It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Askren KOed in 5 Seconds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
After watching the Ben Askren vs Mazvidal MMA fight I gained a new respect for Bass Ruten and his Temple Slapping.

To my eye.….Mazvidal got lucky...he is getting credit but he got lucky and he knows it....IMHO a rematch is going to be a bloodbath because I believe Askren will rip his apart piece by bloody piece......when I say Mazvidal got lucky it comes from a Lifetime of Streetfighting experience and some strange Qi Gong impressionist learning....Mazvidal MISSED HIS FLYING KNEE BECAUSE Askren did the RIGHT THING by shooting to the proper side and forcing the knee to miss...….Askrens reactions were perfect....Mazvidal did NOT BAIT HIM INTO ANYTHING....it was prime weapon against prime weapon and BEN ASKREN WON THE INITIAL ENGAGEMENT FROM A TACTICAL STAND[POINT...HANDS DOWN.....Bens preparation trumped Mazvidals preperations…..the Flying knee missed....both guys knew what the other was considering...the only surprise was the FLUKE KNOCKOUT that occurred....because....Mazvidals followup knee that the PUNK ARSE MOUTHPIECE was trying squeeze through Ben so he didn't go hass over tea-kettle straight over Bens body CAUGHT BEN ON THE TEMPLE WITH A FLUKE GRAZING BLOW.....it was a BLOODY FLUKE......Mazvidal threw his right knee and he missed because Ben reacted properly to the amature move of bullrushing into a flying knee.....Mazvidals floowthrough dragged his free knee across Ben Askrens Temple BY FLUKE and he was knocked out by that action....that UNINTENDED BY PRODUCT OF A COMPLETELY MISSED FLYING KNEE.

IMHO ANYONE WHO TELLS THE STORY DIFFERENTLY IS FULL OF SPIT...it is exactly what we all see....I was under the impression that MMA fighters and their Coaches would be much much more educated and astute when it comes to Post-Fight Analysis.....it is freaking embarrassment to listen to all the fighters and Pros discussing this as if Mazvidal had planned to do this and as if he had executed some great gameplan to set a UFC record....its all BUPKISS....it was a FLUKE FOLLOWTHROUGH KNNES COINCIDENTAL CONTACT THAT CATALYSED THE KNOCKOUT....mAZVIDAL CON-JOB LIEING cAMP IMMEDIATLY RELEASED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF HIM PRACTICING THE fLYING KNEE pRE-fIGHT...AND WHEN I SAW mAZVIDAL QUESTIONED ABOUT IT HIS VOICE OUTED HIM HIS OWN VOICE CHANGED OCTAVES AND WHEN HE DISCUSSED HIS PRACTICING OF THE fLYING kNEE HE detracted slightly from the topic of iut being a rock solid pre-game plan....imho ….. THIS WAS BECAUSE he knows in his guts hios floowthrough knee unintentionally caught Ben Askrens Temple......mAZVIDAL KNEW IT RIGHT AWAY AND HE ….ALLOWED EVERYONE...TO BECOME FOOLS AND CARRY ON AS IF HE HAD PLANNED EVERYTHING....THATS GOING TO SIT IN mAZVIDALS GUT....HE CANNOT GET IT OUT NBOW.....LOL....AND WHEN bEN aSKREN SHAKES THE CLOUDS FROM HIS MIND AND WATCHES THE REPLAYS MOREW HE WILL ANALYSE EVERYTHING LIKE I AM DOING AND HE WILL not be shellshocked anymore....he will understand the mechanics as they played out vs his tactics he was thinking about he will understand he did not crap the bed and make a mistake....Mazvidal got lucky....and Nebs Nap was simply collateral damage from a MISSED FLYING KNEE.

ftw.usatoday.com...

Listen to the crap in the below link....LMAO..."a hellaceous knee that landed square".... this freaking guy must be as blind as everyone else who is missing the boat entirely on this one.....that COWARD MAZVIDAL SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE TURTH BY NOW....and I hope when Ben gets him back in the Octagon he punishes his lieing hass like we have never seen before.....MAZVIDAL KNOWS WHAT I AM SAYING AS BEN WILL WHEN HE REVIEWS THINGS.....hopefully Chael Sonnen can read this post and get on the bandwagon to straighten this out ASAP.

www.youtube.com...

This is the type of propaganda that misleads other Fans....and this fool is simply following the many fight Professionals who are incorrectly reading this fight....as a Streetfighter I have has accidental KOs from glancing unintentional blows to someones Temple...its strange but it is really not that rare....and you KNOW WHEN IT HAPPENS SOMETHING WAS WRONG ABOUT IT YOU KNOW YOU DIDNT PLAN IT....Mazvidal pained a big long YellowStripe down his own back...he is a spineless liar.....he KNOWS he was lucky.....and he is PRETENDING LIKE A DELUSIONAL CHILD that he did the right thing and finished a man with a flying knee that he REALLY MISSED COMPLETELY ON....what a putz coward and I hope like I said that Ben takes this Yellow-Backed COWARD for a long walk down a short path when they meet again.

Dana White is not Stand-Up......he should have corrected his personal take on the fights ending by now.....he can roll this into a HUGE MONEY FIGHT NOW....this is super contentious.....Mazvidal is a greaseball bad guy who is laying claim to an intentionally executed Flying-Knee KO that was a pure FLUKE...HE did not execute Askren NOPE IT WAS LIKE A FIGHTER WHO ONLY HAS A PUNCHERS CHANCE THAT MISSES HIS FIRST BIG RIGHTHAND BUT CATCHES or CLIPS HIS OPPONENTS TEMPLE WITH HIS ELBOW ON THE FOLLOWTHROUGH THEN CLAIMS HE NAILED HIM SQUARE JUST LIKE HE PLANNED....IT IS PITIFULL AND IT IS MISREPRESENTATIVE.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Mazvidal MISSED HIS FLYING KNEE BECAUSE Askren did the RIGHT THING by shooting to the proper side and forcing the knee to miss

Weird how he dropped so hard unconsciously from that missed knee...

ETA: You realize this isn't the first time he's started with a flying knee, and he practiced it before this fight, right?
edit on 8-7-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

ETAA: It wasn't his "free knee", you lead with one for power/momentum then bring up the actual strike. His practice knees show this perfectly.
edit on 8-7-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: one4all
Mazvidal MISSED HIS FLYING KNEE BECAUSE Askren did the RIGHT THING by shooting to the proper side and forcing the knee to miss

Weird how he dropped so hard unconsciously from that missed knee...

ETA: You realize this isn't the first time he's started with a flying knee, and he practiced it before this fight, right?

ETAA: It wasn't his "free knee", you lead with one for power/momentum then bring up the actual strike. His practice knees show this perfectly.

Yes,the moron missed his left sided flying knee and was pulling his free RIGHT knee up and forward to maintain his balance and momentum on his follow through....lots of guys have started with a Flying knee obviously....and yes he did start with a flying knee...but are you blind?....watch the replay...he MISSED HIS FLYING KNEE BECAUSE ASKREN MADE THE CORRECT READ AND SHOT ON HIM....I WAS A GROUND AND POUND STREET FIGHTER and I am telling you to re-asses the video and look for what I am saying because it is undeniable.....Mazvidal was only trying to put generic pressure on Askren early and Ben already had discussed exactly this pointing out how Mazvidal has recently run across the ring and kicked an opponent in the balls to exert this berserker type of pressure off the hop....I KNOW what he practised Pre-Fight lots of guys do that....I KNOW Mazvidal is an idiot by listening to him talking about his Trade...do you seriously think this arse-clown is the first guy to make a Pre-Fight plan to hit a Wrestler with a long one-dimensional historywith a Knee as he shoots?///….seriously?.....that video was coincidental ….yes the gameplan Mazvidal went with was immediate highspeed pressure in a generic sense spearheaded by a Flying -Knee HE DAM WELL KNEW ASKREN WAS EXPECTING....and Mazvidal DID NOT EXPECT HIS FLYING KNEE TO KNOCK ANYONE OUT....it was his method of taking momentum control … and EXACTLY AS I SAY Ben Askren slid his head over to his left to avoid the LEFT SIDED FLYING-KNEE that he very well knew was incoming....the entire first sequence was absolutelty no surpise to anyone at all....no one was taken by surpise...until Ben was KOed then BOTH MEN WERE SHOCKED AND AWED....neither guy expected that KO because it was collateral damage it was not a result of the intended blow whatsoever...this is CLEAR.

Mazvidals RIGHT KNEE GRAZES ASKRENS TEMPLE.....as a result of a FOLLOW-THROUGH on LEFT SIDE FLYING-KNEE MAZVIDAL THREW....defining the KO AS BEING ONE CAUSED BY collateral damage CAUSED BY THE RIGHT KNEE unintentionally EMANATING DYNAMICLY from a missed left side flying-knee.

Mazvidal goes from planted feet ...takes one setup stride to generate power then launches a perfect LEFT SIDE Flying-Knee at lightening speed obviously hail-mary style....as I said his main objective was high speed pressure to force Ben to shoot so as to not let Ben pick his own spot.....Mazvidal was simply trying to initiate momentum....Mazvidals LEFT KNEE filled the exact spot Askrens beanbag was in a millisecond before....he was looking to squarely plant that LEFT KNEE in Askrens face.....and he absolutely missed....and as we know fortune favors the bold....that is my final analysis on the fight ….lol...Fortune Favors the Bold.....had that RIGHT KNEE NOT CLIPPED BENS TEMPLE BY FLUKE NOT DESIGN....Mazvidal would have had his unreasonable momentum carry him right over Askren and given him a better scramblers chance of getting back to his feet.

Watch the video...lol...the reason Mazvidal immediately threw those last 2 punches was BECAUSE HE KNEW DAM WELL HIS KNEE HAD NOT CONNECTED AND HE HAD NOT FELT THE CLIP TO ASKRENS TEMPLE ...any fighter should know this by feel when they watch the video...he threw those 2 punches as humanly fast as he could ….had he felt the LEFT KNEE CONNECT AS HE HAD PLANNED he would have paused to survey his fine work....but like it or not the mouthpiece missed his knee and got lucky with a clip to the temple on his followthrough.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Not luck. It was a pretty good chance to take, if he is confident in his ground game to get back up if it fails.

But ya, there are videos of him practicing that very move a few days before the fight, his coaches told another fighter that he was going to open up with a flying knee. And after the fight I think it was Dustin Porier who posted that.

So ya, its not luck by a long shot.

Ben is a wrestler, its what he was going to do, his instinct is to duck in and grab a leg. And masvidal even said, if it does not work 3 things would have happened, he missed and they scramble with shots, he misses and get taken down and scrambles to get back up. Or it hits, and he gets KO'd or it hits and he gets rocked and leads to a KO's.

Anybody who is confident in there wrestling, would have done it. Anybody to scared to get taken down by Ben would have not done anything like that. Either way, not luck by a long shot.

And even if that did not work out. As long as masvidal can outscrable Ben he would have won on decision or knocked him out in the latter rounds. Or it would have been a wrestling match which he lost on points. I dont see Ben Askren submitting Masvidal not now a days, maybe a few years ago, or when he was just a pure street fighter, and I sure as hell I dont see Ben knocking him out. So the only way he would have won is by outwrestling him for all 3 rounds.

Oh ya, he was out cold stiff legged planking. Took him a while to get up, and likely did not know what happened till long after while he was in the backrooms and somebody told him or he watched the replays. You dont go stiff like that from a shot that misses.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Dude, you’re right on the money — don’t feed the troll as he/she hasn’t a clue.

Mike Brown, Masvidal’s coach at ATT, was on Ariel’s show today and said they drilled that knee “probably a hundred times”.

Dustin Poirier shared a screenshot, where Brown told him to expect a flying knee — 3 hours before the fight.

@OP: You have no idea what you’re talking about, per usual. It was a premeditated, perfectly executed flying knee that gave an undefeated fighter his first loss, while earning the fastest KO in UFC history.

Do you even train, bro?

ETA @OP: what in god’s name does Bas Rutten’s open-palm slaps have anything to do with anything?? Talk about going off the rails...but I’m sure you’ll try you damnedest to make sound sensible to your mental faculties.
edit on 8-7-2019 by Cravens because: ETA — OP is laughable uniformed

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Dude what are you talking about?

When you do a flying knee at somebody you dont just stick one knee out hoping to hit, thats garbage you see in videogames and movies.

Thats a half assed flying knee that your not sure would hit. People do it all the time, exactly for that reason, there not sure it will hit and hold back because there scared to get taken down.

The way masvidal did it, is how you do a flying knee. And it is not the first time he did it, I remember a few fights were he tried it, but they were half assed and easily expected. This one was not.

You charge in with both knees right to the face, if one misses the the other hits, or if both miss, then your still on top of him or grazed them enough and have the momentum to punch it out. You dont so much as try to hit him with a knee as tackle him knees first full force, because even the momentum and impact of it will benefit you position wise if you miss then if you do it half assed.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Oh ya, he was out cold stiff legged planking. Took him a while to get up, and likely did not know what happened till long after while he was in the backrooms and somebody told him or he watched the replays.

He said today on Ariel’s show that his first memory is in the hospital...yeah, he was sufficiently removed from his consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I know, I'm not even entertaining it anymore. The OP's lifelong experience in street fighting and "strange qi gong impressionist learning" was enough for me.

Also, I just kinda stop reading posts after so many all caps.

OP: You have no idea how momentum, striking, and fight strategy works. Was it a lucky knee? Maybe. But he trained for that specific opening strike. So not completely lucky either way. Did he land it? Most definitely. You're blind if you don't see that. Watch his pregame training. He does the exact same lead in with the left knee, strike with the right knee. It's called technique.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Dude what are you talking about?

When you do a flying knee at somebody you dont just stick one knee out hoping to hit, thats garbage you see in videogames and movies.

Thats a half assed flying knee that your not sure would hit. People do it all the time, exactly for that reason, there not sure it will hit and hold back because there scared to get taken down.

The way masvidal did it, is how you do a flying knee. And it is not the first time he did it, I remember a few fights were he tried it, but they were half assed and easily expected. This one was not.

You charge in with both knees right to the face, if one misses the the other hits, or if both miss, then your still on top of him or grazed them enough and have the momentum to punch it out. You dont so much as try to hit him with a knee as tackle him knees first full force, because even the momentum and impact of it will benefit you position wise if you miss then if you do it half assed.

Watch the video...for gods sakes....watch his feet...his footwork and get over the propaganda....he threw a Left Flying-Knee then brought his Right knee up in follow- through...you CANNOT CHARGE IN WITH BOTH KNEES UNLESS YOU FREAKING BUNNY-HOP....lol....come on ...if you have fought you already know this...that was NOT a majic double flying-knee....LOL...Mazvidal was going to fast ...he focused on his closing speed and throwing the LEFT KNEE in a fly-by focused opening move....had his LEFT KNEE CONNECTED the damages would have been worse.....what kills me is people who have never fought or been rocked who talk it up like we are here....the reason Ben was STARCHED LIKE THAT was because it was a Temple generated knockout...go watch some free videos and learn the different looks different types of knockouts cause...just look at the guys after they are hit at their bodily reactions....besides the video is CRYSTAL CLEAR AND SHOWS aSKRENS RIGHT tEMPLE BEING clipped...NOT hammered with any kind of clean shot...THE CLEAN SHOT WAS AIMED FOR THE CENTER OF BENS HEAD AND WAS EMANATING FROM THE left knee of mazvidal.

Mazvidal guessed Ben would go to his right with his head when he shot....and he threw a LEFT KNEE to meet Bens beanbag...Ben Guessed that the Flying knee was coming to his right side so he went to his LEFT...which was EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING TO DO WITH AN INCOMING KNEE BEING THROWN FROM THE OPPONENTS LEFT SIDE...….Mazvidal guessed wrong and Ben guessed right....but the follow through knee clipped Bens Temple and ended it all as we witnessed....no fighter anywhere can miss that Mazvidal was closing fast and hung out a delayed LEFT KNEE and followed through clipping the Temple with his floow-through leg....plain and simple......bark all you want about pre-fight planning...I never denied that...I am clearly saying that Mazvidals opening move failed....that he threw left FLYING- knee WHICH HE HAD PRACTISED like everyone going against Askren or a wresteler who shoots all the time....THAT THE LEFT FLYINGKNEE CLEARLY MISSED and that the follow-through of the right leg/knee clipped Askrens Temple which we clearly see in the video....had the initial LEFT SIDED Flying-Knee connected WITH bENS HAED THE RIGHT KNEE WOULD HAVE ENDED UP DRIVING ITSELF INTO bENS LEFT SHOULDER.....ANY FOOL CAN SEE mAZVIDAL WAS HAIL MARYING THAT left-sided flying knee AND TRYING TO GAIN MOMENTUM AND CONTROL BY UISING A MOVE AT SUCH HGH SPEED HE HIMSELF WAS OUT OF CONTROL.

Everyone WANTS the knockout to be as dramatic as the propaganda says but evidence says differently.

Yes the intention was to throw a LEFT SIDE FLYING KNEE and wether or not a right knee clipped Bens temple KOing him or not the Flying -Knee was what ended the fight.

But like it or not video doesn't lie.....watch Mazvidals feet and try to tell me he wasn't setting up on-the-fly instinctively for a LEFT SIDE Flying-Knee...Mazvidals focus was closing the distance with ultimate speed forcing Askren to pick a side and shoot....Mazvidal picked the lead knee on-the-fly......and he picked a LEFT SIDE FLYING KNEE WHICH HE COMPLETELY MISSED ON....he brought his right leg up and through as a FOLLOW-THROUGH to the launching of the LEFT FLYING -KNEE....clipping Askrens Temple in the process.

www.youtube.com...

Watch him training...he is NOT hanging his LEFT KNEE out there then dragging his right leg through late he is practicing a Fling-Knee from his RIGHT SIDE.....during the fight he closed distance so fast he had to guess his side according to what happened and he clearly hung his LEFT KNEE OUT as his point of contact then he brought his follow through leg up to get over Ben clipping him in the process.

edit on 8-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

People dont understand how not good a hit to the head like that can be. I dont watch MMA or fighing as I used to, 16 years ago used to be more into it. Now I watch it now and then. But I have seen people like Mark Hunt back in there day who used to block punches with there face, back in the day you could hit him with a baseball bat straight up in the head and he would keep coming.

But after that right hook by Melvin Manhoef he has never been the same and even before that he took some bombs in the ring and in the cage as well. Or take Andrei Arlovski, he never had the greatest chin, but now after all the knock outs he suffered a hard jab from anybody in the new up and coming heavyweight devision would floor them.

Once you get knocked out like that, its over, and you become more and more susceptible to being KOed. Simple as that, its why boxing is such a dangerous sport and you have more deaths in boxing and football then MMA, because concusions are the name of the game, were as in MMA you have many options in how you can handle a fight, but that just means you have many more ways you can lose a fight as well.

I actually like Ben Askren, but that whole looking for a fight and trashtalking only works on certain people, and on other it has the opposite effect. And if he gets back into the cage again. Everybody is going to be headhunting, its going to be an uproad battle from now on, and everybody he fights is probably going to just let it loose in there because if they can handle his wrestling long enough the KO is just that much more likely to happen.

But ya it does not remember he only starting to remember things when he was in the hospital, thats like what? Hours and hours away from when he got knocked out. Most people if they got hit like that wont even remember there name for a day or two.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Watch the video...for gods sakes....watch his feet...his footwork and get over the propaganda....he threw a Left Flying-Knee then brought his Right knee up in follow- through...you CANNOT CHARGE IN WITH BOTH KNEES UNLESS YOU FREAKING BUNNY-HOP....lol....come on

HUH! What propaganda?

Its how you do a flying knee if you can. Why are you surprised that it was the other knee that hit him and not the lead knee?

Do you only punch one punch at a time? Are you surprised that he had another knee behind the lead knee? What do you want him to do? Launch in the air with only one knee forward? Are you aware that if you launch at somebody's head its better to the odds are better that both knees are in the proximity?

Most especially how he did it. Like I said, it was more a tackle then what you generality see as flying knees. You know I once long time ago, watched a interview with a MMA fighter, back when it was still a new sport. And the reporters asked him what was his favorite technique.

You know what he said? The punch to the face.

You are confused if you believe that fighting is anything but what works as opposed to what you think works or looks pretty. Most often the stuff that looks pretty is not very effective, and the stuff that looks messy, is very effective.

What Masvidal did there was beautiful and very effective technique, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

And also if it went down like you say it did and he just clipped his temple with the back knee? If it was not a hard shot, do you think he would stiffen up like that? I mean his leg went stiff, and was stiff when he drooped. So even if it was just a clip shot...Does it matter?

And if Ben Askren did everything as he should have done? Then why was he playing bringing back planking? You think he was joking around? Maybe that was his strategy to stay on the ground stiff as a board while he gets hit in the face?

Masvidals move did not fail. Simply because he has two knees instead of one. Now if only you would have been in Bens corner to inform him of that fact, maybe he would have won the fight.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ok just watched that vid you linked. And yes, it went down exactly like he practiced in that vid. He came up flying with the left knee leading, then the right knee hit the pad.

In the Ben Askren fight, its the same exact thing only Ben ducked into his right knee as it was moving up, which lead it to more of an impact. He hit him with the same exact move he was practicing the day before, and even starting and going from the same side of the fence.

Rarely in a fight does something work out exactly like you do in practice. But this is a clear cut example of that.

edit on 12amTuesdayam092019f2amTue, 09 Jul 2019 00:36:45 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Ok just watched that vid you linked. And yes, it went down exactly like he practiced in that vid. He came up flying with the left knee leading, then the right knee hit the pad.

In the Ben Askren fight, its the same exact thing only Ben ducked into his right knee as it was moving up, which lead it to more of an impact. He hit him with the same exact move he was practicing the day before, and even starting and going from the same side of the fence.

Rarely in a fight does something work out exactly like you do in practice. But this is a clear cut example of that.

As you said...it was more of a tackle...that's my point...he hung his LEFT KNEE out looking for contact because his speed was so high he had to guess and didn't want to commit so he hung it out there in midair....when it missed he came through like gangbusters and his right knee clipped Askren...this was my only point....he did not plan that knee the way it went down he planned a flying knee all right but he went with the flow and ended up poking out that LEFT KNEE then recovering midair and coming through in a 1/2 tackle that enabled him to land the right knee that ended it all.

We disagree in that you believe his left knee was going up to power up the right knee that blew Askren up....and I don't believe that I believe he was undecided and hung his left knee out there hoping for a hit then at the last second corrected and brought his right leg and knee through in a followthrough motion clipping Ben in the process.....Mazvidals left leg was OUT in the fight EXTENDED not pointing UP GENERATING FORCE FOR THE RIGHT LEG FINISH.He hung the left knee out there till the last second hoping for contact then dove through the gap bringing his followthrough leg and knee through with momentum and force.

I agree things don't go the same in a fight as in training....I agree he has the flying knee in his arsenal and that he chose it to open the fight....I simply disagree that it went off as everyone is claiming...I have a fine eye for detail especially with airtime before contact which was a specialty of mine....I see that left kneehung out there and I know why and I see Mazvidal bailing over to the other side at the very last second....if Mazvidal had executed the same flying knee he was doing in practice and connected it could have been deadly....he had nowhere near the force of the practice blow coming off of his right knee during the actual fight...because....he hung his left knee out there hoping to connect then bailed over to the other side to follow through.....had Ben closed a fraction sooner or had Mazvidal made his final power step a millisecond later it would have been even uglier than it was...Mazvidal was focused on speed more than timing and he jumped early which is why his left knee had to be hung out there so long and why he was hoping for contact then had to recover into a 2x knee followthrough…..and I am not saying he doesn't train this and know the potentialities...I am saying what I saw go down in the fight.

It was a hybrid flying knee.An intended right sided flying knee that due to timing and circumstance coming out of an early launch precipitated by to much entry speed to handle turned into a delayed left sided single that turned into a last second double with the right knee making terminal contact.Not at all what he was practising in the gym.

In the practise video his left knee is not leading looking for contact it is going forward and UP leading to generate force for the right knee blow TO COME.....DURING THE FIGHT mAZVIDAL hung his left knee out there POINTED FORWARD REACHING OUT NOT POINTING UPWARD DRIVING MOMENTUM FOR THE RIGHT KNEE TO COME ... longer than he wanted to because he had to....hoping for contact...WHICH HE FAILED TO MAKE....until that right knee (which he initially planned on throwing clean)came through and shut out the big light.
edit on 9-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Tell us your hysterical ranting spiel after you win a fight in the UFC. Until then, you just seem butthurt.

The facts are:
Masvidal planned and practiced this.
Masvidal executed his plan.
Masvidal won with the fastest knockout in UFC history.

You can argue who the better fighter is all day. However, Askren made a fatal error in the first 2 seconds of the match. Deal with it. Masvidal knocked him out solidly and precisely. I'd love to see a rematch as much as the next person.

You're talking like Masvidal used a cheatcode or something. It's just silly.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yo this thread gotta be over the character limit.

As for Ben?

You knocked the funk out.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Has the OP been sniffing glue?

Watch the Lawler vs Askren fight. Askren runs in with his head down, he's a one trick pony.

Lawler pounded him, then the ref made a bad call to stop the fight. After seeing that beatdown, it was obvious that Askren wouldn't make it in UFC.

I knew his next fight would be disastrous....Masvidal got the honours of showing him what happens when you close your eyes and put your head down...

Sorry bud, but you're delusional.

edit on 7/9/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Is this in the comedy forum? He won the "initial phase" ? Of a 2 second fight?? Lmao the knee missed?? That must be why Ben was KO'd stiff.

I couldn't even read the rest...please say you are trolling with this.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

As you said...it was more of a tackle...that's my point...he hung his LEFT KNEE out looking for contact because his speed was so high he had to guess and didn't want to commit so he hung it out there in midair....when it missed he came through like gangbusters and his right knee clipped Askren...this was my only point....he did not plan that knee the way it went down he planned a flying knee all right but he went with the flow and ended up poking out that LEFT KNEE then recovering midair and coming through in a 1/2 tackle that enabled him to land the right knee that ended it all.

Did you watch your own video you linked on him practicing?

It went down like he practiced. And the reason why I said to tackle and go all in when throwing knees is simple, and especially in this situation. If you throw a half assed flying knee, you will get half assed results, and masvidal would have got taken down, but doing it like he did even if he did not hit the head and hit him on the shoulder chances are they would bounce off eachother. If he did the typical flying knee, he simply leaves himselfs with bad positioning. I you just go full on balls out flying knee, even if he hit his shoulder they would have likley just bounced off eachother and then scrambled back for positioning.

The lazy flying knee though? He would have got taken down.

The way he did it, even set him up with his hands behind his back and the first few steps he took it looked like he was going to engage him in the center, then he took off and did exactly what he practiced in the same way. And bam the right knee found its mark. And yes its better if he did it like that, its equivalent to a left jab right hook. The jab is just there to move the head into the right hook nothing more.

Same thing with that left knee he came up with. Askren is a wrestler, its his instinct to grab a leg, so he would have ducked in, he sees the left knee coming at him, so he dives to his left hoping to grab the right leg and avoid the knee, and up comes the right knee right on his temple. Its the flying knee equivalent to a left jab right hook or uppercut.

It went exactly as practiced. And also the follow through went perfectly. Generally when you punch or especially kick, you dont want to hit them at the end of your punch, or kick, you want to hit them before that, as the end of the punch has a bit more snap, but less power because the momentum arc is reached. You want to connect before the momentum arc of whatever your throwing full extends itselfs, ie follow through.

Its why if you ever fought before or took classes or practiced the first thing they say even in karate is to follow through with you hits, be they punches or kicks or anything. Like in a high kick, If his head is at one point, you want to aim your kick to go a foot past were his head is.

If you aim our highkick to end right at were his head is, you will have a lot less power. And if he is leaning into it, its KO. Its what happened to Ben Askren, he leaned into the right knee, almost as it was fully extended and Masvidals whole body and weight was going straight forward, its like two cars running into eachotherer dead on, as opposed to one car hitting the other while its moving away.

Lets just say Askren did not roll with any knees there, in boxing they try to roll with the punches, in mma you got to roll with the kicks and knees as well. And out he went stiff as a board.

I agree things don't go the same in a fight as in training....I agree he has the flying knee in his arsenal and that he chose it to open the fight....I simply disagree that it went off as everyone is claiming...I have a fine eye for detail especially with airtime before contact which was a specialty of mine....I see that left kneehung out there and I know why and I see Mazvidal bailing over to the other side at the very last second....if Masvidal had executed the same flying knee he was doing in practice and connected it could have been deadly

What you describe is poor technique, and not something to aim for. And it does not get any more deadly then that. Askren was never knocked out before, never had a concussion I believe, he can take a punch as in the fight with Roby Lawler he got hit with some haymakers that would put regular people away. But that knee not only floored him, he will never be the same again in his life.

Whatever fine eye for detail that you think you have. You should know that the results speak for themselves. And what was the result of the fight and that flying knee between Masvidal and Askren?
edit on 11pmTuesdaypm092019f2pmTue, 09 Jul 2019 23:44:20 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Did you watch your own video you linked on him practicing?

It went down like he practiced. And the reason why I said to tackle and go all in when throwing knees is simple, and especially in this situation. If you throw a half assed flying knee, you will get half assed results, and masvidal would have got taken down, but doing it like he did even if he did not hit the head and hit him on the shoulder chances are they would bounce off eachother. If he did the typical flying knee, he simply leaves himselfs with bad positioning. I you just go full on balls out flying knee, even if he hit his shoulder they would have likley just bounced off eachother and then scrambled back for positioning.

The lazy flying knee though? He would have got taken down.

The way he did it, even set him up with his hands behind his back and the first few steps he took it looked like he was going to engage him in the center, then he took off and did exactly what he practiced in the same way. And bam the right knee found its mark. And yes its better if he did it like that, its equivalent to a left jab right hook. The jab is just there to move the head into the right hook nothing more.

Same thing with that left knee he came up with. Askren is a wrestler, its his instinct to grab a leg, so he would have ducked in, he sees the left knee coming at him, so he dives to his left hoping to grab the right leg and avoid the knee, and up comes the right knee right on his temple. Its the flying knee equivalent to a left jab right hook or uppercut.

It went exactly as practiced. And also the follow through went perfectly. Generally when you punch or especially kick, you dont want to hit them at the end of your punch, or kick, you want to hit them before that, as the end of the punch has a bit more snap, but less power because the momentum arc is reached. You want to connect before the momentum arc of whatever your throwing full extends itselfs, ie follow through.

Its why if you ever fought before or took classes or practiced the first thing they say even in karate is to follow through with you hits, be they punches or kicks or anything. Like in a high kick, If his head is at one point, you want to aim your kick to go a foot past were his head is.

If you aim our highkick to end right at were his head is, you will have a lot less power. And if he is leaning into it, its KO. Its what happened to Ben Askren, he leaned into the right knee, almost as it was fully extended and Masvidals whole body and weight was going straight forward, its like two cars running into eachotherer dead on, as opposed to one car hitting the other while its moving away.

Lets just say Askren did not roll with any knees there, in boxing they try to roll with the punches, in mma you got to roll with the kicks and knees as well. And out he went stiff as a board.

I agree things don't go the same in a fight as in training....I agree he has the flying knee in his arsenal and that he chose it to open the fight....I simply disagree that it went off as everyone is claiming...I have a fine eye for detail especially with airtime before contact which was a specialty of mine....I see that left kneehung out there and I know why and I see Mazvidal bailing over to the other side at the very last second....if Masvidal had executed the same flying knee he was doing in practice and connected it could have been deadly

What you describe is poor technique, and not something to aim for. And it does not get any more deadly then that. Askren was never knocked out before, never had a concussion I believe, he can take a punch as in the fight with Roby Lawler he got hit with some haymakers that would put regular people away. But that knee not only floored him, he will never be the same again in his life.

Whatever fine eye for detail that you think you have. You should know that the results speak for themselves. And what was the result of the fight and that flying knee between Masvidal and Askren?

I have never disputed the results of the fight....I said he hung his left knee out there trying to make contact then when he knew its wasnt connecting he bailed over to the right as he blew through Askren....clearly he clipped Bens Temple...it was not by any stretch of the imagination a cleanly executed right side Flying Knee which is the blow that KOed Askren.

You could try to say Mazvidal lured him in with the lead extended left leg and Askren took the bait dropped down swung his head to his own left and set himself up for the BigShow KO...and that would be pure bull-spit...….simply because of the speed involved...and I am not backing off of my points....Mazvidal opened up the jets and entered that engagement to fast to execute his Flying knee properly...he did this INTENTIONALLY......the speed which was to great was INTENTIONAL...Mazvidal made a weighted decision took a risk.....then when he realised he was closing to fast he extended and hung out his left knee,he missed his left flying knee under that circumstance then followed through with his right leg and knee dragging his knee across Bens Temple and putting him to sleep.

YES....Mazvidal planned to come out and pressure Ben he said so....YES he tried a Flying knee to open the fight up and establish control and momentum.....YES a right leg Flying Knee was his objective......but....NO....things did not go exactly as he planned in the Octagon and you can see that by watching the video.

I have fought before lots of times at least 20 ….never knocked out never beaten down....hurt cut broken nose and knuckles/fingers a few stitches(lots of legal trouble) , sure but so what....you may take your "training crap" and flush it because I fought more than a few guys who were "Trained"...not in MMA because it wasn't popular like it is today...no I didn't take classes or train...I learned on-the-fly......Headbutt - Knee- Punch-Headbash on the ground- chokeout(by the way back in the day we learned the Rear-Naked choke from Police who used it on us regularly and from Bully-Bouncers at Bars who tried to snap peoples necks)

You can beat around the bush if you want to and call it poor technique....no spit huh?...that's my point....his use of so much speed screwed up his ability to execute his opening move as he wanted so he went with it and adlibbed....I still don't know what all the squawking is about...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In terms of judging the fight by my own standards as an untrained uneducated simple street fighter...who walked around at 5'7-200lbs running a 4.6 40yard sprint and cross-training with Olympic Team Members...both men are idiots.....Mazvidal is lucky and Ben is stupid....Ben took a risk that he could handle Mazvidals Flying Knee and bullrush it was not exactly hidden...get real...Mazvidal expected Ben to do this and out of RESPECT he cranked up his entry speed to prevent Askren from having time to drop and grab him .....both men took risks and it paid off for Mazvidal who it seems had a bit more respect for his opponent as evidence shows...this to me is the key....Ben took Mazvidal to lightly.

IMHO because of the entry speed involved Mazvidal Hail-Maryed the move and he wanted to do a Fly-By if the knee missed...he was intending to go OVER BEN....to at all cost not get caught and taken down but to still initiate and gain control dynamically .There were a lot of things Ben could have done....but both guys were willing to go strength to strength....Ben lost big time .Mazvidals hurry-up focus won the day.His risks paid off.

The results have never been questioned....what you call sloppy technique I call a missed knee.....to me that hanging horizontal left knee is reaching out hoping to make contact at uber-speeds it is an ADJUSTMENT on-the-fly ...and the fighter adlibs and then decides to go with his original action...Mazvidal bought a millisecond of time in midair...and like it or not you have to FIGHT TO LEARN WHAT HANGTIME AND AIRTIME ARE...THEY CAN HELP YOU OR END YOU DEPENDING ON HOW YOU MANAGE THEM.

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW FAST DECISIONS HAVE TO BE MADE AND HOW THOSE DECISIONS PLAY INTO YOUR TRAINING AND INDIVIDUAL INSTINCTS...BEN WENT WITH INSTINCT AND MAZVIDAL WENT WITH TARGETTED TRAINING...MAZVIDALS TACTIC WON THE DAY CLEARLY ...BUT HIS TECHNIQUE WAS NOT CLEAN AND HE ADLIBBED ON-THE-FLY...that left knee would have been jacked up verticlly if Mazvidal had executed properly...but it WAS NOT...in fact it was extended horizontally...when it should not have been...showing us that Mazvidal hung it out there because he closed to fast to execute cleanly...of course he still finished his move and ended the fight in record time...

I still think Mazvidal is a flake for not calling it like it was Post-Fight...he showed respect coming into the fight with his tactics and showed no respect after he lucked out with the right knee KO...I expected him to be honest and say that yes he planned the Flying Knee and yes Ben took the bait and went for the shoot...but that at the last second he almost missed the entire technique because he was coming in to fast...and that fortunately for him his right knee grazed the Temple and he got the KOP in Record time.....

I still don't think the left knee was hung out as bait...it was a result of to much incoming speed(that is why Ben swung his head to his own left side in anticipatrion of the left knee incomong).....I know the Flying Knee was specifically focused upon...it just didn't go down like everyone wants it to....Mazvidal screwed that up with to much speed and he won the day by taking a risk...fortune favors the bold...

A Flying knee is a stupid opening move....only because of the incredible and unrealistic speed mazvidal used did he find success...there was no surprise here...no guile or fighting savvy....it was 2 guys who knew what each other were bringing and who stuck to their guns...Mazvidal added to much speed on purpose to tilt the table in his favor and Ben did not make any adjustments...this resulted in Mazvidal being able to recover from a mis-executed technique to win the day.

Y'all want it to be this beautiful clean cool Flying-Knee that was Excellence of Execution ...when really it was a recovery and a very well planned tactic...Mazvidal was focusing on speed and on hitting the knee...but SPEED FIRST...everyone wants it to be the other way around....his speed threw off his technique and he had to adlib...to recover....you call it sloppy technique and I call it a miss and a recovery.

Mazvidal had to hang his left knee out because he came in to fast...Ben took that as bait and slid his head over to his own left side to receive Mazvidals pressure....that left knee acted as bait...and I DO NOT BELIEVE IT WAS INTENTIONAL BAIT.....I believe it was to much entry speed by Mazvidal causing him to hang his knee out horizontally hoping for contact....and it came off perfectly for Mazvidal.

I give Mazvidal credit for managing the fight correctly...his focus on speed was the best approach...his plan to take control and momentum early was bang on....his guts to try that move off the bat was a beauty of a risk.....like I said I believe Mazvidal respected Askren more than Askren respected him and this was why Mazvidal had the gameplan he used....Mazvidals respect made him ADJUST HIS GAMEPLAN AND TAILOR IT....Bens lack of respect made him plough forward as usual.
edit on 10-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join