It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Now Wants To Cut Prison Incarceration By More Than 50 Percent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Ha, yes I agree. I don't even smoke anymore but the law is so antiquated. So many tax dollars going to finding and holding these "dangerous" pot smokers... I can't believe the drug war has waged for nearly 50 years. It's America... Leave us alone...
edit on 9-7-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Ha, yes I agree. I don't even smoke anymore but the law is so antiquated. So many tax dollars going to finding and holding these "dangerous" pot smokers... I can't believe the drug war has waged for nearly 50 years. It's America... Leave us alone...

The law is to conform.

So many want you to fall in line, whether it be in how you talk or how you act.

God forbid you find balance in smoking some herb or saying what's on your mind.

Fall in line son. We can't afford free thinkers and all of their crazy bullsh##. We have to preserve our way of life man.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hey, I'm totally in agreement with creepy Joe here, but I think he should explain that he's holding this stance because he realizes the damage he's done to our nation (for generations to come) with his previous stance, and that he wants to right a terrible wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If there isn't a stiff penalty for doing crimes, then people who are criminally minded will do crimes since the benefit outweighs the punishment. I knew people who would get in trouble and they knew exactly what the plea bargains would be so they weighed whether breaking the law was acceptable. They never even paid fines or the costs of jail stays. They found ways to fool the blood tests for pot. These people are not dumb, they know how the system works.

Now this kind of people will weight the benefit and compare it to the penalty they receive. When young these people do not think about paying their fines, just like college kids do not properly assess their having to pay back college loans. Students keep thinking that maybe if they do not get a job, their college loans do not need to be paid. Same with the young criminals, you cannot get blood out of a turnip and the courts do not go after low income people to take away what they need to survive, so they stay in poverty.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Aren't most people in for victimless offenses?

I think we need more private prisons. Think of them as long term sleep away camps for adults, just with violent and unwanted sexual advances.

Ooh ooh!! We can call them 'Lodges'

Thats'a'paddlin'

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Who could be against cutting our prison population by half? We have 4% of the worlds population and the highest incarceration rate in the entire world.

If your politics lead you to doing something like supporting an industry that profits from keeping people locked in a box, throw them away.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sorry, not buying it from Biden or any of these career politicians.

It's like having a janitor job for 40 years and all of a sudden, you have this great idea for mopping the floor.

Well asshole, just what the # were you doing for the past 40 years?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: sine.nomine

The law is to conform.

So many want you to fall in line, whether it be in how you talk or how you act.

God forbid you find balance in smoking some herb or saying what's on your mind.

Fall in line son. We can't afford free thinkers and all of their crazy bullsh##. We have to preserve our way of life man.

I know your post is in jest, but it brings up a good point. "the law is to conform". Who's law and why their law? Hell, even Sharia law is coming to a town near you. When does "the law" become overbearing? How do the people reclaim ownership of themselves?

...just a rant, but an honest one...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Hey, I'm all for prison reform, but IMO creepy Joe is just pandering for votes. I mean, c'mon, take a look on how many times he has flipped on past issues.

Matter of fact, I think just about every single Democratic candidate has flip flopped, the worst being Gillibrand.

The only Democratic candidate that isn't a clown IMO is Tulsi Gabbard, who is the first female combat veteran ever to run for the presidency and is presently a major in the US Army National Guard. I respect that and think she's smart, sensible and is the only Democratic candidate that doesn't come across like a fool.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

She also wants to raise taxes and ban "assault" weapons.

She's just as much a progressive leftist as Warren or Booker.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think the Democratic Leadership are redistributing their forces. 350,000 to 400,000 soldiers. They are ready to say screw it and release the hounds. The Democratic Leadership does seem to have that Ramsayish quality, and Biden does want to reverse to the course that Barrack Hussain Obama set into motion. Why do you think he used his son to collect all that money?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

At 1:30 in the vid he is speaking hypothetically and says "15 years from now, Madame president..".

Like, did they have the attempted fix for Hilary already set up in 1993?

I know I sound conspiracy, but the fact he said Madame seems weird to me.

Maybe he was just trying to sound progressive, but his rant was otherwise not.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Gabbard's homophobia, her criticizing Israel, or her past support of Sen. Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential election. However, she doesn't appear to be pandering to anyone, like some of the other candidates. She has in the past rebuked Obama and has bashed a few of her fellow Democrats, but I agree with you she's far from perfect.

Lets face it, no Democrat will be able to unseat Trump because of their positions on abortion, immigration, environmental concerns, health care and gun control. It's a losing battle and they all have become desperate in their attempt to win voters.

Can't wait to see the next debates in late July. I wonder if more gloves will come off in an attempt to rattle Biden, Warren, Sanders and Harris. I personally think tempers will flare and some cages will get seriously rattled.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Heard it through the grapevine that Biden had a change of heart after inspecting our immigration detainee facilities

edit on 10-7-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think that the Democratic candidates are trying to get the women vote. If a woman is working and cannot properly train her kids to be good, honest citizens, the kid gets in trouble. So the Democrats stress ways that limit the people's access to weapons and try to con the women into believing they can reduce the sentences of their teenagers and troublesome offspring. Getting out of jail free cards do not usually work to suppress future crimes. When a kid keeps getting away with things, the severity of the crime can increase too. Often, people who lawyer up with small crimes and get their kids out of trouble can cause the kid to go further towards committing even bigger crimes since they got away with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Ooh ooh!! We can call them 'Lodges'

Thats'a'paddlin'

Nothing unwanted happens in Lodge unless you're a visitor.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Biden has been in DC for decades, was VP for 8 years.

And only NOW if elected. . .

He will cure cancer and cut jail time?

I mean, granted I'm cute. But I'm no dumb-blonde-cute. Is anyone actually buying this?

Sad thing is if you repeat the lie long enough many will believe it!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bragging or complaining?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I mean, granted I'm cute. But I'm no dumb-blonde-cute. Is anyone actually buying this?

The exact same could be said for Trump..
www.cbsnews.com...

"We will push onward with new medical frontiers," Mr. Trump said. "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases including cancer and others. And we're getting closer all the time."

Why wait, he is president now!!
Personally I'm sick of all the lip smack from all these jokers!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The exact same could be said for Trump..
www.cbsnews.com...

"We will push onward with new medical frontiers," Mr. Trump said. "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases including cancer and others. And we're getting closer all the time."

Why wait, he is president now!!
Personally I'm sick of all the lip smack from all these jokers!

Nope.

Before being president, how many years was Trump in DC as a politician?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join