It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Watch California and USA National Data Buoy Center Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In lieu of the two recent quakes in rural California I hope the big one doesn't happen but who knows. Back in May 14, 2019 it was reported out by one of those discredited web sites according to the MSM of a Buoy alert of an event. Correct, that was almost two months ago with 1000's of minor tremors and whatever since May 14, 2019 but here we are. That event article was not mentioned as to where their material came from but it came from the National Data Buoy Center.

An ocean data buoy is alerting to an “event” in the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the west coast of Oregon. This is where a magnitude 9 earthquake hit in 1700. According to the data buoy, the water column height (depth) fell sharply within minutes off the coast of Oregon, signaling the land beneath the ocean has suddenly “sunk.” Here are the graphs showing what the ocean data buoy recorded:

I am posting this link as a possible tool or aid for anyone who are in harms way.

National Data Bouy Center
edit on 7-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This has got The Day after tomorrow slapped all over it.
Good post 👍🏻

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That possible sinking event could be what is putting more stress on the fault lines. It may be something that needs more consideration. The quakes resulting wouldn't need to be immediate forming, it could take months to years to fully settle down. Meanwhile this could trigger quakes almost anywhere along that fault line. Funny I never heard anything about this anywhere when it happened, they probably did not want people to panic so they sort of discredited it as being any sort of a threat.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

This is particularly worriesome for my family. We are less than 2 hours from the Southern Oregon coast, less as a bird flies.

Tsunami, wouldnt affect us physically, but who knows what a mag 9 would do to the entire "State of Jefferson" N. Cali, S. Oregon) area.

Crecent City Ca.- Brookings Oregon were not permanently settled by Native Americans Ive been told, due to the semi frequency of massive Tsunamis

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Good Luck and the best of all for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I am surprised there are not any bouys in the gulf of Alaska? They don't show on the map.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That implies one buoy, so i am not buying it as a tectonic event. If it was registered by multiple buoys then it would be a totally different story.

One buoy alone though would far more likely either be weather related (storm), rogue wave or malfunctioning equipment.

Cool spot though.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Alaska is a huge place!

We have our own version of the NDBC with which we share our data:

Alaska Ocean Observing System.

Click the map link and it shows Prince William Sound (lots of traffic) but click the down arrow and zoom out to AK to see the Gulf and West Coast. The map even has the disclaimer, "Not all buoys operated by NDBC"

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you!

I bookmarked it!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I saw other software programs that were of the deep oceans and operated internationally. I didn't keep a track of that site but they do have other buoys out there.

new topics

top topics

join