It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Gov Declares State of Emergency for Independence & Day After Quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Notice MSM are peculiarly pushing the idea that smaller quakes no longer reduces tension buildup.

That instead, now small quakes lead to larger ones.

Read more about it here:

www.latimes.com...

4th of July earthquake won’t delay the Big One. And it might have worsened quake strain

It’s wishful thinking to imagine that, as a rule, earthquakes “relieve” seismic stress, said seismologist Lucy Jones.

It's wishful think to imagine? What does that even mean??

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Theres no State if Energancy Hes just trying to get Fedaral money .

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So his declaration is void? How so??

www.ktvu.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

I live here in So Cal , I can assure you everything is functioning normally.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I live here in So Cal , I can assure you everything is functioning normally.

Denial is so sad and all part of being in a State of Emergency.

Now please stop living in your home and demand a new shelter for yourself.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I heard that as well, it's all about the cash.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Rock slides closed roads, cutting off the population of about 1,500. Electricity was lost, then restored. Drinking water was lost and is being trucked in as temperatures hover in the 90s.

Power out and no running water. That's normal?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

For California?

It's not abnormal.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

After an earthquake that shifted the ground 6 feet laterally? You really think that water and power lines aren't going to suffer any damage?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
ktla.com...

The quake was centered 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Ridgecrest, the same area of the desert where a magnitude 6.4 temblor hit Thursday. It left behind cracked and burned buildings, broken roads, obstructed railroad tracks and leaking water and gas lines.

Officials were quick to repair since day one. These folks were fast and fearless. I expected months of repair.

Granted Ridgecrest isn't a vast metropolis... the local government were and are acting faster than I've seen most in years.
I gotta applaud them all. Residents to.. OMG

👏👏👏

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
www.usatoday.com...

Rock slides closed roads, cutting off the population of about 1,500. Electricity was lost, then restored. Drinking water was lost and is being trucked in as temperatures hover in the 90s.

For a whopping 1500 people. And the power was restored. And they've got water. It's an inconvenience for 1500 people because they were without power for a few hours. That is not a "disaster" and the only reason the governor declared such is so he can milk the federal coffers.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: letni
www.usatoday.com...

For a whopping 1500 people. And the power was restored. And they've got water. It's an inconvenience for 1500 people because they were without power for a few hours. That is not a "disaster" and the only reason the governor declared such is so he can milk the federal coffers.

If that's the case, he better be careful-- the Universe will show him a state of emergency for real. Be careful what you ask for!

new topics

top topics

join