It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it say that most patent applications come from the east?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

International patent applications filed from Asia exceeded half the world total for the first time in 2018, thanks to significant growth from China, India and South Korea. The landmark shows that Asian companies and institutions are rapidly increasing their presence in global innovation.
link

Yes, this thread is a cheap shot in response to What does it say that most technological breakthrough happens in the west.

ETA:

How China the copycat became a tech giant to rival the US
edit on 8-7-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

The US is still #1 from the article. Asia includes many races, not just Chinese and there are western style governments in there as well. There is an uptick though from the article but it does not address patents between different governments.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I do not consider it a cheap shot really.. Would very much have liked your findings presented in my thread so other people could comment to your finding too after reading what is said in my thread. But hey..you got to do what you got to do...it is a free world...in the west.

But back to your thread...

What does it say that most patent applications come from the east? It does say that most people who applied their patent had their education in the west..?

The other thread..

edit on 8/7/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Your opening post seemed simplistic to me. My own thread was equally reductive in an attempt to ironically hold up a mirror. In a sense it was meant as a call for more nuanced and thorough opening posts in general. It is obvious that my feeble attempt misfired and for that I have only myself to blame. The topic of your thread is an interesting one and some very good points have been raised by others some of which I think should have been part of the OP to begin with.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have several patents big and small, a few in production most not. There are a lot of people with a lot of patents because they do more paperwork applying for them than real work. I personally have worked with Engineers that once I got to know them I had to hand them off and their patent numbers wee a big trading point. Meeting sitters and doing patent paperwork useless as a real engineer.
Just my 0.02 on patents and with all those people I'm sure there's ones just like I described and some company's love their patents.

top topics

join