It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Ambassador to US - Kim Darroch resigns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Yeah, 'cause you know how dangerous TV can be, it has sharp edges!!
This is how the BBC is paid for but if you don't watch or listen to it, then you can go without it.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Yeah, 'cause you know how dangerous TV can be, it has sharp edges!!
This is how the BBC is paid for but if you don't watch or listen to it, then you can go without it.

Crazy.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
did he take precautions to make sure he was using secure channels with it?

I would imagine he was using whatever route is normally used for making diplomatic reports. That ought to be secure, so it looks like political corruption operating at the receiving end.

We have similar positions on the resignation itself. If he can't relate with the host government, then he can't function in that post, but he does not deserve to be punished.

And the people who leaked this should be put into prison for starting conflict between nations.

I believe this is the offence called "leasing-making" in the Middle Ages, but modern projects to tidy up the law have probably abolished it

I wonder if the British government actually caught and properly punished those who leaked the information?

I hope the investigation is under way, but tracking them down might not be easy.

edit on 10-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Shame but I suppose his position was untenable following the leak.

The Civil Service must have the freedom to speak frankly.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

MSM has proven quite credible.

Just as you have continually been proven correct.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the guy got shafted. It is perfectly normal and expected for an ambassador to give free and frank reports back to their own government on their take on the policies and leadership of the host nation. To do otherwise is not doing their job. You can be sure that America's man in London does the same thing re Brexit etc.

Trump's reaction to it was puerile at best. It was like a child who's just found someone talking behind their back. He goes straight into name calling, foot stamping and I'm-not-playing-anymore mode. It certainly could have been handled in a more adult manner.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

I dont know if Boris is evil but he sure could use some better hair care products.
Living Proof Anti frizz or something.

Maybe he could borrow a balloon from Bernie, or a salad comb from Amy Klobuchar.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ummm...Bu Buy...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

What the guy got was caught. Rightly or wrongly, he is a burned asset and likely has lost all of his inside contacts. He is radioactive and the leakers can't be seen to associate with him. He is now useless as a US ambassador and will likely reappear in a few months in a distant locale.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

England is dying at a far faster rate than U.S. England is the definition of PC culture. What little rights they had are now gone. Sharia law and its courts are already ruling over the mass muslim population while England law is being ignored and the politicians know this.

A pretty sad state of affairs when you are questioned when buying a steak knife.

Sharia Law isn't ruling any of the UK, that is a myth and I bought myself a hunting knife yesterday, no questions asked, just my name taken and I.D Shown...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Interesting.

MSM are reporting that Chris Steele is legit after 16hour "Grilling" by the DOJ.

Being pushed hard by all MSM but here is a source.

Damn, I read about that grilling a month ago, when it happened at the beginning of June.

That tabloid is a month behind.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

no questions asked, just my name taken and I.D Shown...

Yeah, no questions.
Just had to give them your name and ID.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: oldcarpy

We live in fear of the dreaded knock on the door for cutlery drawer inspection.

The Goverment let you have a cutlery drawer! I'm only allowed sporks in a box 'cause you know "evil" lefty conservative Goverment!!

Don’t you need a licence to watch TV?

They would like you to pay for one to watch the BBC. Most of us in Scotland boycotted them after their pro-remain coverage of the Scottish Referendum. Personally I've never had a licence since I left the parental home in '97...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

TV license eh?

That's how Capita extorts monies from old age pensioners these days.

Never had one in my life nether, and if I'm honest i cannot remember my Mum nor Dad ever having one.

My Granny and Granpa had one for there old Black and White mind you.

Feck the BBC! LoL

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The guy was doing his job.
Rightly or wrongly that was his assessment and I'm absolutely certain Ambassadors from all round the world do the same.

Does anyone think that the US Ambassador to the UK hasn't written at least equally damning assessments of the shower of #e that infest Westminster at present.

Obviously his position was compromised and he couldn't continue in that role.

But he shouldn't be demonised for doing exactly what he was paid to do....the guilty culprit was the person, or persons, responsible for the leak.
Just what agenda are they pushing?

This happens far too often; Civil Servants leaking information in order to push their own political bias.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Its The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not England.
If you don't know the difference that speaks absolutely volumes about you.

And I haven't heard a bigger load of bollocks in all my time here on ATS.

I can't be arsed to even begin to rip everything you posted to bits, it doesn't even warrant this reply really.

And what on earth has the utter #e you posted have to do with the subject under discussion?

Typical of the anti-British Brigade who seek to criticise and spread this total nonsense at any given opportunity without a single piece of supportive evidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

England is dying at a far faster rate than U.S. England is the definition of PC culture. What little rights they had are now gone. Sharia law and its courts are already ruling over the mass muslim population while England law is being ignored and the politicians know this.

A pretty sad state of affairs when you are questioned when buying a steak knife.

What a complete and utter load of rubbish!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly bastard probably licks the power socket on the way out the door every morning.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Where? I haven't seen him mentioned in the news for a very very long time.

Christopher Steele, July 9th.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Where? I haven't seen him mentioned in the news for a very very long time.

Christopher Steele, Politico. 2 days ago

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join