It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wallpaper Moments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ever stop what you are doing and just look around and be caught off guard by what is right in front of you?

See something from your window when you are driving and miss the photo op?

My wife calls those "wallpaper moments"...

Something you see that is pretty enough to make into a wallpaper for your tablet.

Here's what I'm looking at while eating lunch in North Dakota...

Crunched into a .gif and had to resize the heck out of it, but you get the idea.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Lumenari because: cropped to fit better

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Reminds me of windows XP.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
so rich, just beautiful!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Very cool

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Reminds me of windows XP.

Oh snap!

Maybe that's why it looked familiar...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I want to visit South Kadota.
edit on 7-7-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That is beautiful. Sometimes we are so caught up in the daily grind, work, social media, and the news cycle that now moves at light speed, that we forget to sit back and see how amazingly beautiful things can be all around us. I lived out in north east Montana for a year, and it had some of the most stunning views I have ever seen. Not to mention the star gazing........miss it a bit sometimes tbh

edit on pm77201919America/Chicago07p05pm by annoyedpharmacist because: added comma

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I hear south dakota sucks. North Dakota up near the Williston or Dickinson areas are much much nicer. More job opportunities also.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

You are exactly correct... the Bakken oilfield.

Although the winters in both states can really suck...

South Dakota just sucks.

The summers are nice here.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I work here 21 days out of the month but live in NW Montana.

The night skies in Montana are.... stunning.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And they are even getting gig internet soon 1000 down and 200 up.

Summers are awesome. But if it weren't for the wonderfully cold miserable winters, would summer be so beautiful?

I will take it all.

Now if you guys up in that oil territory didn't distort the wages so much for everyone else in surrounding areas.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I'd like to visit both Dakotas.

But I was referencing an old movie line, but no one seems to have gotten it.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

And they are even getting gig internet soon 1000 down and 200 up.

Summers are awesome. But if it weren't for the wonderfully cold miserable winters, would summer be so beautiful?

I will take it all.

Now if you guys up in that oil territory didn't distort the wages so much for everyone else in surrounding areas.

Not me... I live 800 miles from here.

Where I live looks more like this...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Now that’s beautiful.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Very true.

When I got sober (going on 7 years now) I remember sitting in the park with my kids playing around in a field.
Just sitting in the grass watching them play for the first time with a clear head... it was too much for me.
I remember running my hands through the grass thinking what a perfect moment it was.
To finally see the world again and all it’s beauty.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Admittedly, I live in South Dakota on the eastern side of the state. We are flat flat flat but with a beautiful view of the sky. I actually love it here but wish I could somehow mix some mountainous terrain in with our scenery, just a little bit as long as it didn't increase our population.

And didn't you mention something about having the position of hiring up in that area? That would allude to some type of correlation with the outrageous salaries you pay out.

to watchitburn: If you are ever planning to travel to this area, throw me a line.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Admittedly, I live in South Dakota on the eastern side of the state. We are flat flat flat but with a beautiful view of the sky. I actually love it here but wish I could somehow mix some mountainous terrain in with our scenery, just a little bit as long as it didn't increase our population.

And didn't you mention something about having the position of hiring up in that area? That would allude to some type of correlation with the outrageous salaries you pay out.

to watchitburn: If you are ever planning to travel to this area, throw me a line.

It's not an outrageous salary for the area, tbh.

Last I heard McDonald's starts at $20 an hour.

But no, I'm not stupid enough to live here... the cost of living is steep.

Sorry I punked you out on the South Dakota thing though... it's just what everyone that works here from SD says so I assumed...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh man, no worries at all. I think most of us living here tell everyone we meet that SD sucks balls. Until we get to know them and realize they are not part of the PC/SJW horde, then we change our tune. Better to play it safe from the start though.

Feel free to rib on me whenever you want. I love honest feedback and respect your opinion.

And thank you for reminding me why I love it so much here. Errrrr, I mean THIS PLACE SUCKS.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Oh man, no worries at all. I think most of us living here tell everyone we meet that SD sucks balls. Until we get to know them and realize they are not part of the PC/SJW horde, then we change our tune. Better to play it safe from the start though.

Feel free to rib on me whenever you want. I love honest feedback and respect your opinion.

And thank you for reminding me why I love it so much here. Errrrr, I mean THIS PLACE SUCKS.

What's really funny?

We tell people visiting Montana that it sucks (horrible winters, no electricity for months on end, no malls, wolves eat you in the winter) and there is no more available land to buy, but we hear that South Dakota is nice...

We've probably been sending liberal land buyers to each other.

ETA... we even got the bumper sticker for ND...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

OMG...you dirty son of a ..........

We just got paved roads last year. We are still trying to transition from horse and buggy. Indoor plumbing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join