It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted kidnappings in daylight in very public places

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Authorities have revealed that a family from Lithia Springs, Ga. was traveling through the airport’s atrium around 5 a.m. on June 24 when a woman tried to seize a stroller carrying their youngest child, a baby girl, and run off, CBS46 reports.

I read this store a little bit ago and I just thought, how brazen to try that in such a public place. It's a sad world that we can't take our eyes off our
kids or grand-kids. I'm afraid with human trafficking this stuff is starting to blow up.

Just after this story, another story about another attempted abduction of a little boy at Hersey Park, in Pennsylvania.

Common thread is that it is women that are doing it.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.foxnews.com...

The Hersey Park one is very very weird and it appears they are backtracking, but here is what the woman said to the little boy:

“She was waiting for the boy when he came down the slide and then attempted to walk away with him telling him that he would have fun on the slide in another area of the water park,” her letter states.

How is that a "mistake" or confusion?

Just imagine, human traffickers get a group of kids they are "watching". and they entice a victim. If they get that victim, they win, if they don't they can just claim they were confused etc... sounds super super fishy to me!

I will say this, the children in the Hersey story knew not to go with a stranger!! Yay for the parents/teachers and everyone that taught them this!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.foxnews.com...

The Hersey Park one is very very weird and it appears they are backtracking, but here is what the woman said to the little boy:

“She was waiting for the boy when he came down the slide and then attempted to walk away with him telling him that he would have fun on the slide in another area of the water park,” her letter states.

How is that a "mistake" or confusion?

Just imagine, human traffickers get a group of kids they are "watching". and they entice a victim. If they get that victim, they win, if they don't they can just claim they were confused etc... sounds super super fishy to me!

I will say this, the children in the Hersey story knew not to go with a stranger!! Yay for the parents/teachers and everyone that taught them this!

The story I heard on local news this morning said that there was a chaperone that received credit for their actions in the Hershey Park case. They did say that now it appears that the 'woman' involved (alleged abductor) was only a teenage girl.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Procurers can be pretty young.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There are always weirdo cases where a woman who can't have a kid attempts to steal one. Several cases of women killing another woman who was pregnant and attempting to take the baby (literally cutting out of womb). It is some kind of mental illness where women don't feel complete unless they have a child.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

True.
It is good that everyone was on their toes and nothing bad happened, but according to the story, after viewing security cameras and talking to the girl, they believed her story about confusing the child with another that was part of her party at the amusement park.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ketsuko

True.
It is good that everyone was on their toes and nothing bad happened, but according to the story, after viewing security cameras and talking to the girl, they believed her story about confusing the child with another that was part of her party at the amusement park.

Hershey, Disney, Universal, Six Flags don't want any bad publicity. My guess is that they would go through great lengths to make sure that the story sounded as benign as possible.

Just think about human trafficking rings, who is in them, teenagers!
Who recruits others, teenagers! Not saying this is 100% the case here, but something seems off.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Mistaken identity or confusion is completely within the realm of possibility. I'm sure law enforcement looked closely at the perp and her associates, and determined they were not involved with human trafficking or kidnapping activities.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This kind of stuff has always been happening, but usually only local people knew about the disappearances. With the Internet having widespread news we hear more about these things. I am not sure if it is worse or not, but we do hear way more now about things like this than we ever did before. On days when Trump puts his foot in his mouth, these kind of articles do not get spread nationwide. Evidently Trump has been quiet lately.

A lot of people disappear in this country every year. I was shocked when I saw the numbers of people who all of a sudden went missing.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Mistaken identity or confusion is completely within the realm of possibility. I'm sure law enforcement looked closely at the perp and her associates, and determined they were not involved with human trafficking or kidnapping activities.

Yes I know that case -might be totally innocent... but look at these stats...

www.creditdonkey.com...

Every 40 seconds a child goes missing somewhere in the United States. There are more than 460,000 missing children each year. Of those missing children, almost 1,500 of them are kidnapped.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

On the other side, that sounds like a lot until you consider over 350,000,000 people in the US.

I am concerned about my son, yes, but I'm also not wrapping him in bubble wrap, either.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

www.creditdonkey.com...

Every 40 seconds a child goes missing somewhere in the United States. There are more than 460,000 missing children each year. Of those missing children, almost 1,500 of them are kidnapped.

What they left out is most of those kidnappings are also by family members...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

www.creditdonkey.com...

Going by what they say in your link, that 460 thousand number is just the number of children who are reported as missing, not abducted... That would include kids who wandered off in the shopping centre, or teenagers who didn't come home when they were supposed too.

Then they say out of the "almost" 1500 confirmed abductions, nearly 1300 are by family members, which means its generally just a domestic dispute and not some big conspiracy to traffick kids.

Also, out of the 1500 confirmed abductions, only about 200 are by non-family members and in 90% of those 200 abduction cases, the child makes it home safely.

Basically, I think it's a little hysterical and irrational to believe there's some professional child trafficker waiting around every corner to snatch someone's kid up... when in reality, a genuine kidnapping where the perpetrator intends to harm the child is obviously incredibly rare.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

when in reality, a genuine kidnapping where the perpetrator intends to harm the child is obviously incredibly rare.

You believe what you want, that is exactly what they want you to believe.
I myself have almost been abducted TWICE. Once was a very young age and very stereotypical, man needing help looking for a puppy. The second he saw my mom he took off like a bat out of hell.

The stats say one thing, but i'm sure there are thousands and thousands not reported.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.creditdonkey.com...

What they left out is most of those kidnappings are also by family members...

I think in the past that was very true, divorce, separation etc. I think things are changing.

Now we are dealing with drug users that will do anything,... anything for that next hit.
We have human traffickers that have said that kids are more valuable than any drugs.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

when in reality, a genuine kidnapping where the perpetrator intends to harm the child is obviously incredibly rare.

You believe what you want, that is exactly what they want you to believe.

Who's "they"?

Look... I'm not saying it never happens. But to go so far as to speculate that some professional child trafficking ring might be hiring teenage girls to kidnap kids, who has an elaborate cover story to fool the police, incase she gets caught.... well, that imo is just a little bit beyond rational.

... just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nah, not new, this stuff's been around forever. I recall one classmate in elementary in FL that someone tried to grab from the mall at Christmas, from the line waiting to see Santa, no less, while her mom used the bathroom. Either it made local news (probably did) or her parents notified the school, because the school loaded us into the auditorium & gave us the "stranger danger" speech after that one.

The creeps under the bridges trying to lure kids/teens have also been around forever. Happened to me and a friend of mine in rural FL in the 90's walking over a bridge -- pervy perv who pervs sees my friend, who was model-level stunning, and immediately tries to lure her under the bridge for a "photo shoot" because "his model bailed".
Man, I saw right through that s#, but she was a f#g moron & lapped it right up. It took a lot of sly backing up and nudging her along to keep distance, and eventual convincing to even leave (like I said, f#g moron) but we did get out of there without issue.
I definitely tattle-taled to her mom when we got home, and her mom's piercing look of, "you goddamn dumbass" was priceless. Her mom grounded her purely because of being so gullible for 2 months afterward, lmfao. My friend was far from happy with me, but a few weeks later, the po-po found a missing girl dead in the woods near that bridge. She wasn't so pissed at me after that.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Wow!

I live in the area and have season tix..
I didn't even hear of this

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I recently read a story, where a mother and father lost sight of their girl (3 or 4 I think) for a very short period of time and then couldn't find her.

They asked the staff for help and the staff told them to go to the entrance/exit and watch for their child's FACE.
Not hair or clothes or shoes, but only her face.
The father thankfully spotted the girl, in boys clothing and a shaved head.
Terrifying.
Apparently, someone grabbed her, took her to the bathroom, changed her clothes and shaved her head to try and pass her off as a boy.

I have no idea if this story is true or not, but the people who wrote it claim it happened to their close friends.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I had a woman try to take my son out of his stroller at a Walmart 17 years ago.

She didn’t see me holding the handles because a pole was blocking me from her view.

I loudly asked her what she was doing, and she took off running. I chased her but lost her due to not being able to go fast enough with a stroller.

After that, I never left his side, put him in karate classes; and I went on every field trip except 1 (which I literally prayed the whole day). I also always carried a weapon after that.

He’s older now and protects me 💙

Anyone who would kidnap and hurt children are monsters and should be shot!

new topics

top topics

join