It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Fans? CBS Sunday Morning Interview With Band Still Touring After 50 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I remember as a twelve year old, learning the chords from several America tunes that were constantly being played on the radio. This was back in 1973 and songs like Sandman, A Horse With No Name, I Need You and Ventura Highway was constantly being played on the radio. I used to record the songs off the radio on a portable Panasonic cassette recorder and play it over and over and over, until I figured out the song. That capstan motor sure got a workout back then! Those were some fun days.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Great choice and music.
I'm always getting them confused with "We're an American Band" by Grand Funk Railroad... stupid I know.

m.youtube.com...

S&F

Edit: America, horse with no name..
m.youtube.com...

edit on 7-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good music memories for me from my early childhood. I like their attitude and how they were pretty humble about it all.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Really enjoyed the video! It's always good to see that great bands are still together after all these years.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was a rock n Roller back then, but, I really enjoyed their music! Lots of great feelings and memories just streamed back with the video! Thanks so much!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Such a killer group. Tin Man is one of my all time faves.

The 3 guys responsible for this band were all Military kids I’m pretty sure. Gotta be a conspiracy in there somewhere! Also, Phil Hartman did the artwork for the greatest hits album.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I like how they called themselves " America " but they where actually formed in England.

George Martin ( he of The Beatles fame ) produced some of their early albums.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

join