It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Documentary On Sumerian Firsts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Sumerians are credited with first introducing Agriculture, Astronomy, Religion amongst many others.

This Documentary lists some of the most important contributions the Sumerians made.

The Sumerians ascribed their knowledge and Civilization to the Anunnaki Gods.

Whether these were literal beings or not is a contested issue.

There is also the question of the Sumerian Savants like Adapa who passed on this knowledge from the Anunnaki to the people after spending time in the 'abode' of the Gods.

What do we make of this?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Watch Star Trek....note the Prime Directive...now envision yourself one of maybe a few million ragged starving sick dieing humans scattered in extremely small groups after Earth and We are struck by a near ELE event that brings waters over all Continents restructuring the entire Planet in the process......and a couple of Deep Undergropund Bunkers survive...and those people REFUSE TO HELP ANYONE BASED UPON THEIR OWN VERSION OF THE PRIME DIRECTIVE.

NOw envision those same small groups of people choosing to become GODS AND KINGS OR EVEN GOD-kINGS….

Only 2 GENERATIONS AFTER NEARLY ALL PEOPLE ARE WIPED FROM THE PLANET there will be no teaching of the written language no books and no education no recordings of the past no available leftover technology to refer to....people will be reverted in EXTREMELY SMALL TRIBE SIZED GROUPS back to Stone Age conditions with NO MEMORY OF ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN CARNAGE AND DESTITUTION....in a world devastated like this with no available resources and no technology PEOPLE EMERGING FROM THEIR HIDING SPOTS WOULD BE VIEWED AS GODS WITH A 100 PERCENT SURETY.

A Group like this with foresight and proper planning could position themselves to REPEAT the cycle as they emerge as gods over and over...maintaining control of humanity for Eons.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Watch Star Trek....note the Prime Directive...now envision yourself one of maybe a few million ragged starving sick dieing humans scattered in extremely small groups after Earth and We are struck by a near ELE event that brings waters over all Continents restructuring the entire Planet in the process......and a couple of Deep Undergropund Bunkers survive...and those people REFUSE TO HELP ANYONE BASED UPON THEIR OWN VERSION OF THE PRIME DIRECTIVE.

NOw envision those same small groups of people choosing to become GODS AND KINGS OR EVEN GOD-kINGS….

Only 2 GENERATIONS AFTER NEARLY ALL PEOPLE ARE WIPED FROM THE PLANET there will be no teaching of the written language no books and no education no recordings of the past no available leftover technology to refer to....people will be reverted in EXTREMELY SMALL TRIBE SIZED GROUPS back to Stone Age conditions with NO MEMORY OF ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN CARNAGE AND DESTITUTION....in a world devastated like this with no available resources and no technology PEOPLE EMERGING FROM THEIR HIDING SPOTS WOULD BE VIEWED AS GODS WITH A 100 PERCENT SURETY.

A Group like this with foresight and proper planning could position themselves to REPEAT the cycle as they emerge as gods over and over...maintaining control of humanity for Eons.

Noted...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Once again pointing out that, since Sumerian cuneiform is the oldest verifiable written language, ascribing several of those "inventions" to the Sumerians assumes nobody was doing this before. With no written record, that simply can't be known.

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vhedza
I have often pondered how such a civilization got into astronomy. I can understand the summer and winter soltist for planting and harvesting. But all the legends of the planets. who looks into the sky sees stars and turn them into planets. Were these folk sitting around making up stories? Does the native americans have such a complex view If not why? Someone had to clue them in on the stars being planets

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes, to all of it, except this . This is more than just a simple yes.

The above comes from Anu and his decree that humans are not worthy of anything more. The decree of the secrets of heaven and earth shall not be shared with us. Its this secret that allowes the cycles to continue. Once the vail is pulled back and this "Group" of very long lived and knowledable people are exposed to the greater world, the cycles will end.

They are a secret society that have spawn the concept to others in order to control mankind from behind the vail. But I suspect they do this, not out of love of Anu, but of fear. They were allowed to keep the "Golden Apple", as a bribe, not of love.

They are not aliens, they are our long lost family. I wish them well, in their choices.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
I have often pondered how such a civilization got into astronomy. I can understand the summer and winter soltist for planting and harvesting. But all the legends of the planets. who looks into the sky sees stars and turn them into planets. Were these folk sitting around making up stories? Does the native americans have such a complex view If not why? Someone had to clue them in on the stars being planets

Precisely...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

The above comes from Anu and his decree that humans are not worthy of anything more. The decree of the secrets of heaven and earth shall not be shared with us. Its this secret that allowes the cycles to continue. Once the vail is pulled back and this "Group" of very long lived and knowledable people are exposed to the greater world, the cycles will end.

They are a secret society that have spawn the concept to others in order to control mankind from behind the vail. But I suspect they do this, not out of love of Anu, but of fear. They were allowed to keep the "Golden Apple", as a bribe, not of love.

They are not aliens, they are our long lost family. I wish them well, in their choices.

I can understand what you are saying from the perspective that the Anunnaki were Technocrats.

Such a conclusion however means we must accept that a group of Technocrats possessing superior knowledge brought about Civilization as we know it.

I think the word 'Alien' puts a lot of people off, in reality if the Anunnaki did in-fact exist, the proper term for them should be 'Extraterrestrial Technocrats' because that is what they really were.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That was a fantastic video.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

That was a fantastic video.

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome...There's a lot of serious research into the AAT which people need to really consider in my view.

I have a few up my sleeve from my research and will regularly share them.

The entire 'Kingdoms Of Sumeria' series is great.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vhedza
The Sumerians ascribed their knowledge and Civilization to the Anunnaki Gods.

i see it mentions "Gilgamesh". Well he went down to Tartarus where the the world is dark. This video seems to make everything jolly. However, when one descends to that prison, it is not jolly at all.

It mentions "They used a base 60 like we use base 10." hmmmmhe the rephaim (giants / eternally dead) are born with six digits on their hands and feet (toes and fingers).

i assummed the circle was based in 360 degrees because 360 is a good number for multiple dividends like 360, 60, 12, 5, 6, 2 etc before going into fractions.

This video makes them so magnificent, however, these entities who existed during the era of Enoch are fallen and destined for Tartarus.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vhedza

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

I can understand what you are saying from the perspective that the Anunnaki were Technocrats.

Such a conclusion however means we must accept that a group of Technocrats possessing superior knowledge brought about Civilization as we know it.

I think the word 'Alien' puts a lot of people off, in reality if the Anunnaki did in-fact exist, the proper term for them should be 'Extraterrestrial Technocrats' because that is what they really were.

"Technologically Advance Ancient Culture (Species)" TAC, for short. I would think would be more applicable. Yes, my term

From the scant information I have read on it, it does have its limitations. It seems that their "Tech" is based in the Biological, rather than our tech based in metals. And that is why they had the ability to modify our ancestors.

Yes, I don't like the term "Aliens" either. True "Aliens" would have probably knocked on the door, sort of speaking, to introduce themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

No ancient Mesopotamians thought that the planets were what we today think of as a planet.
They thought they were stars.

But they noticed that there were certain stars that moved in relation to the rest of the stars, so they figured those were special.
Not the kind of thing today's average Joe would even notice. But, of course, back then there were no cellphones and "Game of Thrones" hadn't premiered.
Nothing else to do at night but watch the light show.

Harte

top topics

join