It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody know of a online blog, channel or podcast that features a future tech every week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I watch Isaac Arthur every Thursday and he covers many sci-fi ideas and technologies, but he is very broad. John Michael Godier is also good but he has a very infrequent posting schedule for videos. What.If on Facebook postulates a hypothetical scenario every 2 days or so but a lot of is never technology. The Science to Technology channel has an episode every Friday called Future Friday, but most of the stuff he covers is emerging technology. I'm looking for something that postulates unique sci-fi technology/inventions/ideas every few days or every week. Does anybody know of a blog/site/channel that does that. Extremely amateur sites are VERY welcome e.g. BlogSpot. It just has to be consistent and ongoing.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Maximum

Hmmm. There is Level1techs on youtube and thats 1 to 3 computer nerds that go through the tech weekly news (covering robots, government stuff ups, computer viruses, security, programming, FTC, etc.. Occasionally they will talk about how certain decisions will lead to future problems etc. Wendell the big guy is incredibly knowledgeable in I.T so if you like that side of things its enjoyable. They normally do about three 45min - 1hr episodes a week. Not quite what your after but might be of interest?

edit on 9-7-2019 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

These two websites may be what you are looking for:

www.sciencedaily.com...

and

revolution-green.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
science friday on NPR is usually good.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Does anybody have any other suggestions? Not emerging tech. More science fiction.
edit on 4-8-2019 by Maximum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Good science fiction is hard to find anymore. At least, the space opera type. I too would like advice.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nope, the golden age of that sort of stuff was when magazines existed after WW2 and before the Moon Landing

Popular Science/ Popular Mechanics... OMNI magazine...wired....

all seem to have vanished as the Core Cirriculum Education program took over in public schools

the best I can suggest is:

The 10 Most Fascinating (And Terrifying) Fringe Sciences
allthatsinteresting.com...

Jul 25, 2014 · Fringe Sciences: Unlocking the full potential of the human brain. This branch of fringe science stems from the hypothesis that the human brain is infinitely capable, but certain social and physical factors prohibit us from reaching our full potential.
Author: All That's Interesting

Fringe Science - Exploring the Bounderies of Research
explorable.com...

Fringe scientists are usually starved of funding, so researchers have the image of the 'eccentric scientist' working away in his shed. Chaos theory operated at the fringe of accepted physics, using computers and technology begged, borrowed or stolen from other departments.
Fringe science - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

Fringe science is an inquiry in an established field of study which departs significantly from mainstream theories in that field and is considered to be questionable by the mainstream. Fringe science may be either a questionable application of a scientific approach to a field of study or an approach whose status as scientific is widely questioned.

From Search Engine resource

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

top topics

join