It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July, 2019: SADNESS for our Country

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: peacefulpete

thank you for asking

Washington (CNN)Yazmin Juarez, a mother whose toddler died weeks after they were released from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody in 2018, recalled the death of her child in emotional testimony before a House panel Wednesday.

edition.cnn.com...

weeks after detention, not days or hours, weeks, so the Mother did not feed th baby but it's because of detention it died?

can you please show how a baby can live for weeks without being fed, thanks in advance

so yes Pete, you lied.

the woman believes that her child's death comes from the starvation during border detention.

starving children is a tricky hobby, isn't it? hard to predict which starved children might die, or not. right?

when u guys starve ur own children, don't u find it tricky not to have them die from the starvation?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Meh. I got hammered, blew up almost 1k worth of fireworks, because I worked for it and I can, and plowed my wife. I didn't watch any TV. Most of you should take note. AOC wasn't on my brain, no politicians were, because I'm not an obsessive person.

I'm making the Fourth of July last all month, like African history month, and gay and lesbian month.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

As everyone has been trying to tell you, there are rules to Asylum, you don't seem to comprehend that.

Also, you have presented zero proof that the toddler was "Starved to death".

You keep believing though.......

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I had an absolutely wonderful Independence Day, thank you for asking! Gee what a swell guy.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

As everyone has been trying to tell you, there are rules to Asylum, you don't seem to comprehend that.

Also, you have presented zero proof that the toddler was "Starved to death".

You keep believing though.......

i posted two videos of the mother's testimony in court yesterday. about ICE starving her child to death. that's what the mother believes is why she died.

seeking asylum is legal, and US govt.'s child abuse isn't justified by anything, in any way.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
People have been complaining about the state of the US since July 5, 1776.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

seeking asylum is legal. 

the woman didn't commit any crime or break any laws. 

Did she seek Asylum in the first country she encountered?

Did she go to the US Consulate or Embassy?

Did she enter the US in the legally proscribed methods?

What exactly is her claim of Asylum? You do realize the vast majority who claim asylum are found to be lacking a valid claim. Many countries detain people who illegally enter their country till a determination has been made on their asylum claim.

It's obvious you think we are intentionally killing illegal immigrants that crossed our borders illegally. If that were true, we would be finding mass graves in the 100,000's a month.

meaningless noise

it's not illegal to come here and seek asylum.

America is a nation of immigrants. we all know this.

Most of us are from European descent, i.e. immigrants.

Lol don't like hearing things you don't like huh?

First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country. Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

Which of these did Ms Juarez prove?

My descendants all came to the US by means of Ellis Island and did so by the proscribed means of the day. My Grandpa was quarantined till he wasn't a risk. He was 14 and came by himself and wasn't starved to death either.

Stop confusing legal migration with Illegal immigration.

If everyone in the world wants to come to America and claim Asylum are you going to let them? I mean their lives are horrible and they just want a better opportunity for their kids........

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: MarrsAttax

From the CNN article, the plot thickens.....

Late last year, Juarez filed a wrongful death claim seeking $60 million from the US government.

Um, a "wrongful death claim" makes sense, when there's a "wrongful death."

so her lawsuit supports her statements.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: thedigirati

This thread reminds me f the one where someone claimed that rockets could not work in space.

There will be pages of actual facts and data, but the OP will still push the narrative because being wrong or admitting to being wrong is beyond his way of thinking.

I think it's a millennial thing.

They just cant admit to being wrong.

I've been posting the live videos of the mother's testimony.

This is the most real proof that is possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So the mother has actually proved that?

She says it, so it must be true?

Her full transcript of her testimony says nothing about her child being "Starved to death". Link to transcript

Her lawyer told the city they were suing that his client was willing to settle for only 40 Million.

Sorry I'm going to need actual proof. I'm a stickler for such silly things.

She crossed Mexico and didn't think to claim Asylum there? Her mother, who lived in New Jersey didn't think to have her come in legally?
edit on 11-7-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

seeking asylum is legal. 

the woman didn't commit any crime or break any laws. 

Did she seek Asylum in the first country she encountered?

Did she go to the US Consulate or Embassy?

Did she enter the US in the legally proscribed methods?

What exactly is her claim of Asylum? You do realize the vast majority who claim asylum are found to be lacking a valid claim. Many countries detain people who illegally enter their country till a determination has been made on their asylum claim.

It's obvious you think we are intentionally killing illegal immigrants that crossed our borders illegally. If that were true, we would be finding mass graves in the 100,000's a month.

meaningless noise

it's not illegal to come here and seek asylum.

America is a nation of immigrants. we all know this.

Most of us are from European descent, i.e. immigrants.

Lol don't like hearing things you don't like huh?

First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country. Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

Which of these did Ms Juarez prove?

My descendants all came to the US by means of Ellis Island and did so by the proscribed means of the day. My Grandpa was quarantined till he wasn't a risk. He was 14 and came by himself and wasn't starved to death either.

Stop confusing legal migration with Illegal immigration.

If everyone in the world wants to come to America and claim Asylum are you going to let them? I mean their lives are horrible and they just want a better opportunity for their kids........

ur argument fails though. because 1. this has NOT been what people have been arguing about, the exact details of her asylum case, and 2. because if she didn't pass the criteria, then logically she'd leave.

there's no reason to leap from that to having her child starving in US govt. custody, for no reason...
edit on 11-7-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Her full transcript of her testimony says nothing about her child being "Starved to death". Link to transcript

Her lawyer told the city they were suing that his client was willing to settle for only 40 Million.

She crossed Mexico and didn't think to claim Asylum there? Her mother, who lived in New Jersey didn't think to have her come in legally?

the mother clearly explains at length, that she believes that her child's death was CAUSED by the malnutrition / starvation during border custody.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

the mother clearly explains at length, that she believes that her child's death was CAUSED by the malnutrition / starvation during border custody.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

thank you for asking

Washington (CNN)Yazmin Juarez, a mother whose toddler died weeks after they were released from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody in 2018, recalled the death of her child in emotional testimony before a House panel Wednesday.

edition.cnn.com...

weeks after detention, not days or hours, weeks, so the Mother did not feed th baby but it's because of detention it died?

can you please show how a baby can live for weeks without being fed, thanks in advance

so yes Pete, you lied.

the woman believes that her child's death comes from the starvation during border detention.

starving children is a tricky hobby, isn't it? hard to predict which starved children might die, or not. right?

when u guys starve ur own children, don't u find it tricky not to have them die from the starvation?

If the child died of starvation weeks after the detention, would it not mean that the mother had starved her own child? Thus why she believes her baby died of starvation?

If the baby died from starvation within the first days of release...well perhaps the finger could be pointed at the detention center...but weeks later is implausible and shows lack of care by the mother herself.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Read the transcript....

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

thank you for asking

edition.cnn.com...

so yes Pete, you lied.

If the child died of starvation weeks after the detention, would it not mean that the mother had starved her own child? Thus why she believes her baby died of starvation?

If the baby died from starvation within the first days of release...well perhaps the finger could be pointed at the detention center...but weeks later is implausible and shows lack of care by the mother herself.

Wrong.

Health problems can develop a few weeks later.

It absolutely makes sense that the mother believes the child died as a result of prolonged malnutrition, in US govt. border detention.

There isn't a good way to starve children, is there?

edit on 11-7-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What about all those sanctions on country's not following or listening to US demands. 500.000 children died because of sanctions in Iraq alone way back with Bush I, let alone the aftermath (war). You didn't see people blowing them self up before that war/invasion almost every day, you didn't see countless terrorists or ISIS before all of this. But it was a war against terrorism, and with it the world never seen as many. It's like fighting fire with fire, doesn't work, does it?

You didn't see all those people fleeing from those country's(mainly to Europe), imagine all those people would flee to the USA instead. If the latter would be the case people in the US would go so crazy, almost as much as they where back then with Bush II, even getting MAD with the french (not supporting the war against Iraq/Freedom fries) and bumper stickers everywhere....

Lol again imagine all those people fleeing from hell in the ME went to the USA after (instead of Europe)... and think about how the US is so mad against Iran now again and wanting the same thing happening (as with Iraq), sanctions (they ain't allowed to sell or buy to foreign country's (which sounds biblical; ''so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.''

But yea how those people are treated in those prisons/camps/whatever is shameful but not near as shameful as the above.
edit on 11-7-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Read the transcript.....

Nowhere does she mention starvation. She says the child lost 2lbs during their illnesses.

Stop lying to yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So the mother believes her child was starved to death by ICE. Does she have any proof of that? Can she prove that ICE purposefully locked her daughter up and then threw away the key and just didn't feed her and only her?

Or, as is far more likely, was her daughter already at the end of her rope after her mother hauled across the brutal desert trying to sneak illegally into this country, and no matter what ICE did or didn't do, the child was on her last legs? Of course a distraught parent would not admit to that, neither would someone who bought the child from a cartel to use as a human shield with the express purpose of trying to enter this country illegally.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Imagine if those people followed the law and came here legally ...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join