It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook bans Ukrainian ultra-right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: ScepticScot

Speakers Corner near Regents Park. Does it still exist?

It would be boring and defeat the purpose if they just allowed one ideology to speak.

Speakers corner isn't privately owned.

Would you mandate that private companies have publish opinions they disagree with?

No.

I'm not an authoritarian douche like those companies.

I prefer to fight speech in which I disagree with, with more speech, not less.

But I will use my free expression to point out and illustrate the hypocrisy and fascism being promoted and defended on the internet.

Facebook wasn't promoting facism, it was banning fascists from its site.

Choosing not to support fascism isn't a form of fascism.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Censorship is a tool of fascists

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Censorship is a tool of fascists

Not providing an online platform for fascists isn't however.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So everyone censored from Facebook is a fascist.

Lol

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So everyone censored from Facebook is a fascist.

Lol

No.

However you must want to check the topic of this thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you can agree that not Everyone censored on Facebook is a fascist, but still defend Facebook then you just might be part of the problem

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

If you can agree that not Everyone censored on Facebook is a fascist, but still defend Facebook then you just might be part of the problem

There are lots reasons people get banned by Facebook. Some of which I may agree with some I may not.

Doesn't change the right of a private company to decide what it publishes on it's web site. Since you are posting on ATS which has similar t&cs are you part of the problem?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I have yet to be censored here

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That sounds like a good idea, shoving the “ultra right” out of sight out of mind. I guess they shouldn’t be exposed.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I have yet to be censored here

Haven't seen Les Mis post recently...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There are lots reasons people get banned by Facebook. Some of which I may agree with some I may not.

Doesn't change the right of a private company to decide what it publishes on it's web site. Since you are posting on ATS which has similar t&cs are you part of the problem?

Of course companies have the right to free speech and can publish what they wish. It’s just a little weird people defend the free speech rights of massive corporations while saying little of the free speech for the average citizen.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

Of course companies have the right to free speech and can publish what they wish. It’s just a little weird people defend the free speech rights of massive corporations while saying little of the free speech for the average citizen.

Right to free speech is not right to a Facebook account.

Legislation preventing people from expressing or publishing opinions is being against free speech.

Forcing people to express or publish opinions they disagree with is also being against free speech.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Legislation preventing people from expressing or publishing opinions is being against free speech.

Forcing people to express or publish opinions they disagree with is also being against free speech.

That’s right. So it’s ironic that governments, such as the EU, are threatening Facebook with stiff penalties if they allow certain content on their platform, effectively forcing them to not publish. So not only is facebook’s free speech violated, but so are the people they censor.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That’s right. So it’s ironic that governments, such as the EU, are threatening Facebook with stiff penalties if they allow certain content on their platform, effectively forcing them to not publish. So not only is facebook’s free speech violated, but so are the people they censor.

I don't agree with governments regulating what is acceptable speech other than where there is incitement to violence or similar.

Private individuals and companies the other hand can and should show judgement on what support they give to extremists.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I don't agree with governments regulating what is acceptable speech other than where there is incitement to violence or similar.

Private individuals and companies the other hand can and should show judgement on what support they give to extremists.

I don’t think refusing to censor someone constitutes support, but maybe.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Facebook provides a platform to publish views and also provides messaging and other services.

Providing this service to fascists absolutely is supporting them.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Facebook provides a platform to publish views and also provides messaging and other services.

That’s simply untrue.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That’s simply untrue.

How? If you deliver messages or publish the views of any group you are providing support to them.

It doesn't mean you support those views but you do support their ability to disseminate those views.
edit on 8-7-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

That’s simply untrue.

How? If you deliver messages or publish the views of any group you are providing support to them.

It doesn't mean you support those views but you do support their ability to disseminate those views.

Does the UK support the BNP for letting them run in elections?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That’s simply untrue.

Does the UK support the BNP for letting them run in elections?

As already said there is a difference between. Government and private actions.

I don't think The BNP should be banned from running in ejections .

I do think private individuals and companies should choose not to support them by providing web services, printing leaflets etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join