It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Barry Inspires Need for Meteorology Book of Comprehensive Proportions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was at my rig, scoping out tropical storm Barry on the radar when I realized I left the water on. It appears Barry might bring storms from the north over my region many miles away. Using the "future forecast" radar feature I couldn't help but notice a distinct pattern in the way the storm sucks in systems around it for many many miles.

And then it struck me... "Well.. duh... why don't I already know this?"

So here I am, a humble captive on a planet covered in complex meteorological systems that I do not understand fully. An interest has been sparked and I have come to you for assistance.

I'm looking for a comprehensive book on Meteorology that's not in the realm of college courses and test/exam prep.

Like... I want to find a well thought out, quality meteorology book for my library that I can pull out at any time and open to any page and dig in to something meaty about the weather ya dig?

Oh an nothing preachy either... I already got the doom and gloom weather book from the family.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Haven't seen it declared a TS yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What I find funny is that this system *may* (only may because this is a 6-day forecast and thus highly susceptible to change) swing out over Texas and come back up over the state line area where I'm at.

Why is that funny? Because this same system started out as a mesoconvective complex over this area on the 4th. So it could just make one big circle from cradle to grave.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV
Usually your nearest big box book store will have a good selection. I got two really nice books from there in the clearance section around Christmas time. One was about Castles of the world for my parents coffee table. Guests have really enjoyed picking it up and seeing the great high resolution images of hundreds of different castles. It may have been just European castles, I will see it again later in the week. The other was a really good introspective of deities and legends/myths/lore of just about every dang culture on Earth and highly illustrated.

So I know they will have an excellent book on meteorological phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
More good information than you will ever have time for. It goes real deep.

www.weather.gov...

top topics

join