It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil-Democrat-Communist said something that actually made some sense for once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

AOC says she’s open to getting rid of entire DHS in interview

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., last week suggested she was open to getting rid of the Department of Homeland Security in order to undo "a lot of the egregious mistakes that the Bush administration did."

www.foxnews.com...

Now she said this to get rid of ICE and I would just place ICE under their old department instead, so she's way off base there. She's still a communist evil moron. But like a trained chimp, sometimes she says or does something that looks surprisingly human!

But DHS is a monolith started by Bush and a redundant system in my opinion.

So yeah, eliminate DHS.

I am also under the impression that the Secret Service is also under DHS, return that department back to Treasury as well.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I feel like redundant is an overstatement.

DHS, NSA, FBI, local police... How many do we need? Could we just have one federal and then local, I feel like that would make sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

DOJ: investigating Democrats for treason, human trafficking, underage prostitution rings, voter fraud,drug smuggling, etc...

CBP: shows Democrats enabling immigration fraud

ICE: preventing immigration fraud, starts deporting illegal immigrants.

DHS: labels Antifa a domestic terrorist organization

AOC: we need to get rid of Every government run investigative agency immediately!!!!
edit on 10-7-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

She wants to eliminate investigatory agencies and enforcement agencies because they work.

I want to eliminate federal level redundancy because it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She wants to eliminate investigatory agencies and enforcement agencies because they work.

I actually agree with you there.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have no problem with Homeland Security, but I think that the cost of the DHS at the airports should be tacked to tickets for air travel instead of paid for by taxpayers. After all, people flying all over the world and everywhere in this country contribute to global warming, so they want the taxpayer to pay for all of that instead of the ones using the service.

We still will have to patrol the borders, and that will have to be taken care of with Tax payer money. We will still need to do research on sites that terrorists use to communicate. But monitoring every citizen is not necessary, of course those flying to Muslim Countries for longer stays need to be checked out somewhat to make sure they did not go to get terrorist training.

The majority of people in this country rarely fly, yet there is a great cost to the taxpayer for the airport system. If each ticket costs a hundred bucks extra, then suck it up, it will be good for the environment and our local economies if people don't go spend their money on cruise ships and go to play at huge tourist traps created in our country. Spend the money locally, do not give it to the rich who invest in these big enterprises. I know quite a few people who save all year to go on these trips, they eat poorly because they cannot afford the trip and to eat correctly. They come back from vacation beat out and tired, sometimes they feel crappy from eating all those foods tainted with microbes that we have little resistance too.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Agreed completely except for the Communist evil moron and trained chimp part.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The administrative state will sink to despotism if left to it’s own devices. There is little accountability, yet these unelected officials have the power to make rules and enforce them.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The concept of homeland security is fine but the execution has been flawed.

I live in a county of 40k ish population and we have several vehicles in DHS inventory.
Honestly there's nothing in this county thats so vital to national security that terrorists would even bother

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

She's still a communist evil moron.

Wait. What?

So you're an evil communist moron as well now? Congrats. About time!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The concept of homeland security is fine but the execution has been flawed.

I live in a county of 40k ish population and we have several vehicles in DHS inventory.
Honestly there's nothing in this county thats so vital to national security that terrorists would even bother

Bush and the rest of the progressives used 9/11 as an opportunity to increase the size and scope of government and reduce freedoms (Patriot Act).

The evil-communist-scum will use each and every excuse and reason to reduce freedoms and increase their power.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The evil-communist-scum will use each and every excuse and reason to reduce freedoms and increase their power.

That's what extremists on both ends of the spectrum always want. Good ideas have a power of their own and they usually arise from freedom. Extremists need power to enforce their bad ideas. That's what we, as citizens, have to watch out for -- people doing things "for our own good."

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I remember the dems saying how terrible the patriot act was and when the term was up obama renewed the bill...
Hmmm

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Bush and the rest of the progressives used 9/11 as an opportunity to increase the size and scope of government and reduce freedoms (Patriot Act).

We call them Neocons on this side of the pond, check your labels ASAP.

Comrade, we were mocking this Patriot Act bollocks years ago already. Lay down those silly platitudes and grab a sickle already, the tumbleweed doesn't harvest itself. Yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thoughts?

I don't like the idea. DHS, like the Patriot Act, wasn't a bad idea initially. It became a SNIPshow, same as the Patriot Act, after the no-borders/no patriotism crowd in DC futzed with the purpose of the agency and turned it's attention more inward than outward. The DHS needs to be refocused with it's gaze turned almost entirely outward at the world around us, not directed at our own citizens in little more than an exercise in non-profiling virtue signalling.

The TSA, that's another matter. Screw them with a rusty crowbar and drop them in the nearest dumpster... if civil LEO and DHS were properly doing their jobs, there'd be no need for the TSA.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I agree on eliminating redundancy.

My concern would be on if eliminating would reduce the scope and size of the duties this new mammoth alphabet monster would be overseeing?

The size of the agency would also hamper it as much as redundancy hampers all the little 'bets now.

top topics

join