It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Examples of Irreducible Complexity - Evolution Impossible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

what about the leg bones in whales? i understand their pelvis is not vestigial but those little unconnected bones?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: cooperton

Well I disagree with your "proof"
Tonsils,
Appendix,
Wisdom teeth, did you know today that 1 in 4 people are born without at least 1 wisdom tooth?

Dinosaurs...

The idea that some all knowing omnipotent being snapped his fingers is even more ridiculous.
Who created god?
He couldn't have just existed.

The sooner the world gives up all the fantasies of religion the better off we will be.

Oh gosh that’s so dumb
A lack of wisdom teeth is not proof of evolution, you have less teeth, less power to chew, less jaw strength
How is that good

Who created God, who created your lack of intelligence, please think before posting

Tonsils, stops infection in the heart, google search it
Appendix, first line of defence against virus
Have you done any real research into vestigial organs, they don’t exist, it’s a lie for dummies

So disappointed in what people believe because they have never put in any effort to understand what they don’t believe
I was once an evolutionist, not that stupid anymore, not stupid enough to believe in vestigial organs

Yes it is... evolution doesn't just mean adding, it can take away as well...

If you aren't using something, then that feature will eventually go away.... on the flip side, if you have something that is advantageous and using it, that feature will proliferate.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

not being obtuse but can you explain intelligent design in a better way?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
a reply to: Bluntone22

With all due respect, the sooner people stop simplifying intelligent design in order to disprove it the better. People hear "intelligent design" and can't comprehend anything other than a robed man in the sky creating everything in a matter of days.

Help me understand, are you positing that every single species on the planet was created exactly as it is today and there is no evolution / adaption that occurs over millions and billions of years?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aryabhata

what about the leg bones in whales? i understand their pelvis is not vestigial but those little unconnected bones?

Without those “leg” bones a whale couldn’t poop or give birth
I am so stunned by the...
Please don’t believe the lies you are told
Please go and research what you are told
I am sick of repeating myself every evolution thread because people just like you believe lies and think pelvic bones for giving birth and pooping are useless leg bones when science, real science, not evolutionary science shows they are extremely important and NOT vestigial organs

Anyway, happy to set you straight, any other questions please just ask
You have been lied to

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

source i read said those bones are for penis control, even though we've never seen them procreate.
on a side note, Why act like that? Do you react that way to anyone who questions or differs from your beliefs that way? or just when they can not look you in the eye?
www.icr.org...
edit on 9-7-2019 by Aryabhata because: added source i disagree with

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Tonsils,
Appendix,
Wisdom teeth, did you know today that 1 in 4 people are born without at least 1 wisdom tooth?

Dinosaurs...

The idea that some all knowing omnipotent being snapped his fingers is even more ridiculous.
Who created god?

The sooner the world gives up all the fantasies of religion the better off we will be.

Oh gosh that’s so dumb
A lack of wisdom teeth is not proof of evolution, you have less teeth, less power to chew, less jaw strength
How is that good

Who created God, who created your lack of intelligence, please think before posting

Tonsils, stops infection in the heart, google search it
Appendix, first line of defence against virus
Have you done any real research into vestigial organs, they don’t exist, it’s a lie for dummies

So disappointed in what people believe because they have never put in any effort to understand what they don’t believe
I was once an evolutionist, not that stupid anymore, not stupid enough to believe in vestigial organs

You insult my intelligence multiple times so why would I bother talking to you?
I guess next time I'll question the intelligence of people that believe in virgin birth and Noah's arc.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

With all due respect, the sooner people stop simplifying intelligent design in order to disprove it the better. People hear "intelligent design" and can't comprehend anything other than a robed man in the sky creating everything in a matter of days.

I've considered many different ideas about the origin of life.
But you seriously cant deny that there are multiple millions of people that believe in a robed dude in sandals creating everything in six days.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The cool theory these days is the simulation theory which by default needs a creator.

Nice thread btw.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The argument for irreducible complexity relies on the instantaneous generation and combination of a creature's physical features as we know them today.

It does not take into account the slow changes, over millennia, to plants, animals, insects, bacteria, etc. More than 99% of all creatures that ever existed are now extinct; that should help make things pretty clear.

"These infernal pests have a most devious little syringe used to suck blood from its victims."

If I had the ability to intelligently design an infernal pest that victimized other animals, I think I'd draw a line through it on my list and perhaps get back to working on a koala or other non-infernal-pest-type of creature.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just to add to the discussion. Here is an interesting article about peppered moths, the article is a quick read:

www.smithsonianmag.com...

New Evidence Shows Peppered Moths Changed Color in Sync With the Industrial Revolution

Scientists used “jumping genes” as a time machine to track down changes in moths’ appearance

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Great post!

A natural interpretation of evolution is a fantasy!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This might shock you but I am not coming from a base of scientific naturalism, you are.
Of course virgin birth, Noah’s ark and creation are supernatural, I readily admit that and acknowledge my beliefs are not normal

I insult your intelligence?
I don’t have to, you do that without my help

So you don’t acknowledge anything supernatural, you have answers for everything or think we will find them?

You want to show your intelligence, show us empirical evidence
Stop attacking people’s faith and show why evolution is a fact
I can’t argue the science if it’s balid
edit on 9-7-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aryabhata

My apologies, this argument has been done to death, I hear the same old statements over and over and over, so many people all the time get involved in this discussion thinking they know everything and don’t really know much and it tests my patience

I am sorry, my apologies
Thanks for pulling me up

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No problem, and i belive we do not know for sure one way or the other and although i disagree with you, i love to hear your opinion (and anyones contrary or alike). I am not as well versed ,as i would like, in any subject and only want to grow as a person. I am extremely interested in your particular theory of creation not to debate, but to learn and understand.
edit on 9-7-2019 by Aryabhata because: clarification

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Well if you want, let me explode the internet
Probably the best teacher is Kent Hovind, google

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

1. The Skunk Spray, I could easily see how the first "skunk" just farted regular farts

Even farting is irreducibly complex. You need sensory nerves to detect when the intestines are bloated with gas, and then you need another neural highway from that to the muscles that would allow you to eject the fart. Even with those neural circuits in play, there also needs to be cognitive input, so you don't fart on a date or on an elevator, therefore giving you full control if you don't want to fart in a particular scenario. So how would this have happened by random mutations? Could random chance wire the electricity in my house?

Tonsils,
Appendix,

Not all components of human anatomy are vital. But like a car, you can take away the rear view mirror, the power windows, and the truck latch, and it will still work, it just won't be as functional. Whereas some components are absolutely vital, such as the engine, battery, etc.

Dinosaurs...

A common response to evolution being demonstrably wrong in one area, is to bring up another area that apparently proves it to be correct. This is not the case with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs definitely lived contemporary with humans. I gathered a good amount of evidence in this thread:

evidence for the co-existence of humans and dinosaurs

Every night in my dreams I snap up a vast dream world pretty easily. Imagine a being that had full control of such potential.

Who created god?

We are obsessed with beginnings and ends, because we are limited by time. A being unlimited by time would have no beginning or end, and would have never not existed. Plato did a pretty cool logical proof to demonstrate this.

Blind religion can be bad. To know God is good.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My apologies, this argument has been done to death, I hear the same old statements over and over and over, so many people all the time get involved in this discussion thinking they know everything and don’t really know much and it tests my patience

I am sorry, my apologies
Thanks for pulling me up

originally posted by: Aryabhata

No problem, and i belive we do not know for sure one way or the other and although i disagree with you, i love to hear your opinion (and anyones contrary or alike). I am not as well versed ,as i would like, in any subject and only want to grow as a person. I am extremely interested in your particular theory of creation not to debate, but to learn and understand.

^^^This is what it's all about

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
So, if we can find examples of functions that rely on other functions, organs that relies on another organs, cells that rely on other cells, etc, then we can demonstrate clearly that evolutionary theory is invalid. The examples I am about to show are some of the countless mechanisms in biological organisms that fall under this category called "irreducibly complex".

WRONG. Finding functions that rely on other functions doesn't prove anything about irreducible complexity, I can't believe you are making this SAME invalid fallacious argument AGAIN. You need to PROVE beyond the shadow of a doubt that something could absolutely not have evolved incrementally. A modern organism being reliant on other functions that exist today, just means it could have evolved to be reliant on those functions over time. Irreducible complexity is 100% speculation which has nothing to do with the origin of life OR evolution.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This is the same old crap you've posted for years. Where are the research papers that validate your position? Where are the experiments? Where is the data?

This is simply your opinion and poor analysis. Nothing else. You started with your conclusion and then worked backwards to optimize the data so that it appears to support your position. Well it does not.

Post the research that supports your position. If you don't have it, it's probably because it doesn't exist.

Your opinions are your opinions - and that's all they are. Stop trying to convince everyone that you know what the hell you're doing. Because you don't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join