It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July, 2019: SADNESS for our Country

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

You are a very democratically misguided individual. You are letting them and the mainstream media fool you. I bet you dont work and are on wellfare like they want aren't you? I had a great 4th of July here, was a great display put on by the city lots of good cheer from everyone around. I imagine the criminals entering our good land illegally didn't have such a great time without the Democrats down there running the show.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They’re coming here and willingly filling these “camps”.

They are free to leave and head back to their country of origin at any time, are they not?

And comparing Trumps admin to the nazi party? That’s just ridiculous, utter nonsense. Even if he did try to do something nazi-like....he’s only got four more years. What, you think the next president would continue on doing the same? Not saying he would do something like that, just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning.

Good day, sir.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
This year, July 4th seemed very sad, and it seems that our country has lost its values and humanity, which were the ideals that America was supposed to stand for.

You need to stop watching, listening to, or otherwise downloading the news. It's bad for your mental health. Go do anything else other than consume the obviously slanted, click-driven, distorted crap that passes for "news" these days. You'll find that you feel much better in no time.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sadly many here won't read your words or get the message,they will ridicule for page after page till something else grabs their attention to rage about.

You won't find much in the way of understanding, compassion, tolerance , those good Christian values are reserved for people that deserve it, like other good Christians, not those filthy criminal immigrants, they deserve what they get.

Anyhow good luck with the thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, Pete. You'll not find many who are sympathetic to propaganda and lies spewed by those who would rather see their country invaded and taken over by people who have no respect for the country they are overtaking. I mean geez, what kind of horrendous fascist nazis wouldnt want a bunch of people with no respect for laws and customs to come to their country and overburden their resources, bring disease and kill or rape its people? Gosh! Can you just imagine such people exist? Its almost like maybe the USA should have some sort of long standing process in which they could come and not do all that....

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

You should be really scared of those poor starving immigrants, their coming for you and your stuff...

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They're coming for our social programs which are paid for by taxes, so in an indirect way, they are. After all, the more money in taxes we have to pay to support their butts, the less money we have for our own families. How many poor immigrants (and immigrants who make no legally reportable wages, but work 40 hours under the table just the same so they aren't as poor as all that) do you expect us to support?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To all of you claiming these people are nothing but asylum seekers, why not try using that same exact method in North Korea or Pakistan? Sneak across the border and go into hiding, then claim you're seeking asylum when you get caught.

I was sure the site always had "Deny Ignorance" all over the place. It seems like a few people are embracing it instead.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Come to America legally.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Oh, but I'm not scared. I'm good. I'm not stuck in a place I dont want to be in because I illegally did something I shouldnt have done. Trust me when I say, I'm not scared at all. Having a great day actually.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

They’re free to go home whenever they like nobody’s keeping them here.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All the more reason to get them documented, at work and paying taxes, either way they're coming .
edit on 9-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sadly many here won't read your words or get the message,they will ridicule for page after page till something else grabs their attention to rage about.

You won't find much in the way of understanding, compassion, tolerance , those good Christian values are reserved for people that deserve it, like other good Christians, not those filthy criminal immigrants, they deserve what they get.

But the words and message are false, just like yours. It’s deserving of ridicule.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

But the words and message are false, just like yours. It’s deserving of ridicule.

Ridicule and scorn, yes the current climate indeed. I choose not to revel in it.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

All the more reason to get them documented, at work and paying taxes, either way they're coming .

And we could send them back where they came from too. Subsidize a thing and you get more of it.

We can only absorb so many of the world's poor at a time. The reality is that we can only support so many at a time and many of them will never be able to support themselves although their children might become self-supporting, contributing citizens eventually.

After all, let's be honest. Most of these illegals are low skilled and will never rise to the threshold of actually having tax liability, and any taxes they pay now by being here they would pay legal or not (things like sales taxes and fees on various purchases). But believing they'll be net income tax payers? No. Most never will rise to that level. Most Americans never do.
edit on 9-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Detention facilities dont even come close to concentration camps.

I dont see you've answered my question. I used to negotiate contracts as an ICE employee so I would know.

The amazing men and women of Health and Human Services literally have one thing in mind when they are working in detention facilities and that is how to keep detainees safe and healthy.

That's the complete opposite from NAZI concentration camp guards.

I haven't worked there for years, but many of my former colleagues still work there and they are some of the most dedicated public servants I have ever met. We are a country of laws, and when law enforcement intersects with humanitarian crisis, there isnt anyone I would trust more to handle that situation than the people of ICE, CBP and HHS.

How many detention facilities have you been to? Many detainees are kept in actual local or state prison or jail facilities that ICE leases space from via inter agency agreements...

This entire thread is based on very misguided opinion, and I would strongly encourage you to put your misconcetptions aside and listen to folks that have real knowledge of the topic before ranting here on ATS.
edit on th20197-0500fCDT082019Tue, 09 Jul 2019 20:20:31 -0500 by SonOfThor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

We can't have any of these pesky facts getting in the way of the propaganda!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Detention facilities dont even come close to concentration camps.

DHS should never have identified these holding areas as 'detention' spaces...spun/spin heavy wash (instead) as "PROCESSING" areas that are overcrowded due to an incompetent Congress of leaders of NO ONE.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seaswine

You too? You really think this is fake news?

Hopeless. This site is full of the hopelessly lost.

None of this story has been as you say "debunked". Which BTW is a term used with conspiracy theorists.

Truth cannot be debunked. It can get buried with lies but that doesn't change the truth.

These people are real and so is their suffering and it is directly attributed to the policies that tRump has put in place to try to discourage hispanic and latino people from migrating to our country.
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE! Bite into that truth.

Yes, Me too.

Look, I do feel for these people in ways. They are fellow humans and I'm sure their living conditions in their home countries ain't great. They have massive poverty, but that is no excuse.

I don't doubt that some of the people coming here are being targeted by cartels. For that, if proven, they should be granted asylum. But don't even try to tell me they are all fleeing from such things. They are coming here in hopes of sneaking in, getting a better paying job and overall better life. THAT IS NOT A REASON FOR ASYLUM.

That said, why is it America's or Trump's fault they chose to go about things the wrong way? When seeking asylum, as far as I understand, you visit an embassy or consulate. That's how it works. You don't storm the border by the thousands, unless there is an outbreak of war in said country.

Even then, they'd be detained to ensure they aren't some sort of invading force before being cleared.

I'll say it again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yeah, instead of keeping your country great allow it to join the rest of the world as a # hole.

Hopefully when the stressors start kicking in from the rape and murder you'll start forgetting about 1st world problems and start remembering important things.

Just let them out already and let the process begin. Though I suppose those people got let out around 2013 already so you should be ahead of the curve you wanted

I hear Germany is doing great. I hear you don't want to be walking around after 6pm anymore.

Lol, you poor people. 3rd world countries been that way since forever. Get on our level!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join