It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California first state to give health benefits to illegals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

California has become the first state in the country to offer government-subsidized health benefits to young adults living in the U.S. illegally. The measure signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday extends coverage to low-income, undocumented adults age 25 and younger for the state's Medicaid program.

This is just wrong........
There are so many people that can't even use their healthcare because it has gotten so expensive. Now they have to pay
for people that aren't even really Americans!!!
How is this even happening?

I know how this is happening, and why, this is one little step closer to national healthcare. (which will be a disaster)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That is AWESOME!
WAY TO GO CALI!!!
Keep those dem voters registering!

So how long until cali goes bankrupt?
How long until people masquerade as illegals to get those benefits???

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.npr.org...

California has become the first state in the country to offer government-subsidized health benefits to young adults living in the U.S. illegally. The measure signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday extends coverage to low-income, undocumented adults age 25 and younger for the state's Medicaid program.

This is just wrong........
There are so many people that can't even use their healthcare because it has gotten so expensive. Now they have to pay
for people that aren't even really Americans!!!
How is this even happening?

I know how this is happening, and why, this is one little step closer to national healthcare. (which will be a disaster)

They are actually elevating illegal aliens above legal residents.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Keep up the free stuff the buses are filling up and headed your way. More crime and poo in the streets!!! How fast will companies start bailing out of the place.

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I guess being over 1 trillion in debt wasn't good enough for the state of California.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They must have figured a way to utilize federal money to pay for this. They have the ability to twist and deceive over there, after all, Hollywood is the biggest deceiver of all. Actors play parts, they make their money by creating an illusion. I do like to watch TV and movies, but can see that what actors do is deception.

I guess it is normal behavior in parts of California to deceive people. Do any woman in California actually have natural tits and their real face?

+1 more 
link   

California leadership has gone insane. But they represent the people who voted them in, so if insanity is what Californians want, insanity is what they'll get.

The truly interesting thing about freedom is that we are also free to get rid of it, replace it with an authoritarian state.

California is a prime example of an ideology and the people that want it.

link   
Don't they already have enough to do with the money after the quakes?

Ohhh, cheap manual labour.. makes sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

California leadership has gone insane.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Remember not too long ago when California wanted to break away and create their own country?? Well, i think we should allow them.. And once they're established as a new country, invade them and take it back.... hahaha

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am confused...if they are undocumented how will they determine that they are low income and/ or not a legal alien or citizen? Wouldn't Undocumented mean anyone can just show up without any documentation and claim this healthcare benefit?

Or is there some kind of racial or ethnic profiling involved here?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Didnt the Democrats penalize Americans for not buying health insurance?

Ya know, Obamacares penalty...

But let's give healthcare to illegals...
Might as well rename the state mexifornia....

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
California is like that neighbor that keeps feeding the seagulls and they end up pooping all over your car.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I am confused...if they are undocumented how will they determine that they are low income and/ or not a legal alien or citizen? Wouldn't Undocumented mean anyone can just show up without any documentation and claim this healthcare benefit?

Or is there some kind of racial or ethnic profiling involved here?

Seriously... Just imagine... a person that is a legal citizen...can't afford, or can't get coverage for cancer, etc...
Imagine they pretend they are not legal.........

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Glad I dont live in California. This really tics me off. I'm in my 40's and use to have really good cheap insurance. Now I have nothing. Really ticks me off.
edit on 10-7-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So instead of funding the public pension plans, they are instead going to ignore it in favor of providing health care to illegals.

The state’s two biggest public pension systems are badly underfunded. They’re also the largest and second-largest public pension funds in the country. They’re the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, or CalPERS, and the teachers’ pension fund, CalSTRS.

CalPERS has unfunded liabilities — benefits promised compared with anticipated funding — of $136 billion, Nation says. For CalSTRS, the projected red ink is $87 billion. That’s based on 2016 data, the latest available.

If you total up the unfunded liabilities of all state and local public pension systems in California, the projected debt comes to around $333 billion, Nation says. But that’s a conservative figure based on official reports. It could be up over $1 trillion.

“No one believes the official numbers are correct except maybe people within the system itself,” Nation says. “They all use fuzzy math and play games with their debt.”

Just using the official numbers, Nation says, the unfunded liability amounts to an average of $26,000 per household — fourth worst in the country. No. 1 is Connecticut at $38,000, followed by Alaska and Hawaii.

In California, the pension systems are 69% funded, meaning they can project enough money to pay 69% of what’s promised.

“It’s clear pension costs are going to overtake so much else in the budget,” Nation continues. “We have these benefits that are not sustainable.”

Who’s to blame? “It’s not the rank-and-file employees who did this,” the former legislator says. “It’s the politicians.”

LA Times

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Didnt the Democrats penalize Americans for not buying health insurance?

Ya know, Obamacares penalty...

But let's give healthcare to illegals...
Might as well rename the state mexifornia....

In California, if you are an American citizen who cannot afford health insurance, you are fined by the state to pay for health insurance for illegals who are here illegally and cannot afford health insurance.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am sure the mentally deranged Libs are dancing in the streets over this.
What the # is the point of obeying any laws in this country, if the Leftist politicians don’t?
Free sh!t for everyone! Just take what you want!
Useless assholes.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If I were a CA resident I'd be packing my bags. The fact that elected gov. officials would rather spend taxpayers money on illegals than their own citizens speaks volumes.

Absolutely ridiculous...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
What the # is the point of obeying any laws in this country, if the Leftist politicians don’t?
Free sh!t for everyone! Just take what you want!
Useless assholes.

it's because the democrats and MSM only cause outrage about law being broken when it suits their narrative (and they even make up false stories altogether to cause more outrage to suit their agenda)

When laws and rights of citizens are being trampled FOR their agenda, it's a non-issue, "fake news" or they deflect and create some fake scandal instead

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join