It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ascend master, you fool!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I like that operation mindcrime. Personally I see Immortality as far more intimidating than an ending existence. Hope this little droplet returns soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: glend

Does a drop of water cease to exist when it reaches the ocean?

Peace

Hi MC.
Was the drop of water ever not a part of the ocean?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Peace

Hi MC.

It was lost without the ocean.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Peace

Hi MC.

It was lost without the ocean.

Hi OOB.
Like your comment very much: because it suggests ideas, yet leaves things very open.
Sort of makes sense for both believers, and non-believers.
Good call!

From the sheep that has lost it's flock, to the egotistical person whom believes themselves an island.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I like that operation mindcrime. Personally I see Immortality as far more intimidating than an ending existence. Hope this little droplet returns soon.

My wonderful little droplet: you have never been alone!

Let the idea of separation melt away, like worries on a lazy summer afternoon.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I am not concerned with being alone, I am just getting tired of battling my craving self, its like the energizer bunny, that never stops. The only reprieve I have experienced is from undertaking deep meditation over a three month period. I was able to reign in the roar of the minds thoughts that badgered my consciousness. Allowing the more quintessential thoughts of the whole to be heard.

I need to return back to that state. Start meditating more seriously.

Thanks for your kindness

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think of it in Jungian terms, archetypes etc
Are we are a product of this unconscious or vice versa.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sometimes it's not about doing things, it's about looking at things a different way.

My ego is very clever, and always here.
When the question of 'ego-death- came-around: it begged and pleaded to survive, LoL.
So here it is! Tried to turn it into an ally, instead of an enemy.
Even let it out to play sometimes.

Have taken to treating it a bit like a cat.
Giving it compliments, and telling it how magnificent it is.
All the while installing borders, to keep it away from areas that am not wanting it to be.
So: sorta kinda mostly contained, but still allowed to play.

Who knows? Perhaps it is the ego in charge, and the 'spirit' that is allowed to play! LoL !

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Don't have the answer to that question.
What might Jung answer?

From the Jungian point-of-view: does discussing, and seeking distinctions of the 'unconscious realm': draw it into the 'ego realm' ?

For me: this that is: just is.
Everything else is: imagination; stories; dream-interpretation; ideas; beliefs; concepts; etc...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm currently just trying to keep my focus in the now as much as possible. Which suspect bores the brain so it constantly tries to return focus to past or future tense so it can play within those dream states. I suspect I will have to be bit more patient with myself. Give it more time to work.

Installing borders is interesting concept. I will have to give that more thought.

Thanks Nothin.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I love where the discussion went. Thank you people!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Many people consider the ego as antithesis to spiritual growth. I think this is utterly wrong.

Only when I established a harmonic relationship between the Three voices, 2 in my head and the one in the heart, i myself found harmony. They all are right from their point of view. when i consider all three and manage to express a new idea i can move on!

Whenever we find ourselves trapped in duality it's important to First find balance and Then harmony.

The third point which is the center keeping balance while in duality has to become a conscious observer, in order to form a harmonic prism!

I had many situations during meditation where i could see kind of a book which represented me with the experiences and conclusions i had in this life. Page per page would get teared out till there was only the cover left, and i was about to throw this as well but couldn't! I'm not tearing anything out anymore, it's just a book i can go and read what i need to recall. It is also usefull for navigation and orientation, it can store maps to the world's within.

The only time the ego death happend was when using Psylocibin, it just melted away everything i was. And this beeing of pure light emerged. This was in a controlled set and setting during a shamanic healing ceremony. What i realized there is that most of the people where struggling with dualities still and had rather unpleasant experience. The feeling was great but as a part of me was missing i couldn't really bring anything back, that would tie tings together. Just a feeling that would confirm things i already knew. But nothing new!

Im rambling sorry i don't have the right flow atm.

But this thread is VERY important, thank you all for being!

NC
edit on 10/7/2019 by NoClue because: their there they're

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Am gonna have to agree with you, because: my ego made me do it! LoL!

Your recount of the dream: ripping pages out of a book; was somehow poignant. Thanks for sharing.

The flow: is the flow, no?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The flow is the flow!?!?

the capability to shut your mind and let your self drift all the while still recording, extracting ideas and bringing them into useful abstractions. Is what wasn't completely working...

Take the flow and paint it the way you want! Like that it becomes your flow!

NC

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

'Twas a play on the old: "This that is: just is".

Are we not in duality, if we wish to resist 'this that is', (this 'flow'), and hope or wish for some other 'this that is' (some other desired 'flow') ?

For me: this is an angle that we haven't discussed here: resistance.
Not accepting 'this that just is'.

Totally get what you meant though: about perhaps being in different moods, and having a different feel while expressing our ideas.
Sitting in the flow with a toothache: would probably hope for a flow without it.
The darn nasty toothache has dragged us out of our bliss, and into duality!

Don't so many other things do similar?
Physical sensations; interacting with the physical world (things and stuff); ego; etc...

Was chatting with a wise friend, about acceptance, non-resistance, of the here and now.
They described it as merely dancing-along smoothly with the music of the Universe, (we might even call it the flow).
So asked them: what if the music changes?
"Just change the dance", was the simple, yet brilliant answer.

Your last comment seems to match really well with my comments, resonates.
That's always fun! LoL!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok it is as it is! No effort needed. free of resistance just flow along.

Still a couple of questions for me!

Who plays the beat?

Is it as i would imagine harmony?

How do we move from creature to creator?

NC

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Nobody. If it is: it just is.
But sometimes it's merely metaphors, to attempt to put into words, that which is beyond words.

Even the sweetest harmonies, those musical performances where the total, is greater than the sum of the parts: might still be viewed as duality.
Not even unison, so whatever you do: don't think about Céline Dion... LoL !
Instead of music: maybe view it more as just the flow, if that fits better for you, as you expressed earlier.

How do we move from creature to creator?

Oh my!
Could you please try to explain that, or elaborate, or use different terms, or break it down? Sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Oh my!
Could you please try to explain that, or elaborate, or use different terms, or break it down? Sorry.

I will !
we are closing in, on the subject!
It's nice to see so many philosophy threads opening, and the right questions are being asked.

NC

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The toothache has not dragged anyone into duality....
Duality is toothache plus you who can be dragged.

There is just toothache......the idea that there is toothache and a you who has toothache is duality.

Where is this you that has anything?

Everything is simply just happening but not to anyone.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom.

You own nothing because you are not!!
There is only ever what is happening.... nothing is hapoening to or being done by anyone...... It is a movie that just appears as whatever is happening.

It is perfect just as it is..... and could be no different.

This is freedom for no one.
edit on 12-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It's not freedom at all it's just the last effort so you don't start to think you could actually change anything!!!

It's quite funny to see the ripples once you close in on the last strongholds of religion!!!

Just stop talking and worry, there is nothing you can do, it's all Daddy's will!
shutup and dance!

Almost there!

Honestly No Clue
edit on 12/7/2019 by NoClue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join