It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Examples of Irreducible Complexity - Evolution Impossible

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I see. I suppose the bit about RNA was a distraction then.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No it’s specific to the problem

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The problem which concerns an element which is not known to exist.

Got it.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

He can answer the question based on what is known beyond the 7th table...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you know which theory is involved for answering this?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He can answer the question based on what is known beyond the 7th table...

7th table?
Do you mean the 7th period of the periodic table?

Do you know which theory is involved for answering this?
Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about and I doubt you do either.

edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Neighbour, you really are talking about physics not chemistry with that question. Generally Chemistry deals with chemical interactions between substances, and Physics with those inside them.

But ok, really> You want to talk about atomic physics. Sure why not. But first ask a question.

At approximately element 173 it becomes almost impossible based on its sequence and environment to predict the tertiary secondary and quaternary structure of a polyribonucleic acid sequence? is a statement, thus the question mark is is not needed. Unless you are not sure of what you just said? You then shoe horn in something about RNA. No citation.

So you most certainly not asking what the element is. It is nothing, its a hypertheoretical element. We've not made, gotten close to making, and most likely will never make. We don't know. Ohg and you did not really read the wiki you were posting in. Because other predictions (its all theory till we get there, if we get there) say z=128 or 15 5may be the end of the periodic table, and others say it will keep going. So WHICH model are you using for Z=173, and what does that mean about electron configurations?

So this is not basic Chemistry or Biochemistry or Physics. It is theoretical. Cite me the source, and I will talk to it. Unlike Coop not really answering bog standard mechanistic Organic chemistry basics, this is specific. But like I said, show me the source, I may comment. Oh and it will be 200% theorietical, so don't pretend otherwise.

You then for some reason decided to talk about Nucleic acid structures. Which any biochemist can talk too.

Primary structure is the actual linear sequence of the nucleotides. So AGCCCGA for example.

Secondary structure is basep airing interactions. Its essentially hydrogen bonding. Though DNA and RNA are different, due to the extra hydroxyl group in the ribose sugar. That is chemistry. Its non convalent (and weak) bonding.

Tertiary structure is how the chain of nucleic acids fold in space (a 3D map).

Quarternary structure is interactions between the nucleic acids and the nucleic acids and proteins.

This is all very similar to the same ideas for other macromolecues, like oh Proteins.

So can you phrase your question clearly?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

He should know the answer to that also...
No more clues...
I’ll let you know if you guess which theory is involved though...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Don't expect him to know what he's talking about. He's also reading a Wikipedia most likely. HE does not know the difference between atomic theory (Physics) and chemical bonding (Chemistry).

A smart person would have asked what chemical group would Z=173 fall into, and why. Oh and if it would be more ore less reactive than the known members of that family. But no, he does not understand what an electronic subshell is. Or how Alkali metals are supposed to react.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Neighbour, you don't understand science at all do you? You don't know what basic chemistry is vs esoteric atomic Physics is.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

No because you failed to answer basic questions instead you rambled on about the information that was given to you to answer the question...
You can’t find my question by googling for the answer unless you knew what I asked...
It was a problem specific to RNA folding...
The electrons are travelling faster than the speed of light...
And the theory is relativity...
Guess you couldn’t answer my question...
But pretended to know what I asked you...
edit on 11-8-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The electrons are travelling faster than the speed of light...

Sure they are.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Any atom over 137 would require its 1s electron to be travelling faster than the speed of light...
This is relativistic quantum chemistry dealing with atomic orbitals...
You are dead wrong to presume that the speed of light is no exceeded...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Any atom over 137 would require its 1s electron to be travelling faster than the speed of light...

Dr. Feynman was very smart, but he wasn't always right.

edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

First you did not ask any basic question about z=173 (Unsepttrium)

viz

Can you answer this question? At approximately element 173 it becomes almost impossible based on its sequence and environment to predict the tertiary secondary and quaternary structure of a polyribonucleic acid sequence? What RNA process is this question dealing with? What are the electrons doing that makes this prediction a problem?

The so called question on Unsepttrium is a statement.

Your next question is a non sequitur. I did however talk about all the structures of nucleic acids. Thats not rambling. You might see it to be so, but you don't actually understand what you are asking

As evidenced by the comment on electrons travelling faster than the speed of light. Cite where you got that from, otherwise its not real.

Now either you don't know, or perhaps you are not stating the fact that we are not talking about the speed of light in a vacuum (as far as we know the speed limit for reality).

But through a medium.

NO particle can move faster than the speed of light in a vacuum but they can move faster than a photon does in a material, its not the same thing as the speed of light in a vacuum.

n is the refractive index for a material.

n = (speed of light in vaccum)/speed of light in the medium.

So lets pick on water. We have that, lots of it, and its not theoretical unlike Unsepttrium.

The refractive index of water wrt air is 1.33.
Rearraging to solve the speed of light in water one gets 2.25x198 m/s. Thus yes in water, electrons do move faster than light, but again that is IN WATER not a vacuum.

That is important to state.

But unless you cite why this is all important, its a non sequitur.

Science works by you stating the facts, and providing the evidence.

My asking Coop about very basic Mechanistic chemsitry is applicable to DNA and RNA. How do you think bonds are broken or formed?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Do you know what a 1s electron is? What shape is the 1 s shell?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Why did you give phage a star for doubting the speed of light being exceeded?
How many times did you pm phage to get involved for clues so you could search for the answer?
Why didn’t you know that the question was about RNA folding?
Why didn’t you know what the electron was doing?
And why is this a problem for the prediction?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Are you sure I have him a star?

Feel free to ask Phage, but I can't remember when I last communicated with him, if at all everl. Outside of replying to a post, or he one of mine,

I gave you all my answers myself. Unlike you, I know how to science
You do not.

You have still yet to RE FRAME the question, so its a question. When you do that I will have a look. Oh and You asked about two different things, you asked about RNA folding, and Nucleic acid folding.

Clearly you did not understand what I wrote.

So reframe the question. Ask it in an intelligible manner. Because you put down things that were not questions.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

I guess right now you are looking for something you can't find, eh?

You so funny.
Hmmmmmmm?
edit on 11-8-2019 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So you can’t answer why it’s a problem for the prediction then,...
the rest of your information you provided conveniently by you searching for information after I provided the answers...but you still have not said anything about why it’s a problem for the prediction and I’m not providing the answer...

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join