It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Ambassador to US - Kim Darroch resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah right. LOl

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He resigned because he was embarrassed that we saved his country from the Nazi's in WWII.

'Murca, # yeah!

Kidding guys. . . relax.

So an opinionated diplomat resigns.

'Kay.

Yay!

The next one will probably think Trump is an asshole as well, but diplomacy is (according to Mark Twain) "The ability to step on someone's shoes without messing up the shine."

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She said the MSM was pushing the story hard so I went to look.
Dont go after me for the language posted by someone else.
I was just trying to verify the news.

Those stories were all re introduced in Mueller report. Nothing that the Times or the Washington Pos publishedt has been disproven so I don't know what your point is.

MSM has proven quite credible.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thats not what the story said.

The interview is part of an ongoing investigation that the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, has been conducting for the past year. Specifically, Horowitz has been examining the FBI’s efforts to surveil a one-time Trump campaign adviser based in part on information from Steele, an ex-British MI6 agent who had worked with the bureau as a confidential source since 2010. Horowitz’s team has been intensely focused on gauging Steele’s credibility as a source for the bureau. But Steele was initially reluctant to speak with the American investigators because of the potential impropriety of his involvement in an internal DOJ probe as a foreign national and retired British intelligence agent.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

MSM has proven quite credible.

Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
It’s appropriate I guess. He did not resign because of what he said. He resigned because he got caught.

Bingo! That's exactly what Darroch said yesterday.. that all diplomats report their positive and negative views.

If anyone read the leaked communiques, Darroch was really angry over the "America First" strategy being implemented by President Trump in 2017. That's when he had his harshest words.

The liberal MSM only covered the insulting language without explaining why Darroch was using it. To its credit Fox News and Conservative pundits used the entire paragraph in their reporting/discussions, instead of cherry-picking "exciting" words.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It was either resign or get fired. Resigning on his part was the smart thing to do. That was not appropriate behavior for an ambassador.

Hillary had to resign or she would have been charged and fired, that was the smart thing to do.
edit on 10-7-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

according to two people familiar with the matter

Like I posted they were surprised he did not lie.(5eyes and all)
He also refused to come to the usa to be interviewed, make of that what you will.....
Wonder if they asked him about the russian ologarch that was funding him???

Those reports will be glorious .....almost enough to make old biddies at the parlor shut up???

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DISRAELI

I dont know if Boris is evil but he sure could use some better hair care products.
Living Proof Anti frizz or something.

How could you not like that hair? You can spot him coming a mile away. I always giggle as soon as I see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Oh she likes it....ALMOST as much as trumps hair.
Trumps hair does special things to her.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

England is dying at a far faster rate than U.S. England is the definition of PC culture. What little rights they had are now gone. Sharia law and its courts are already ruling over the mass muslim population while England law is being ignored and the politicians know this.

A pretty sad state of affairs when you are questioned when buying a steak knife.

Yes. Us poor Brits live under the yoke of strict Sharia Law. These courts are everywhere now.

We live in fear of the dreaded knock on the door for cutlery drawer inspection.

Not really. You are talking bollox.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We had Boris and Hunt head to head on TV yesterday. Can't stand either of them but am disliking Boris the most so far.

It was like watching the Apprentice with both of them all "Make me PM cos I've had experience of running ....etc."

Pretty lame, actually.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And after being careful not to let the hit door hit him on his way out he went for his daily doctor visit...to treat his TDS

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It was either resign or get fired. Resigning on his part was the smart thing to do. That was not appropriate behavior for an ambassador.

No, he himself did nothing wrong. He made a private assessment for the benefit of his home government, which is precisely what ambassadors are paid to do,
If he had made his observations publicly, THAT would have been inapprorpiate behaviour, but he didn't.
At the same time, the resignation does make sense because an ambassador has to be able to work with the host government.
All the blame should be attached to the people who leaked the document, who obviously had a political agenda of their own.

edit on 10-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I posted on this subject before and stated that the leakers were at fault, but did he actually know that this would be leaked, did he take precautions to make sure he was using secure channels with it? Hillary got in trouble partly because she was not using secure ways to send messages.

Either way, Kim has to resign to save face for his country. Other countries also see what he said, I am sure that the US is not the only country that he talked about leaders like that. But the info got leaked about trump, even though I agree some of his assessment was true, I think any ambassador involved should resign when something like that happens, for the good of his country. In this case, I do not think he should lose his pension unless it is found that he did have something to do with the leak. And the people who leaked this should be put into prison for starting conflict between nations.

I wonder if the British government actually caught and properly punished those who leaked the information?

edit on 10-7-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The Goverment let you have a cutlery drawer! I'm only allowed sporks in a box 'cause you know "evil" lefty conservative Goverment!!

edit on 10-7-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: oldcarpy

The Goverment let you have a cutlery drawer! I'm only allowed sporks in a box 'cause you know "evil" lefty conservative Goverment!!

Don’t you need a licence to watch TV?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: rickymouse

No, he himself did nothing wrong. He made a private assessment for the benefit of his home government, which is precisely what ambassadors are paid to do,
If he had made his observations publicly, THAT would have been inapprorpiate behaviour, but he didn't.
At the same time, the resignation does make sense because an ambassador has to be able to work with the host government.
All the blame should be attached to the people who leaked the document, who obviously had a political agenda of their own.

I agree, who ever leaked the document should be found, and prosecuted if they've acted illegally.
You want your ambassadors to be able to speak freely and honestly, and I'm sure Trump wants America's ambassadors to be able to do the same.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This was bound to happen, especially when POTUS reiterated that he wouldn't deal with the ambassador anymore.

His position became untenable and it was clearly the best course of action to halt an actual souring of UK-US relations.

This was not surprising at all.
edit on 10-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join