It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook bans Ukrainian ultra-right

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ScepticScot

If you can agree that not Everyone censored on Facebook is a fascist, but still defend Facebook then you just might be part of the problem

There are lots reasons people get banned by Facebook. Some of which I may agree with some I may not.

Doesn't change the right of a private company to decide what it publishes on it's web site. Since you are posting on ATS which has similar t&cs are you part of the problem?

Of course companies have the right to free speech and can publish what they wish. It’s just a little weird people defend the free speech rights of massive corporations while saying little of the free speech for the average citizen.

Right to free speech is not right to a Facebook account.

Legislation preventing people from expressing or publishing opinions is being against free speech.

Forcing people to express or publish opinions they disagree with is also being against free speech.

That’s right. So it’s ironic that governments, such as the EU, are threatening Facebook with stiff penalties if they allow certain content on their platform, effectively forcing them to not publish. So not only is facebook’s free speech violated, but so are the people they censor.

I don't agree with governments regulating what is acceptable speech other than where there is incitement to violence or similar.

Private individuals and companies the other hand can and should show judgement on what support they give to extremists.

I don’t think refusing to censor someone constitutes support, but maybe.

Facebook provides a platform to publish views and also provides messaging and other services.

Providing this service to fascists absolutely is supporting them.

That’s simply untrue.

How? If you deliver messages or publish the views of any group you are providing support to them.

It doesn't mean you support those views but you do support their ability to disseminate those views.

Does the UK support the BNP for letting them run in elections?

As already said there is a difference between. Government and private actions.

I don't think The BNP should be banned from running in ejections .

I do think private individuals and companies should choose not to support them by providing web services, printing leaflets etc.

The UK gov supports the BNP? Crazy.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ScepticScot

If you can agree that not Everyone censored on Facebook is a fascist, but still defend Facebook then you just might be part of the problem

There are lots reasons people get banned by Facebook. Some of which I may agree with some I may not.

Doesn't change the right of a private company to decide what it publishes on it's web site. Since you are posting on ATS which has similar t&cs are you part of the problem?

Of course companies have the right to free speech and can publish what they wish. It’s just a little weird people defend the free speech rights of massive corporations while saying little of the free speech for the average citizen.

Right to free speech is not right to a Facebook account.

Legislation preventing people from expressing or publishing opinions is being against free speech.

Forcing people to express or publish opinions they disagree with is also being against free speech.

That’s right. So it’s ironic that governments, such as the EU, are threatening Facebook with stiff penalties if they allow certain content on their platform, effectively forcing them to not publish. So not only is facebook’s free speech violated, but so are the people they censor.

I don't agree with governments regulating what is acceptable speech other than where there is incitement to violence or similar.

Private individuals and companies the other hand can and should show judgement on what support they give to extremists.

I don’t think refusing to censor someone constitutes support, but maybe.

Facebook provides a platform to publish views and also provides messaging and other services.

Providing this service to fascists absolutely is supporting them.

That’s simply untrue.

How? If you deliver messages or publish the views of any group you are providing support to them.

It doesn't mean you support those views but you do support their ability to disseminate those views.

Does the UK support the BNP for letting them run in elections?

As already said there is a difference between. Government and private actions.

I don't think The BNP should be banned from running in ejections .

I do think private individuals and companies should choose not to support them by providing web services, printing leaflets etc.

The UK gov supports the BNP? Crazy.

How are you getting that?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Malisa

Clearly my issue is right there in plain text.

You even quoted me.

Try comprehending what you read.

My reply was very specific, obviously i understood what you mean.

You decided to completely ignore what i asked and go with a blanket statement that distracts from what i questioned

Too bad

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

C'mon, I freely admit there is a far-right full of KKK types and neo-nazis who actually do exist though their numbers are greatly exaggerated imo. Why can't the left admit nearly all their politics are based on racial preferences and protection of special classes?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join