It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus and Boeing threaten to withdraw from Canadian fighter replacement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Saab still makes fighters? Must have been living under a rock...

Yeah they make rather good ones and have partnered with Boeing for the new trainer

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The two are the same thing. An F-22 is a first strike plane that works great as a defensive asset.

We don't have any aircraft carriers, I am not sure if we have any in-air refuelling planes, we sure don't have any capable military leadership, CSIS is a joke and our prime moron is an absolute asshole. I would think a "first strike" platform would first require greater range and increased payload deployment. There is I would think a difference in that there would be reduced range and reduced payloads.

Who are we going to strike first, the US, Greenland, Newfoundland, lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

There is no longer an aircraft built that can't be used as a first strike aircraft. The only thing is that some are a lot better than others at it. You don't see aircraft designed as interceptors, strike aircraft, etc. The day of the single role aircraft is done.

The RCAF has several aircraft that are used as tankers, as well as having a requirement to meet NATO missions. If required they'll use NATO tankers to fly the mission.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can you fit a Bunker Buster in a Black Triangle? [>

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I didnt know you can get an ass to kiss its own ass like that.Talk about full circle..Its like arguing with ones self.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Airbus has withdrawn.

business.financialpost.com... ess

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We don't really even need new fighters do we? I mean, that's what we have Alaska and your East coast for I thought.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviB

Yes. What happens if they come over the Pole? Or the Arctic? The RCAF performs multiple interceptions every year.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I guess I wasn't clear enough of the sarcasm. I still think we should have at least upgraded to Super Hornets when the US Navy did, even just for simplicity if things had gone to crap.

I'd like to see us with the F-35, but like others have said, the Gripen would do us well enough I'm sure.
edit on 30-8-2019 by LeviB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviB

I'll be surprised if SAAB stays in at this point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join