It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha Stewart Released From Prison (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Martha Stewart was released from prison shortly after midnight EST, Friday, February 3rd, after a five month stint in a minimum -ecurity Federal Prison. A statement was read by prison officials, and shortly thereafter, the Stewart motorcade departed amid a flurry of reporters, off to a nearby airport and an awaiting private jet.

story.news.yahoo.com
A sport utility vehicle carrying Stewart drove through the prison gate past reporters and about 15 fans without stopping. About a 1/2 mile from the prison a cardboard sign said, "Goodbye Martha. From fans and friends in Alderson, W.Va."

"I don't care about any of her stuff at Kmart or her flowers, I just think she's hot for her age," said Bennett, 43, of nearby Ronceverte.

Stewart, 63, had 72 hours after leaving Alderson to report to corrections officials in New York to be fitted with an electronic ankle bracelet so her movements can be monitored.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It was amazing to see the media discussion on MSNBC about this- they had a panel of lawyers discussing her five month house-arrest, appeals, etc. The statement issued offered no insight into her stay, only her departure time, and then further information on the prison. There's no doubt in my mind that Martha is saving the prison details for a book, or Barbara Walters interview.

Stewart's motorcade drove her to an awaiting private jet at a nearby airport.

I see this prison stint helping her career for year, almost in the same way Donald Trump's has revived since bankruptcy proceedings some years ago.

Related News Links:
money.cnn.com

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Bobbo]

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Bobbo]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Only one year? Surely you jest!

She already has plans to start her own TV show based on the Apprentice, new furniture lines, KMart has now merged with Sears which in effect will do nothing more then jump start her carrer all over.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only thing i want to sayabout this is that I voted 'no' to make it a news article because for christs sake, as if anyone is not aware of this already, as if it deserves to be a news article here.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I heard Martha Steward lost heap loads of weight during her short stay at the crowbar motel!..

No joke

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I trying to figure out why this is relevant information.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is an important Business News story. Stewart was indicted for insider trading, was acquitted of that charge and convicted for lying to authorities. Her company stock fell in the early days of the trial, but while she was in prison her stock has increased in value and she already had several projects in the works, including a reality show a la "The Apprentice."

As someone noted, she has lost weight. Some report that because of her stock value she is richer than when she went to prison and will quite likely re-establish her reputation through her beginning her sentence early, being a model prisoner, and surviving a corporate scandal that could have destroyed her business. It would seem that Stewart has taken lemons and made lemonade.

There is much that is important about this news, but it will not warrant close scrutiny, as she will back to business as usual, very shortly.

[edit on 05/3/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Fitted for an ankle bracelet? What a joke. The crime she was convicted of has nothing to do with her whereabouts or movements, all she needed was a telphone.

I am not a fan of Martha myself, but honestly, she is not a danger to anyone running around unattended. This one defies logic.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Martha's Prison Tattoos:

cagle.slate.msn.com...

[edit on 05/3/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's still not important to me at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hand made from products made available to the Domestic Goddess.

Order your own pair today while supplies last!

Just $599.99 plus $62.50 S&H

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well this ATSNN thread is now plain stupid.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
sanc. This story is not upgraded yet.. its not really in ATSNN yet... and really it is kinda silly you know.. Martha Stewart?

Well at least she was busy in in prison

Note: if this story is ever upgraded all of these posts will be gone!!

I think

[edit on 6-3-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Fair enough.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ouch...UM_Gazz you so inelegant!

poor girl

new topics

top topics