It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Now Wants To Cut Prison Incarceration By More Than 50 Percent

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Not sure who the head clown is, in the Democrats' clown car of Presidential candidates, but Biden is looking more and more like the top bozo every time he opens his mouth. He's still clinging as forerunner for the 2020 Democratic nomination, but as time goes on, I think that will change. His statements and gaffes will become more problematic for him as time goes on. Take for example the latest revelation he offered to an ACLU member at a weekend campaign event in South Carolina. Bug eyed Biden really wanted to get his point across to this gentleman:

I wonder if this ACLU member remembers the 1994 “tough on crime” law that Joe Biden helped write? This law actually encouraged states "to adopt harsher criminal justice policies," which many feel "was one of the key contributors to mass incarceration in the 1990s."

The controversial 1994 crime law that Joe Biden helped write, explained. The 1994 “tough on crime” law remains a big topic of debate in 2020 Democratic debates.

If you ask some criminal justice reform activists, the 1994 crime law passed by Congress and signed by President Bill Clinton, which was meant to reverse decades of rising crime, was one of the key contributors to mass incarceration in the 1990s. They say it led to more prison sentences, more prison cells, and more aggressive policing — especially hurting black and brown Americans, who are disproportionately likely to be incarcerated.

...the 1994 law attempted to encourage states to adopt harsher criminal justice policies. It provided money for states to build prisons and adopt “truth in sentencing” laws that increase prison sentences by requiring inmates to serve out at least 85 percent of their prison sentences without an early release.

www.vox.com...

So, how many flip flops would this be for Biden? Biden can't Hyde from abortion, will he be able to hide from his involvement with the “tough on crime” law too?

edit on 7/9/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Biden ,like the Democratic Party in general , is "a flailin and a failin"

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's all part of his plan, release them and use their combined brainpower to accelerate cancer research so he can cure it during his first term.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I like the guy, he's all "new" American. Let's sell out to our enemies. Don' t you folks know that by now. His son... read up on the freak'n money he made, funny thing is, where did the money go and was he free to spend it.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You have to target your voter demographics I suppose. The Dems will say and do anything for a vote, even if that includes flushing our country down the crapper. They don’t care about the minority groups it’s all about the votes. I’ve never seen a sadder bunch of hypocrites in my life.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
You have to target your voter demographics I suppose. The Dems will say and do anything for a vote, even if that includes flushing our country down the crapper. They don’t care about the minority groups it’s all about the votes. I’ve never seen a sadder bunch of hypocrites in my life.

You need to crank up your Marshall to where Joe can't hear himself talk.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's all part of his plan, release them and use their combined brainpower to accelerate cancer research so he can cure it during his first term.

Can they still smoke in prison these days?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He's trying to lock in the "din do nuttin" vote...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: mtnshredder

You need to crank up your Marshall to where Joe can't hear himself talk.

I can do that. LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Aren't most people in for victimless offenses?

Petty Marijuana possession and unpaid child support? While the latter might have a victim, I hardly see how making them a tax burden rather than a tax payer helps.

I don't like Biden, but maybe he's right here. God forbid we cut some tax spending. I don't know if everyone has taken a look at our spending, but we're doing more of that than revenue.... Both parties guilty.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Weird...

Is this the same Biden who had a rant about black folks being predators and they should be thrown in jail to protect his wife and kids and sister and mother?

"You cannot make rehabilitation a condition of their release"... Joe Biden

Seriously... watch the video. It's shocking.

Fascinating.

The Democratic party imploding under the weight of their own hypocrisy.

edit on 9-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Just let them all out now, well the ones who promise to vote for me anyway. What a dweeb! What a sell out.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think we need more private prisons. Think of them as long term sleep away camps for adults, just with violent and unwanted sexual advances.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Biden has been in DC for decades, was VP for 8 years.

And only NOW if elected. . .

He will cure cancer and cut jail time?

I mean, granted I'm cute. But I'm no dumb-blonde-cute. Is anyone actually buying this?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think we need more private prisons. Think of them as long term sleep away camps for adults, just with violent and unwanted sexual advances.

Only if they do their due diligence in campaign spending. Because that makes it a public service.

Thank you private industry for helping the people get the best public servants. It feels warm and cozy knowing we have people looking out for us.
edit on 9-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus . . . . with violent and unwanted sexual advances.

Sounds like my honeymoon.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus . . . . with violent and unwanted sexual advances.

Sounds like my honeymoon.

Damn man, heavy depreciation there 👌

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Weird...

Is this the same Biden who had a rant about black folks being predators and they should be thrown in jail to protect his wife and kids and sister and mother?

"You cannot make rehabilitation a condition of their release"... Joe Biden

Seriously... watch the video. It's shocking.

Fascinating.

The Democratic party imploding under the weight of their own hypocrisy.

Any with common sense knows he's retarded in his mental thinking.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I honestly believe there should be some kind of prison reform. Our "justice" system is a sham. Making a mistake shouldn't mean life behind bars.

That said, Biden is a pandering ass. We know that. But we focus on persons instead of people. It's nauseating. Screw Biden. Give non-violent offenders a chance. We all make mistakes.

Should we chop off typing fingers for not paying taxes on online interstate purchases? It's all stupid. And yes, I've been drinking.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I honestly believe there should be some kind of prison reform. Our "justice" system is a sham. Making a mistake shouldn't mean life behind bars.

That said, Biden is a pandering ass. We know that. But we focus on persons instead of people. It's nauseating. Screw Biden. Give non-violent offenders a chance. We all make mistakes.

Should we chop off typing fingers for not paying taxes on online interstate purchases? It's all stupid. And yes, I've been drinking.

You have a valid point and Trump signed into law a prison reform bill.

A start.

Now if someone has the balls to just repeal the Federal law against weed then it would solve 50% of the problem.

Waiting for Biden to float that idea... or Trump... or anyone.

Speaking as a non-user but an herbalist that thinks that making a flower illegal is retarded.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join