It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor in 2019 Epstein Case Is Maurene Comey, Daughter of Fired FBI Director James Comey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...
‘LONG TIME COMING’
Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Sex Trafficking of Minors
Jeffrey Epstein is being held at the federal lockup in Manhattan, according to law enforcement sources.

Pervaiz Shallwani,
Kate Briquelet,
Harry Siegel
Updated 07.07.19 2:37PM ET / Published 07.06.19 7:53PM ET

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

This guy would not last in a Federal prison. He'll either fight the charges to the tilt or make a plea deal leading to more arrest. I assume he will fight. No way to prove what these women are saying. A jury would cut him loose.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Nancy Pelosi's DAUGHTER says some "favorites" are going to be implicated in the Epstein case.

Christine Pelosi says Ohhh Sh'it!: www.redstate.com...

WHO would be "favorites" in Christine Pelosi's eyes?

I saw that too... "Faves" sure seems an odd choice of words doesn't it? I could see "prominent names" or "major players" or even something like that.

But "faves"? Just seems very odd choice of words.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: CharlesT

This guy would not last in a Federal prison. He'll either fight the charges to the tilt or make a plea deal leading to more arrest. I assume he will fight. No way to prove what these women are saying. A jury would cut him loose.

He'd never end up in general population -- no way! Too much money and too many connections.

He'd go to Club Fed for sure. Minimum security. No hard time for him.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I swear this has got to be a last ditch effort to get Trump, whom i think flew back home once on epsteins dirty plane.

I wonder if this is in connection somehow with the Italian ring that just got busted.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

They pulled a lot of photos from his computer at his home.
Lots of photos of teens which they confiscated so I do not know that they are relying on specific testimony alone.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The turn around and revolving door of appointees in the trump administration and the number of people who have left in disgrace clearly shows that no such vetting takes place within the trump white house.
The evidence speaks for itself. You can't spin this away.
If anything it's almost as if nefarious behavior is a prerequisite for consideration.
Everybody in his inner circle seems to be a slimeball.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

I swear this has got to be a last ditch effort to get Trump...

It very well could be. But it would be quite a risk too. It seems to me that it would damn hard to implicate Trump but not implicate Bill Clinton in the process. Unless they don't care about Clinton(s) going down too. Or maybe it's an effort to kill two (three?) birds with one stone. I have no doubt there are many in the party who would love to be done with the Clintons.

At the same time, the Feds have mastered the never-ending persecutions as well. This could easily drag out for years, with motions from each side dragging the process out. And in the meantime, it would be like the sword of Damocles over Trumps presidency.

Perhaps a way of telling Trump, "You lay off Comey and we'll lay off Epstein, and therefore you." But if so, it's really lame and desperate. Pretty sad if that's all they've got!

...whom i think flew back home once on epsteins dirty plane.

I just looked into this again, and from what I can find, yes, according to a deposition given by Epstein's brother, Trump once flew back to New York from Florida on Epstein's plane. But no record I can find that Trump ever flew to the island, or anywhere else, on the plane.

There was also an accusation/lawsuit from a woman that she was raped by Trump and Epstein on the island, but it is completely unsubstantiated, and the woman who filed cannot be reached at the address and phone number she provided. Trump's team is questioning if she even really exists.

I wonder if this is in connection somehow with the Italian ring that just got busted.

I've wondered as well, but I can't link the two for now. I've also wondered about the other recent cases -- NXIUM, Weiner, Weinstein -- all in the same district in New York. Is it even possible that there isn't some overlap?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

They pulled a lot of photos from his computer at his home.
Lots of photos of teens which they confiscated so I do not know that they are relying on specific testimony alone.

Thanks for adding that -- it's good to know and keep in mind.

A Miami Herald article reported that new witnesses and victims have come forward. It's possible that one of the new witnesses has new evidence -- maybe video or audio.

It seems to me, at this point, that either the Feds have something huge, or this is just all smoke and mirrors to continue protecting Epstein while pretending to do something... and possibly to intimidate/tarnish Trump in the process.

I'm hoping the arraignment hearing this morning will fill in some blanks in terms of where the prosecution is coming from and where they intend to go with this. Will they try to deny Epstein bail? It seems to me he's a flight risk...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If anything it's almost as if nefarious behavior is a prerequisite for consideration. Everybody in his inner circle seems to be a slimeball.

And/or someone is determined to recommend the worst people...

And/or someone is determined to stack the deck with their own people...

And/or Trump just trusts the wrong people...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Looks like live coverage of the Epstein hearing will start here in about ten minutes... about 15 minutes after the hour (depending on where you are):

Live feed

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Good UNROLLED THREAD discussing Mark Epstein deposition:
threadreaderapp.com...
edit on 8-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

And your source mentions the Pussyhat March to suggest that Mz Comey is a Lefty....

Not merely a lefty but a lefty woman who protested against trump on the first full day of his presidency in the"Womans March".
That is isolating her as a never trumper from the get go thereby allowing the proceedings to begin on a prejudicial footing. If it can be used to show that her investigation is biased all the better.

I do not understand this defensive language when this is not even about trump unless the author thinks that somehow trump will be implicated in this or can be shown to have some kind of relationship to Epstein. I did see them throw up a photo of Epstein and trump back in the nineties or early 2000s.
edit on 782019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thank you!

I'm waiting for the live feed of the hearing to start... hope you saw the link above

ETA: Grrrrr... my live feed isn't what I thought it was. Apparently 40 minutes until the hearing starts.
edit on 8-7-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

We have time to go out for bagels and coffee while we wait. In perfect NY fashion.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Good find.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Excellent idea! I don't even have to go out -- already have some

Best of all, I recently bought a new toaster oven with a "bagel" setting. It's awesome!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Apparently the indictment has not been unsealed yet -- I'm still listening and waiting! -- but CNN has someone at the court and is providing live updates:

Live Updates Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein expected to appear in court

I will update here too when it happens...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
After thinking about this for a little while...

Interesting paradox playing out here. The theme of Comey being assigned this case (or not recusing herself, either way), in an effort to make Dad look better, creates some interesting twists and turns now, doesn't it?

On the one hand, if she wants to make Dad look good, then she better nail Epstein's ass...to...the...wall! (like with a nail-gun). And, hope she can get a piece of Trump along with it.

On the other hand, if she let's Epstein slither away unscathed to protect the political douche bags involved in this, she'll look like the most bias federal prosecutor in the history of law (just like her Dad). And, she won't get a piece of Trump.

She can't have it both ways!

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Indictment is out... but not posted yet. Press conference at 11:00 AM EST...

Epstein will conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors...

So Epstein's not alone. A conspiracy requires other people...

More charges? More perps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join