediately resign !!

Labor Secretary Acosta defends role in Epstein plea deal, faults state prosecutors

Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta pushed back Wednesday against calls for him to step down over his past involvement in a plea deal for financier Jeffrey Epstein, who was charged in federal court this week with sex trafficking -- saying his office fought for a tougher punishment after state prosecutors were ready to let him "walk free."

"Facts are important, and facts are being overlooked," he said at a press conference, giving his most detailed account to date of the 2008 deal.

Acosta, who was U.S. attorney for Florida at the time, helped Epstein secure a plea deal that resulted in an 18-month sentence — he served just 13 months. The deal was criticized as lenient because Epstein could have faced a life sentence. Acosta negotiated a deal that resulted in two state solicitation charges, but no federal charges.

But he said Wednesday that his office intervened only after state prosecutors were ready to let Epstein walk free.

"It's all about the facts right?"

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Acosta also said Epstein’s work release during his jail term was “BS.”

Acosta Blames Grand Jury for Prostitution Charge: Epstein Update

😆

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone has a price.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The prosecutors in the counties South of Tampa media market sure know how to screw things up. Miami cannot get its police in order, Broward has people murdered for serving subpoenas to democrats and sets up mass shooting acts in schools, and Palm Beach was going to literally let Epstein go free!!!

Well Mr Acosta, at least your goal was to send him to prison and force him to register. Can you believe those Democrat counties were not even going to have him register as a sex offender? People should be disgusted to even identify as a Democrat when a judicial system in a Democrat majority county will not even force a rapist to register as a sex offender until a Federal prosecutor stepped in out of disgust!

Who dares to identify as a Donkey now?? Do not let them eat in peace, they should be shamed out of any and every public venue we encounter them in!

A related interview with an attorney of some victims who was sued by Epstein related to this decades long litigation. He defended himself successfully, and has alot of interesting insight on other matters related to the case.

edit on 7-10-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well Mr Acosta, at least your goal was to send him to prison and force him to register. Can you believe those Democrat counties were not even going to have him register as a sex offender? People should be disgusted to even identify as a Democrat when a judicial system in a Democrat majority county will not even force a rapist to register as a sex offender until a Federal prosecutor stepped in out of disgust!

Thanks for that link. Much more informative than the OP link.

I guess I should be thankful for small wonders... but I'm bothered that his only reason given for not filing federal charges is because status quo.

“But how many times have you seen a federal office step into a state matter and stay to stop the state plea because it is insufficient?”

My answer is not enough!!!

Acosta said he wasn’t ordered by anyone at DOJ to cut a deal with Epstein.

I expect that is technically true, but I also suspect that no one had to... Because Mueller was making a deal for whatever information it was that Epstein provided.

Thanks for the video link too. I appreciated seeing the attorney say himself that Trump was quite cooperative and helpful when he represented the victims.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
I did have a link didn't I? Where did it go though?? I only see the video I found on the page!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I thought you did... but now I'm thinking that Xuen posted the link and not you... my apologies to both of you!!!

Here's the link again: Acosta Blames Grand Jury for Prostitution Charge: Epstein Update

It's a good report of Acosta's press conference.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here's something interesting:

Was Jeffrey Epstein a SPY? Trump's Labor Secretary Alex Acosta won't deny he made non-prosecution deal with pedophile in 2007 because he was told the financier 'belonged to intelligence'

Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta avoided on Wednesday answering a reporter's question about whether he consented to a lenient plea deal for pedophile Jeffrey Epstein in 2007 because he was instructed that the financier was a spy. According to The Daily Beast, when President Donald Trump's transition team vetted Acosta for the top Labor Department post, he was asked about the deal and replied that he had 'been told' to go easy.

Acosta, in one source's telling, said he 'was told Epstein "belonged to intelligence" and to leave it alone.'

In a press conference Wednesday afternoon, he dodged a pointed question about whether that version of events was true.

'Were you ever made aware at any point in your handling of this case,' a reporter asked Acosta, 'that Mr. Epstein was an intelligence asset of some sort?'

Acosta neither confirmed nor denied it.

Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I love how President Trump replied to staffers when they told him Democrats were angry and wanted acosta gone.

He said screw em!

edit on 7/10/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Acosta was warned off .....epstein is an inteligence asset and above his pay grade......What Does Robert Maxwell,conrad black, Spies, Israel, and Mossad Agents Have to Do with the Epstein Case?......could a blackmail ring corrupt an entire country ,religious leaders, politicians, and media personalities ....could they take the same dog and pony show to the U.K and have the same success......surely not, no populations on earth would be that dumb.....then again just read the threads on this site lol........iran iran iran

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
THE DEMOCRAT WHO LET JEFFREY EPSTEIN GET AWAY

Guy who let Epstein off in Florida gets all kinds of awards 🤣🤣

top topics

join