It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July, 2019: SADNESS for our Country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This year, July 4th seemed very sad, and it seems that our country has lost its values and humanity, which were the ideals that America was supposed to stand for.

The lead-up week to July 4th, the biggest story in the news was the leaked photos of migrant detention centers / concentration camps.

Our country has been arguing over the definition of "concentration camps," meanwhile immigrants are living in them, in unsanitary conditions, starving, getting sick, dying (it's only around 6 deaths acknowledged, but still). Around 2/3 of the immigrants are women and children, so that's around 2/3 of the prisoners too.

Cameras and phones were not allowed into the facilities, but one person snuck in his phone, and his pics were the headline this week. Pics of sad, dirty women and children, laying around what looks like a concrete jail cell.

Pics of men crammed into a small room, at triple capacity, so they physically can't lay down, apparently. Their gestures include a handwritten sign saying "HELP," and that he has been there for 40 days.

Another man prays for the camera. A couple / few people hold up their hands in a gesture of talking on the phone, apparently meaning that they're desperate to make a phone call, to get out of there.

People are going weeks / months without toothbrushes or soap, and as a result of the filth plus malnutrition, they are getting mouth sores. Because they're spending weeks / months eating nothing but plain slices of bread with one slice of bologna.

I could go on and on (without even mentioning AOC's report that women were told to "drink from the toilet"). Children sleeping on cold concrete, with one "aluminum foil" blanket, meaning they can choose to cover the concrete and have NO blanket, or they can lay on the concrete, with the aluminum foil on top, but freezing from the concrete below them.

What monsters have we become.

The Trump Admin seems hell-bent on recreating the early rise of the Nazis in the 1930's. People remember the German Nazis for their worst atrocities in the 1940's, however, they STARTED out quietly in the 1930's, and very slowly built up their extremeness.

So Trump Admin seems to be trying to recreate that quiet beginning of the Nazi movement. Not that anyone will literally call it that, but still, it's recreating the same historical themes and actions, from 1930's Germany. Their concentration camps started out quiet, too. Just like ours, today.

Like the Germans in the 1930's - 1940's, the Trump Admin's movement would only continue to get worse and more extreme, very slowly, over time. If they were allowed to.

Thankfully, I'm cautiously optimistic that most Americans are against this direction that Trump has taken our country. So I do expect this to dark chapter to end, before it gets much worse.

But I also don't know how many more dark days are ahead us, before the Trump nightmare is finally over. If he does keep the rest of his term, then we still have a year-and-a-half of his madness and tragedies.

I want the concentration camps closed immediately though.

These immigrants are not even criminals, as it's perfectly legal to seek asylum, which Trump has only been mischaracterizing as illegal for these last few yrs. It's not illegal to seek asylum, yet they are being stuffed into concentration camps. It sounds like a bad novel or a bad movies, that we're living in.

On July 4th, instead of watching fireworks, I made a vid (not monetized) that expresses much of the same thoughts and feelings that I just wrote out. Mainly sadness for our country.

I don't usually think of the 4th as very politically charged, except this year, it was impossible to not feel sad over the condition of our country, and to wonder what exactly we're celebrating, when we've lost our humanity, and our values, and our respect of human life.

edit on 8-7-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I stopped reading at concentration camps.

I may have gotten further than most.

Happy belated 4th.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Meh. I got hammered, blew up almost 1k worth of fireworks, because I worked for it and I can, and plowed my wife. I didn't watch any TV. Most of you should take note. AOC wasn't on my brain, no politicians were, because I'm not an obsessive person.

edit on 8-7-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Have you ever worked for ICE or CBP?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You do have a point, lol, that I could have just gone and had a good night anyway. But I did follow the news this past week so it was all fresh on my mind and emotions. Especially that it's the holiday of our country, in theory.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Why are you posting this again?

Still trying to shill your youtube channel?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Meh. I got hammered, blew up almost 1k worth of fireworks, because I worked for it and I can, and plowed my wife. I didn't watch any TV. Most of you should take note. AOC wasn't on my brain, no politicians were, because I'm not an obsessive person.

I'm dyslexic.

So I read that as you got hammered on 1k worth of fireworks and blew up your wife.

I still starred it though.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just saw on CNN that CBP just spent 50 million dollars on new uniforms(black), red armbands and 10K refurbished lugers.

They are just pissing our tax dollars away.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I reposted it because the moderators suggested that it would fit in this forum.

I'm not really familiar with the different kinds of political forums on the site, since I mostly keep to the mysterious topics forums.

"Trying to shill my channel" is a heavy accusation lol but like I said, it's NOT monetized, so how in the world would I be shilling anything.

It's also exactly the first political video I made. So it's not like I'm spamming the topics in the news or something.

I'm actually genuinely expressing my thoughts and feelings on the condition of our country, on its birthday holiday.

I'm curious if people could relate...

But if this only gets angry responses then I probably won't respond much lol.
edit on 8-7-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You are clueless (did you ever register for civil service?).

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I just saw on CNN that CBP just spent 50 million dollars on new uniforms(black), red armbands and 10K refurbished lugers.

They are just pissing our tax dollars away.

F$%@... they're about to engage the white people apocalypse. We're all dead.

link   

Best fireworks ever in my town. Great 4th of July here!

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

another victim of the MSM/Democrat/Tlaib/AOC/Omar cartel of evil 😎

😆

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Head of CBP just released a statement about the concentration camps.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This might be the first true case of actual TDS. Some things I've read and people say "TDS", it's mostly a joke I think... But this?

Second time posting absolute delusions that have been debunked time and again.

I think Trump is a big ol ignoramus and pretty damn cocky/self obsessed, but he isn't Hitler and the people in any of the videos DID THAT TO THEMSELVES. Why can't people grasp that fact?

Not to mention, much of the footage you've been spoon-fed was shot during Obama admin.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The "immigrants", instead of attempting to cross our border in an illegal manner, could instead have immigrated lawfully.

Then they wouldn't need detaining.

Maybe if we had a nice wall, that would stop illegal border crossing we could "tear down those camps!" We wouldnt need them.

And those precious babies would be saved.

#savebabies #buildthewall
edit on 7 8 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
All that typing, and all you had to put was "Orange man bad."

Haven't you ever heard of Godwin's law?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I stopped reading at concentration camps.

I may have gotten further than most.

Happy belated 4th.

Beat me. You know, all these illegal immigrants could try to enter legally. Nah, that's too much work. I'll continue to worry more about my fellow US citizens and legal residents prosperity.

You can go save the World by letting the whole world enter whenever and however they want. I'm sure that will work out fine.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
All that typing, and all you had to put was "Orange man bad."

Haven't you ever heard of Godwin's law?

I hear they(microsoft) are going to make it even easier than that.

New keyboards are starting to ship with just one button that runs a text script and types it out for you(with just one keystroke).

Got to love technology.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
This might be the first true case of actual TDS. Some things I've read and people say "TDS", it's mostly a joke I think... But this?

Second time posting absolute delusions that have been debunked time and again.

I think Trump is a big ol ignoramus and pretty damn cocky/self obsessed, but he isn't Hitler and the people in any of the videos DID THAT TO THEMSELVES. Why can't people grasp that fact?

Not to mention, much of the footage you've been spoon-fed was shot during Obama admin.

Oh, there it is. I was waiting for it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join