It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Another Handout From Kamala Harris $100 Billion For Black Homeownership

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

You know that won't work because anyone who doesn't get instantly and miraculously and permanently "rich" enough for them to feel like they've been "made whole" (whatever that means) will then still be victims of the oppressive white supremacist system of the US.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Democratic candidates exploring reparations for descendants of slaves

Kamala Harris $100 Billion For Black Homeownership

Today Another Handout

Very subtle.

I'll just leave this right there.

smh

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

So please explain to us why it's a good idea to take people who are in Section 8 housing, meaning they cannot afford standard monthly rent so they need it subsidized, and pay for their down payment and closing costs, so they can help themselves to a monthly mortgage without subsidy for the next 30 years.

That, to me, seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have changed my min. Let's do it. With the one condition that the race card can never again be played.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just give them all free homes in Detroit. Price is less than 25k so it'll be a cost savings.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Create job programs for skilled labor. TEACH people skills that are needed now and in the future.

That implies the persons actually want to work at a skill to support their life.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Create job programs for skilled labor. TEACH people skills that are needed now and in the future.

That implies the persons actually want to work at a skill to support their life.

Don't give them a choice. Can they work? If the answer is yes, let's find something they can do.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's a great idea to create jobs and more taxes. As a landlord for 40+ years I know people will not have money or knowledge to take care of the homes for homies. The government will again step in to fix and repair them $$$. I see a lot of new small businesses popping up.

Lawn mowing??

Taxes??

General repairs??

Not to mention this will wipe out the market for homes in the $80k- $125k market. Some will go up to be in the max range some will come down that were too high anyway.

edit on 8-7-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Some people do not want "something they can do".

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Edumakated

That's insane!

They cannot make more than $148K?
Isn't that kinda pushing the envelope?
When I see neighborhoods with $275K houses, I see well taken care of homes with nice landscaping.
Nice furniture is needed as they are often 2000 sq ft and more.
Taxes are high so the kids can have a chance at learning.....and police and fire protection doens't come cheap.

That all takes money.

If it costs the new owner so little....where is their real commitment...and how can they afford to maintain the home???
Hell refrigerators cost more than their commitment!!?!?!!!

This is a government and leftist lobbyist problem. Banks would never make these kinds of loans on their own. The government regulators care more about ensuring "equity" than credit risk. A big part of banking is appeasing the regulators because of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) from the 70s when there was very real discrimination. Trust me, when I tell you there is ZERO discrimination in banking in this day and age. Government audits banks and if they find they aren't offering services available to all, they will find them in violation. Sometimes you can get better deals on mortgages if you live in underrepresented zip codes/metropolitan statistical areas because the banks are trying to get more loans in certain areas.

Last year, I was interviewed by CFPB during our company's audit. All they wanted to know was why we weren't making as many loans in some of the poorer Chicago neighborhoods. I am literally looking at these people like WTF? Have you seen the westside of Chicago? Do you know the financial/economic demographics of the typical person on the Westside?

It is like they have no concept or understanding of the financial realities of what it takes to own a home. Some of these people can barely pay rent, much less own a home.

With all that said, there are a small number of people who do benefit from these programs. They have good credit, stable jobs, etc. However, saving up for a down payment is a challenge.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

These democrats are desperate. They see blacks getting behind Trump and they're nervous that the chains the democrats have on the black community are going to be removed. Last time I made the comment that black people tend to flock to the free stuff promises by the left, I was called a racist for it.

So can anyone tell me why the left constantly chooses to give stuff for free to keep blacks in the left wing corner?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

So can anyone tell me why the left constantly chooses to give stuff for free to keep blacks in the left wing corner?

Because it works?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
There are a ton of people who could never afford homes of their own, like my Husband and I. No special interest group should get more help than anyone else, no matter what race they are. There is so much divisiveness in this Country it's unbelievable.

Bingo... But here's the problem, the democrats don't have a platform anymore. All they can do is raise taxes on the working class to pay for all the free things they're promising the impoverished people. The problem with that is the fact that they can't logically deliver on that promise. When Obama was elected, we crossed the median and got to the point where we had more people on government assistance than we had in the workforce. Under Trump, the unemployment went down and millions less are on assistance now. Bad news for the democrats because the dependency they've created is their bread and butter and it's sliding further away the longer Trump is in office. That's their life force, that's why they're so pissed off to the point that they're promising free college, free healthcare, free monthly checks, reparations to any blacks, and now thousands towards a house.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

This isn't 1904. What is it with you guys living in the same past you constantly try to erase?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So black people who never were slaves get a free house while white people have to work to get a house and pay for it. Now if that is not discrimination, I do not know what is. The black people may have had ancestors three or four generations ago that were brought here as slaves, sometimes these black people were sold by their families to the slave traders, maybe we should go get money from the black people in Africa that sold their relatives into slavery too. It is hard to determine which slaves came here under what system, some were just indentured servants. Others were forcably gotten, I suppose you would have to know the slave trader. Also some of the slave owners gave their slaves land after they served their time, not all slave owners were bad people. They then turned into share croppers.

I do not think that that Harris has common sense, we are supposed to all be equal. My parents never had slaves, none of my ancestors did, why should I pay for what some Americans that benefitted by slavery long ago did. That is stupid for her to think that way. A real lot of people came to this country after slavery was abolished to go work in the mines and fields, those were the reasons my ancestors came here, to work for peanuts for big businesses and society.

Funny thing, big time flaming liberal left winger Ben Afflec came from slave owning ancestors. Most white people did not. My family has been here since the 1700's and fought in the American Revolution along with the Confederacy and never owned a single slave. They fought for state rights and from all the writings and diary gatherings I've read, slavery and ownership of slaves has never been mentioned. I refuse to pay anyone a reparation. They should be embarrassed to fathom the thought of making money from a possible ancestor who DID serve all or some of their lives as slaves. Greed, one of the seven deadly sins.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: rickymouse
So black people who never were slaves get a free house while white people have to work to get a house and pay for it. Now if that is not discrimination, I do not know what is. The black people may have had ancestors three or four generations ago that were brought here as slaves, sometimes these black people were sold by their families to the slave traders, maybe we should go get money from the black people in Africa that sold their relatives into slavery too. It is hard to determine which slaves came here under what system, some were just indentured servants. Others were forcably gotten, I suppose you would have to know the slave trader. Also some of the slave owners gave their slaves land after they served their time, not all slave owners were bad people. They then turned into share croppers.

I do not think that that Harris has common sense, we are supposed to all be equal. My parents never had slaves, none of my ancestors did, why should I pay for what some Americans that benefitted by slavery long ago did. That is stupid for her to think that way. A real lot of people came to this country after slavery was abolished to go work in the mines and fields, those were the reasons my ancestors came here, to work for peanuts for big businesses and society.

Funny thing, big time flaming liberal left winger Ben Afflec came from slave owning ancestors. Most white people did not. My family has been here since the 1700's and fought in the American Revolution along with the Confederacy and never owned a single slave. They fought for state rights and from all the writings and diary gatherings I've read, slavery and ownership of slaves has never been mentioned. I refuse to pay anyone a reparation. They should be embarrassed to fathom the thought of making money from a possible ancestor who DID serve all or some of their lives as slaves. Greed, one of the seven deadly sins.

Most of the people who came to this country did not own slaves, it was only the elites and big businessmen that did so. Most of the farmers and ranchers and people who came here worked hard to make a living. There were some people who did abuse the slaves, but not all slave owners were like that, some slaves had it better than they had it in Africa. About half of the slave owners abused the slaves from what I read, and those slave owners did own most of the slaves. The products they produced were mostly exported to Europe and other countries, farmers could grow their own tobacco and stuff, but slaves were used to process cotton, and people in this country did buy that kind of stuff to make clothes. So some of the stuff used even by farmers was in part produced using slave labor but the majority was exported. Now, people who lived in the big cities across our country did receive more benefit from slave labor.

So, why should I pay for reparations when none of my ancestors benefited by slave labor, neither did the majority of the regular people in this country. Most people worked hard for what they had and worked for peanuts.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Democratic candidates exploring reparations for descendants of slaves

Kamala Harris $100 Billion For Black Homeownership

Today Another Handout

Very subtle.

I'll just leave this right there.

smh

You shaking your head at Kamala Harris? She's the one thinking blacks can't do for themselves. Typical democrat.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

See? That's what I was called a racist for. A subtle racist. In fact, that same poster was posting earlier in this thread calling someone else a subtle racist for stating facts. Good ol race card. Useless and overused since 2009.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree completely. I don't mind helping people, I just don't think race should be a criteria.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Where can you buy a house for that or a city block???
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join