It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July, 2019: SADNESS for our Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why are people so ignorant? Seriously, this whole "concentration camp" BS needs to stop.

This thread is just WRONG.

The context draws upon fake news, its language emotionally derived and the overall gist of it poor, which stems from the OPs naivete and lack of critical assessment.

For good measure, I hit 👎 on that YT link.

No Star, No Flag.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I stopped reading at concentration camps.

I may have gotten further than most.

Happy belated 4th.

Ditto

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Head of CBP just released a statement about the concentration camps.

Wow! They really are starting to dress like Nazis!
Crazy! And they are shooting these vids in black and white??

It's getting weird for sure!

edit on 8-7-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
All that typing, and all you had to put was "Orange man bad."

Haven't you ever heard of Godwin's law?

I hear they(microsoft) are going to make it even easier than that.

New keyboards are starting to ship with just one button that runs a text script and types it out for you(with just one keystroke).

Got to love technology.

no no it's a special app for iPhones !!! 😶

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
This year, July 4th seemed very sad, and it seems that our country has lost its values and humanity, which were the ideals that America was supposed to stand for.

The lead-up week to July 4th, the biggest story in the news was the leaked photos of migrant detention centers / concentration camps.

Our country has been arguing over the definition of "concentration camps," meanwhile immigrants are living in them, in unsanitary conditions, starving, getting sick, dying (it's only around 6 deaths acknowledged, but still). Around 2/3 of the immigrants are women and children, so that's around 2/3 of the prisoners too.

Cameras and phones were not allowed into the facilities, but one person snuck in his phone, and his pics were the headline this week. Pics of sad, dirty women and children, laying around what looks like a concrete jail cell.

Pics of men crammed into a small room, at triple capacity, so they physically can't lay down, apparently. Their gestures include a handwritten sign saying "HELP," and that he has been there for 40 days.

Another man prays for the camera. A couple / few people hold up their hands in a gesture of talking on the phone, apparently meaning that they're desperate to make a phone call, to get out of there.

People are going weeks / months without toothbrushes or soap, and as a result of the filth plus malnutrition, they are getting mouth sores. Because they're spending weeks / months eating nothing but plain slices of bread with one slice of bologna.

I could go on and on (without even mentioning AOC's report that women were told to "drink from the toilet"). Children sleeping on cold concrete, with one "aluminum foil" blanket, meaning they can choose to cover the concrete and have NO blanket, or they can lay on the concrete, with the aluminum foil on top, but freezing from the concrete below them.

What monsters have we become.

The Trump Admin seems hell-bent on recreating the early rise of the Nazis in the 1930's. People remember the German Nazis for their worst atrocities in the 1940's, however, they STARTED out quietly in the 1930's, and very slowly built up their extremeness.

So Trump Admin seems to be trying to recreate that quiet beginning of the Nazi movement. Not that anyone will literally call it that, but still, it's recreating the same historical themes and actions, from 1930's Germany. Their concentration camps started out quiet, too. Just like ours, today.

Like the Germans in the 1930's - 1940's, the Trump Admin's movement would only continue to get worse and more extreme, very slowly, over time. If they were allowed to.

Thankfully, I'm cautiously optimistic that most Americans are against this direction that Trump has taken our country. So I do expect this to dark chapter to end, before it gets much worse.

But I also don't know how many more dark days are ahead us, before the Trump nightmare is finally over. If he does keep the rest of his term, then we still have a year-and-a-half of his madness and tragedies.

I want the concentration camps closed immediately though.

These immigrants are not even criminals, as it's perfectly legal to seek asylum, which Trump has only been mischaracterizing as illegal for these last few yrs. It's not illegal to seek asylum, yet they are being stuffed into concentration camps. It sounds like a bad novel or a bad movies, that we're living in.

On July 4th, instead of watching fireworks, I made a vid (not monetized) that expresses much of the same thoughts and feelings that I just wrote out. Mainly sadness for our country.

I don't usually think of the 4th as very politically charged, except this year, it was impossible to not feel sad over the condition of our country, and to wonder what exactly we're celebrating, when we've lost our humanity, and our values, and our respect of human life.

edit on 8-7-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Head of CBP just released a statement about the concentration camps.

Wow! They really are starting to dress like Nazis!
Crazy! And they are shooting these vids in black and white??

It's getting weird for sure!

OK your post is funny lol.

Sad part is that the parallels are actually there...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
People are still comparing Trump to the Nazis in 2019?

Yikes...

That is like, so 2016 dude.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Another NPC screaming "drumpf is literally Hitler"? This post should be fun.

By the way, weren't those pictures of the "concentration camps" taken in 2012? It's amazing what you can learn by looking into the real source of a picture.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

If he does keep the rest of his term, then we still have a year-and-a-half of his madness and tragedies.

Wrong.
You forgot about his 2nd term.
You know, another 5 plus years of the deranged Leftists and their mental illness madness and tragedies.
Do you think you they will let you have internet service in the rubber room?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And they still think that somehow they are going to pull off enough votes to remove him from office. The delusions are strong with the left. He would actually have to be proven guilty of a crime, and as deep as they had been trying to dig for as long as they've been trying, they still have nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The immigration issue is a long drawn out one, it has been in the headlines here in Australia for as long as I can remember. Things are bad when you have people sewing their own mouth shut and Juvenal suicide going on. Our recent government has tried to make it easier for the public by having a media blackout on the subject. Have boats been sunk and people died at sea, we don't know.

In Indonesia or the Philippines, have heard of 3 generations of people stuck in detention centers. They have no way to get out and no where to go if they did.

The Immigration debate is a politically charged one with many sad stories. Putting an end to the perpetual war policy is one way to help reduced the immigration problems that spans the globe.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
To me, the real question is why isn't this in the hoax bin? There is plenty of real verifiable evidence that the OP info is inaccurate and yet....

Anyway, I have been shut up for much less.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This year, July 4th seemed very sad, and it seems that our country has lost its values and humanity, which were the ideals that America was supposed to stand for.

The lead-up week to July 4th, the biggest story in the news was the leaked photos of migrant detention centers / concentration camps.

Our country has been arguing over the definition of "concentration camps," meanwhile immigrants are living in them

I stopped right there.

You're ignorant as to what a concentration camp really is. You're further ignorant as to what took place in a concentration camp.

The only cure to ignorance is education... which I'm to lazy to provide.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

concentration camp | ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp |
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities.

--New Oxford American Dictionary

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities.

Ah yes, the New Oxford American Dictionary ---- a place where scholars can change the meaning of words 😎

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
The immigration issue is a long drawn out one, it has been in the headlines here in Australia for as long as I can remember. Things are bad when you have people sewing their own mouth shut and Juvenal suicide going on. Our recent government has tried to make it easier for the public by having a media blackout on the subject. Have boats been sunk and people died at sea, we don't know.

In Indonesia or the Philippines, have heard of 3 generations of people stuck in detention centers. They have no way to get out and no where to go if they did.

The Immigration debate is a politically charged one with many sad stories. Putting an end to the perpetual war policy is one way to help reduced the immigration problems that spans the globe.

Thank you for the genuine, human response, amid all the trolling and noise.

Good points and I would love to see the perpetual war policy end.

I never heard about the 3 generations stuck inside detention centers in Indonesia & Philippines. That sounds just like North Korea...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

noun

Ah yes, the New Oxford American Dictionary ---- a place where scholars can change the meaning of words 😎

^Lol what does that mean? Why would u think that people can change the meanings of words? No, they can't, lol. It's a very standard dictionary.

It's actually the 2017 version so apparently it hasn't been changed since then.

It's not even an online dictionary lol. Were u thinking of Wikipedia or something

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

From the Wikipedia of dictionaries.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm glad to see your thread up again peace now that the mods have had you move it to the correct forum. As you do not frequent the political forums very much it is refreshing to have someones honest sentiments about the state of our union.
You can expect the kinds of replies you are receiving when you dabble here as many ATSers are vehemently invested and overly confident in their personal political savvy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join