It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way you could learn “the truth” about UFOs/ETs is to keep it to yourself?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Could you keep “the truth” about UFOs/ETs to yourself if you couldn’t share it and that’s the only way you could find out?

After a long holiday weekend with driving, family activities, etc. - I made it home yesterday in need of some quiet time and that got me posting to ATS.

I post more-less exclusively in this forum and stay out of all things political here as I’m exhausted with political commentary. As I’m reading through threads I revisited the “why” as to my researching and reading - why do it? For me - it’s a mystery. Perhaps one of the greatest of all time - and I like the hunt - and I like learning lots of fascinating stuff on my journey down the rabbit hole.

But what if I actually got my hands on the truth? What would I do with it? What would you do with it?

More interestingly - what if the only way you could find out the truth is to swear to speak to NO ONE about it or you’ll be “silenced”. Do you take one for the team and tell everyone before getting whacked? Turn it into an investment opportunity? Drink heavily to reason with your new reality?

I honestly don’t know what I’d do with the info. Perhaps it would depend on how good/bad it would be for society. It would be a seriously heavy burden to carry around if you didn’t talk about it in any case.

So what would you do if you learned the truth but couldn’t share it - and that’s the only way you could know?

Lastly, maybe that’s why people don’t talk about it who might know more than your average bear - reality is actually pretty heavy so better to leave 8bn wondering in ignorance than in crippling fear/worry/etc. of reality.

Disclaimer to 3 letter agencies: I concretely know no truth

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Well, I wouldn't want to put my life or the lives of people that I know and care about in jeopardy. That would be one hell of a secret to keep without at least telling one person, so I don't think I want to know. Well, I do, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

Disclaimer to 3 letter agencies: I concretely know no truth

"Dammit! False alarm - I was hoping to break a few fingers..."

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well, I wouldn't want to put my life or the lives of people that I know and care about in jeopardy. That would be one hell of a secret to keep without at least telling one person, so I don't think I want to know. Well, I do, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

That’s the paradox - you want to know (and so do I) but there’s a lot of risk - Thats why so few people really know what’s going on - not just to keep a lid on it but there are very few people who would truly be willing to take the risk - particularly when the reward for knowing is constant surveillance/threat of death and no real gain.

That might actually explain the fractured nature of information on this subject - we probably know a lot more of the “truth” than we realize - but no one will give confirmation or they go the way of Phil Schneider.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't know why, but the first thing i thought of when i read your post was this thread

Perhaps Astr0 did know the truth, kept it to himself and only let on when he was just about to board the one way trip to an off-world colony.....

As Astr0 stated himself in his last post at exactly 22:00 on 25 July 2014:

Goodbye my friends. Dream your Dreams and make them beautiful.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is what 'death bed' confessions are for.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

I remember reading that thread. Epic. Maybe he did know!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If I discovered enough information...

I'd monetize it for sure.

I wouldn't sell the secrets, but instead.. aid build/develop something myself utilizing what I learned from ET tech and start a company/business.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Nobody would believe you. The truth is so far from what everybody thinks and wants to believe, they'd just label you crazy and ignore you.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

...and yet a Taciturn saw an Ufo today.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've had my share of non-human / non-physical contact and sight seeing of craft... I've recorded and counted 14 different UFO sightings that I could not seem a plane, military, helicopter or natural avion organisms.

Sharing the tell tale of these experiences is a hit and miss. At times I agree, keeping to self is most important. Especially if their is some over our heads agenda by these people (the non human people)
Maybe they abduct and face to face certain humans for specific reasons, and the other humans are not the concern.

This very thought process creates discord a.amongst the ambitious UFO/ET followers as the perception of "oh they are more special than the rest of us?"...

Well clearly not imho so we keep it to ourselves for the most part. Yet, sharing these experiences is how I met some close people who have had similar experiences.

So I have my circle of people and I hope others find their own. As none of us have a fu**ing clue what is really going on, abductees or not.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Nobody would believe you. The truth is so far from what everybody thinks and wants to believe, they'd just label you crazy and ignore you.

You’re probably right here.

This actually builds a case that disclosure has happened - but it’s so weird no one buys it. Too far outside the construct of “normal”.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I would sell it to the highest bidder , I'm broke

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
John Keel said you couldn't even keep them a secret. Even if you didn't tell anybody and kept it entirely to yourself, there's still an outside chance that some form of Men in Black might contact you anyway.

Besides, if you don't get external verification, how do you even know you have "the truth?" The "aliens" would first have to provide you with enough evidence to prove they're not some government mind game or hallucination. But they could also be lying. And you could be hallucinating. So you'd probably want to contact somebody just to make sure you weren't going crazy and that whatever information you got from the encounter was accurate.

Anything can be true in your own mind, but that doesn't make it "true true."

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That Astr0 affair still perplexes me... ultimately, either several seemingly stable, smart, truthful ats posters lied or he was telling (at least partial) truth. Those posters told me he convinced them via personal info nobody could normally know, with code words that unlocked memories and one said they were actually visited in their bedroom by the "RKers."

I did a thread exploring it and some old memories surfaced that correlated with what the man said... like seeing a diamond shaped black drone thingy in the 80's buzz my home in the desert at 3 a.m. and remembering him saying he was in my area back then, part of a program looking for "good dreamers."

So much fit with the history of ufos ... and even though he said no aliens from other solar systems were involved, he also said there were offworld humans, forgotten histories and that everything was energy, so it left room for all the other historical strangeness.

So while I won't know for sure until they turn off their active camo and reveal themselves, I certainly hold that story as the most likely one I've encountered in 40 years of searching.

But yeah... try explaining that to the average wage slave... it's alienating!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I did a thread exploring it

Please direct me to your thread - i'd be very interested in reading it when i get some time. Thanks

Yeah, it perplexed me too when i read it. Seemingly so authentic, structured and well executed (Kudos Astr0)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

That Astr0 affair still perplexes me... ultimately, either several seemingly stable, smart, truthful ats posters lied or he was telling (at least partial) truth. Those posters told me he convinced them via personal info nobody could normally know, with code words that unlocked memories and one said they were actually visited in their bedroom by the "RKers."

I did a thread exploring it and some old memories surfaced that correlated with what the man said... like seeing a diamond shaped black drone thingy in the 80's buzz my home in the desert at 3 a.m. and remembering him saying he was in my area back then, part of a program looking for "good dreamers."

So much fit with the history of ufos ... and even though he said no aliens from other solar systems were involved, he also said there were offworld humans, forgotten histories and that everything was energy, so it left room for all the other historical strangeness.

So while I won't know for sure until they turn off their active camo and reveal themselves, I certainly hold that story as the most likely one I've encountered in 40 years of searching.

But yeah... try explaining that to the average wage slave... it's alienating!

I agree with you basically on all counts.

I’ve forever had an interest in the subject of space and space exploration. I grew up with Star Trek - never been as interested in Star Wars - and wanted nothing more than to be a member of Starfleet. Been following the subject ever since and in meaningful depth for a couple years now. Of all the commentary I’ve read, Astr0’s makes the most sense. I even stumbled across this after reading his thread again:

www.medicaldaily.com...

Just adds more cred to Astr0s post for me.

The point made above is the comment about energy. It’s really true - everything is about energy. We need more energy to advance and use tech, to travel the stars, to play sports, to just wake up and to connect with other people - energy is the thing and Astr0 nailed that.

After reading some of the posts here and thinking about it more - i think i’d want to be like Aste0 to know the truth. Live in a world without conflict between countries, be valued for contributions that are pursuing higher consciousness and happiness, experience other forms of life and represent the human race - the good stuff. I’m good at being a wage slave but only because that’s really the only game in town. If the bogey became something else I’d figure that out. So I’d like to go out “there”. There’s more to this existence than what our daily is - I’m virtually certain - or just very hopeful.

Maybe the whole notion of “Starfleet” actually nailed it. Or as Picard mentioned “We don’t have money in the 24th century - we evolved to pursue things for the betterment of humanity” or something to that effect.

Perhaps Gene Roddenberry was an RK!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm on a phone - so click on the person shaped icon under my avatar and look at my threads. The one starting with Black Triangles. Just know it meanders all over the place and the people thinking it was a joke take too much space saying that but there are very interesting posts there.

And yes. I like to think I have some discernment and that tale just didn't have the usual BS markers. The trained technicians who told me it might be valid held some weight too. The personal testimony almost sealed it for me ... but we can't really know as it is tertiary info.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yup. It's been on my mind since 2014 and there have been so many validations that I lose track. But yes, Gene Roddenberry might've had contacts. I sorta hope it's true, except for the left behind part and being ruled by monsters.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I think you're hitting on something that is very close to the core of all of this; UFO's, Aliens, the existence of life outside our planetary space period. Look at our world. We are just not ready to confront the probable reality that, sight unseen, might exist all around us without us noticing. We can't even tolerate people having different skin pigmentation or worshiping different invisible beings in the sky - Oh also we still worship invisible beings in the sky. Right wrong or indifferent, our world would probably collapse entirely if the populace at large learned the truth. If I knew the truth and could prove it? I'd probably do everything in my power to prevent anyone else from finding out, and if there was some super secret agency out there protecting us from such a revelation (hint: there is...), I'd probably want to join them.

Sometimes I'll just silently observe people and really just listen to them interact with each other, then I try to imagine them hearing/seeing/discovering the truth. The reactions I imagine? Most of the time they make my skin crawl. I'd keep it to myself and maybe try to parlay my discovery into hitching a ride off this rock.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join