It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is considered a Person of Color

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hmmm.
Wouldn't be much more willing, than to say that a 'person of color': is one that decides themself, to affix that label to themselves.

Otherwise: isn't it just judgement?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Dim Presidential candidate Kamala Harris wants to give BLACK people $100 Billion towards home ownership.

www.politico.com...

I don't think anyone will qualify. Even the darkest person isn't BLACK.

I think anyone who is truly BLACK in color should be given a free house, as should anyone who is truly WHITE. Such extreme freaks of nature should be given special treatment, as they must be sent by The Gods Themselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

When i get a tan i get mistaken for someone from the middle east , i do have ancestry from that part of the world but 8+ % of whites have black genes and the same in black people they have 8 % white genes in their group and it is not uncommon for babies to pop out different colours from their parents even when they have been faithful

Who cares any more

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well, the Democratic party had to change the term from "black" to "person of color" after they screwed over the black community in the 70's with political promises they never kept.

Then they could just lump in anyone else not white into their big tent of victims without leaving the blacks out.

It's just PC for "anyone being held down by the white man myth that we made up to get votes".

I personally find the term pretty offensive.

Full disclosure, I find the Democratic party pretty offensive now that I've left it so maybe it's just me.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure why I logged in for this but I just wanted to say that I ordered a Domino's Pizza so in roughly more than an hour I will most definitely be a person of color, most likely pale greenish.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I would think the resemblance to Edward Norton was your most striking feature

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The base focuses on color.

The leadership uses color as a tool to control the base .

They create an enemy ( this time it’s anyone white or right ) then let the hoards loose .

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions”
TS Eliot

They don’t care about character because they have been conditioned to think they are morally superior . For trying to make up for all the evil of the white man has done .

This is paraphrased and it came off justified. But I like it better .

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im 14% African. Can I have a free house too? Plus keep the one I already bought?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to: JAGStorm

I tell you what I have always cherished, blue eyed light haired fair skinned Latinos who could barely speak Spanish, but talk about white people as if they themselves did not fit the description?? I aman American of Colombian ancestry, living in Florida with mostly Cubans and Puerto Ricans. The Hispanic world is overwhelmingly what could be describeded as "white people". But it's so cute to see and hear brainwashed kids in highschool try to rationalize or say they are not because it's Urban contemporary to trash talk white folks.

News flash, Spain is from Europe, and destroyed more native blood in the Western hemisphere than the English or French ever did they spread with them those white jeans everybody is so scared of wearing lately 😂

Every human is a person of color, because nobody is opaque or translucent ahahaha 🤣

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Everybody who is not transcluscent is a person of color.....lol.

If you think that's fun try INDIGENOUS on for size....research the history of the word and how long it has existed... and how it is currently used or manipulated.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I'm really curious about this.

Is it merely a person that looks ethnic?

Is it a person that has ethnic ancestry?

Is it a person with one drop of non Caucasian blood?

Is it a person that associates and sees themselves as that race?

I'm directing this question mainly to those in the US, but for those not please feel free to chime in and give your opinion.

Every single person on earth.

It's just a matter of which color.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Okay I'll bite.

I generally think of 'a person of color' as an African American.

Edit - Wow am I the only one brave enough to say it? Am I politically incorrect? Maybe but maybe I don't give a damn.

Racist as f, smh

You must live in the deep south where them country boys are

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Okay I'll bite.

I generally think of 'a person of color' as an African American.

Edit - Wow am I the only one brave enough to say it? Am I politically incorrect? Maybe but maybe I don't give a damn.

So Asians, Indians, people of MIddle Eastern appearance, etc.. are exempt from being able to use the term to self identify?

That's racist.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: scolai

It’s any minority who wants to blame others for their shortcomings.
Are you a minority college student with no job?
You’re a person of color.
Are you a successful minority business owner?
You’re just a person like everyone else, making a life for yourself.

Generally I thought a well to do POC was called a coconut.. you know, dark on the outside, white on the inside.

Could just be a local thing...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

What does it matter?

Apparently it is going to matter more and more. I'm just curious where they draw the line. Right now it seems that most places don't. But there are a few that have been caught up in it like:

www.theatlantic.com...
A Man Says His DNA Test Proves He’s Black, and He’s Suing

Oh come now, this man is certainly a person of colour, when will this world stop discriminating against people, it's so so very sad..

Source
edit on 7-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A person of many color is gay, LGBT. A trans is still gay because they were a man or woman who's sexually attracted to people of the same sex. I've never heard of a male to female trans that was a lesbian and only attracted to women. A staight male who decided to be a female but wasn't gay so he converted into a lesbian.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MisterSpock

Dude looks somewhat pink to me MisterSpock.

They even make ginger hair dye these days. LoL

He's pretty "toned" for a ginger. I just posted it because he spoke of the everyday challenge of being a ginger.

If you need visual skin tone proof, look to those lovely irish ladies with their milk white skin and fiery red hair.

www.youtube.com...

Haha Love Tim, a very clever artist, and talented too..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: MisterSpock

But he is a Ginger

Does he dye his hair?

Just looks like some rando.

Like I said, the REAL ging is that pale white milky skin with fiery hair. For visual purposes.

That's because you simply live in your little box where anything outside of it, is just a rando...

Whiskey time, yet?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As nobody is transparent we are all people of colour. In the colour world, white light is made up of all colours and black is void of colour, so black people are more devoid of colour than white people. But really, we are all people of colour of some sort, just some are different shades and tones and those shades change with the season depending on how much sunshine you get on your skin.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I'm really curious about this.

Is it merely a person that looks ethnic?

Is it a person that has ethnic ancestry?

Is it a person with one drop of non Caucasian blood?

Is it a person that associates and sees themselves as that race?

I'm directing this question mainly to those in the US, but for those not please feel free to chime in and give your opinion.

This new world of political correctness has insisted that we are

ALL *colour blind*

nuff said?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join