It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No new threads help please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I just wanted to ask if there is something odd going on with my account or if it's the same for everyone.
Basically it seems that the 'live' feed seems to be stuck with mostly old threads.
Yes, I have the odd 'newish' thread turn up but for example the first column looks exactly like it did about a week ago apart from two new threads.
Now I am checking on here every day normally and these things normally change pretty quickly. Daily I would say or even hourly, bar a few.

Is it that there are no new threads or why is this so weird?
I also don't seem to be able to use the 'dropdown arrow' on the top that will lead me to my posts. It's just not reacting to my clicks.

Can anyone help or explain, or has anyone else got these problems?

Just want to know if this is a technical problem or something else.

ETA: Forget about the dropdown arrow, it works today. Didn't yesterday.

edit on 8-7-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Same for me, I think it's like this since the update last week. The live page isn't updating.

The dropdown arrow has never worked for me when on the mainpage, but it does work from a thread.
edit on 8/7/2019 by chrismir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismir

Ah, good to know that I am not the only one. You are right with the dropdown arrow only working from a thread.
Out of interest, does my post appear on you life feed? It doesn't on mine.

Does anyone know about this and are they doing something to fix this?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Last new thread on my live page is 'Silent rotor technology' from jul, 4th. I found your thread on the 'new' page.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
IDK if it is just the "live"page or the whole site. I haven't seen a new thread in almost 8 hours today/tonight. Last night it was the same, no new threads for almost 10 hours and they were all earthquake or UFO for some reason - and the threads were mostly total BS.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

For what it's worth, I just checked my Live page, and it's doing the same as yours. All old posts. I follow the New page, so I hadn't noticed the problem before. New page seems to be working okay.

I'm on a desktop, not a phone, if that makes a difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
OK, it seems to affect more people. That makes me feel a little better. Hope they sort it out soon.

Have to go to 'new' then for now.

Are there any mods that could explain?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
OK, it seems to affect more people. That makes me feel a little better. Hope they sort it out soon.

Have to go to 'new' then for now.

Are there any mods that could explain?

It's the same for everyone. There was a thread about it where someone mentioned an error in the code since the update. No idea why TPTB don't fix it or put an alert on the page. It's just hanging out frozen in time, lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I've never used the "LIVE" option. What's the difference between it and "NEW"? Did "Live" originally link to some kind of video or radio thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Purpapengus

To me I used to use the 'live' page because it is pleasing to the eye and has more threads visible, dunno, looks like more choice I guess. I never used the 'new' but will now.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this issue here.

Yes, it's universal. It's been going on pretty much since that last major software upgrade.

My understanding is that it's President Trump's fault due to his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic policies and little miss Ocasio-Cortez will be on the scene to fix it anytime now. Just another indication of the urgency of impeachment!
edit on 2019 7 08 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

My understanding is that it's President Trump's fault due to his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic policies... Just another indication of the urgency of impeachment!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Apparently "live" is dead...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We have got JohnnyAnonymouse (moderator) on that case. And he said he will be notifying Springer and SO. So at least know that they understand of the problems existence now.
This Thread has the most concise updates about it in the same spot as when they did the upgrades fixes week which intriduced this new problem.

I'm guessing that took a fair chunk of time/work to complete. And with the quakes also playing a part, it might be a while until it gets sorted.

But for those of us feeling a little lost. All we can do is *hug*, set off fireworks, vacuum the lawns or whatever else works to get through the day

edit on 8-7-2019 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Unacceptable! I need my live fix... now!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
There's already a thread on this issue here.

Yes, it's universal. It's been going on pretty much since that last major software upgrade.

My understanding is that it's President Trump's fault due to his racist, misogynistic and xenophobic policies and little miss Ocasio-Cortez will be on the scene to fix it anytime now. Just another indication of the urgency of impeachment!

Ha, I never saw that thread because of glancing only at the 'live' page, seeing there was nothing new and then leaving this site. I have to say my CT mind did think it was due to some nefarious reason ;D

new topics

top topics

join