It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Another Handout From Kamala Harris $100 Billion For Black Homeownership

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
He got more black voters than Romney. He will get more this time, to include legal hispancis and his base is even stronger.

I guess he could lose but it does not seem probable.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Oh great just what we need, another cracker tax. ‘White privilege’ my ass. This being white stuffs getting tougher by the day.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: letni

where are property taxes that high that its a 1000 a month? mine are 1800 a year....so 1000 a month seems crazy high unless your in like a 9000sqf home . even when i was looking in texas it was only 4000 a year for some of the dang near mansions i was looking at

edit to add it seems its almost cheaper to buy then rent in a lot of cases but it seems credit keeps most people from being able to get loans not the money its self so would not a reform of loans or like making it easier for people to get loans specifically for homeowner ship like the fanny mae first time home owners thing be smarter then just lump sums in guise of reparations?

for example when i moved here(montana) my mortgage was 1000 a month and average rental for a 4-5 bedroom was around 1000-1500 a month , now with my house paid off, rents have risen to around 900-1200 for a 3 bedroom with out utilities included ,on plus side my house has roughly tripled in value in about 10ish years

LOL, you get it, but I seem to remember something like this back in 2008..........It almost seemed it was a bad thing if I remember correctly. But nevermind all that. I'm sure if we disregard our progress on race, and start separating everything based on skin color, there won't be any hard feelings.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Isn't this how the sup-prime crisis started? Not allowing people to own homes they weren't financially ready for was discriminatory, so lots of people who could not make mortgage payments were given an easy way into homes they would never be able to make payments on because they government forced banks to create mortgages that let them into it.

Then, voila! Housing bubble and sub-prime crisis.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Except from what I'm reading, they don't get a free house. They get into the house for free and still have to pay mortgage every month and property taxes and take care of all the many upkeep costs.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Isn't this how the sup-prime crisis started? Not allowing people to own homes they weren't financially ready for was discriminatory, so lots of people who could not make mortgage payments were given an easy way into homes they would never be able to make payments on because they government forced banks to create mortgages that let them into it.

Then, voila! Housing bubble and sub-prime crisis.

Well, we can't have a bubble burst and go into recession if we don't create a bubble to begin with!

SHEESH!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sorry for my ignorance here but is that really a good idea to only require .7% for a down payment on a $275,000 house? You actually have requirements that their income can't EXCEED 148K? Isn't that how we crashed the last time? Well, I guess with income requirements, their income was at least verified. Do you know if the mortgage securitization is taking place again or are the banks making these insane loans actually holding them on their books?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Isn't this what caused the 2008 financial collapse. Greedy people extending mortgages to people who couldn't pay for them hasn't this kamala idiot learned anything?

Cheers - Dave

Not quiet.
The 2008 crisis was brought about by the bankers and their fraudulent MBS creation.
They sold to anyone that could fog a mirror which included all races, all parties and all levels of wealthy. They had no skin in the game because they just sold the securities to the next sucker.

If banks had to hold the loan for its life, 2008 would have never happened.

You had thousands of house flippers getting in on the gig as well.

A friend of my dads was in on the house flipping gig and tried to sell me a 500,000 dollar home when I was making only 15 bucks an hour then. I told him he was high.

To be comparable to 2008, that 100 million would need to be extended to 2 trillion to have the same effect nationwide and the banks and rating agencies would need to work together on the scam again.
edit on 7-7-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Isn't this what caused the 2008 financial collapse. Greedy people extending mortgages to people who couldn't pay for them hasn't this kamala idiot learned anything?

Cheers - Dave

To be comparable to 2008, that 100 million would need to be extended to 2 trillion to have the same effect nationwide and the banks and rating agencies would need to work together on the scam again.

Just A FYI; She’s actually talking about 100 billion.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Holy crap, I must be lucky that I only pay ~$365 a year for property taxes.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: jacobe001

Cheers - Dave

Just A FYI; She’s actually talking about 100 billion.

It will never happen, it is all talk.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001
No, it won't. It really shows her ignorance and desperation not to mention her complete lack of resonance with the voters. I'm not sure how much harder they can try to give away the presidency but I'm sure they're not done trying.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So, we give a house to a family. That house, no matter what, will have expenses. Electric. Taxes. Water, sewer, replacement appliances as needed, insurance.

I participated in 2 of the Extreme Makeover shows, and decided to keep an eye on both families to see what happened to them.

Both, ended up in bankruptcy and both houses were sold at auction.

When you give someone something, the pride of ownership simply isn't as strong. You never worked to get it, and then, you don't then work to keep it, you expect someone else to step in and fix it for you. Both of the families were interviewed, and said they simply couldn't afford the taxes and insurance.

This will then be updated in 10 years or so with the "we need to save these people we gave free houses to from these hideous expenses by paying these for them" bill.

Stupid is, as stupid does. Please, stop this madness. Create job programs for skilled labor. TEACH people skills that are needed now and in the future.

www.profoundlydisconnected.com is a great place to start.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

That's the whole point of Habitat for Humanity I thought. Last I checked, didn't you have to work with the program in order to have a house through them? It may be yours, but you worked for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Homeownership shouldn't be a hand out. It should be earned like all things. By issuing high interest loans to people who weren't financially or mentally prepared for it created the recession.

Now they want to do it all over again for votes.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Wasn't the "disproportionate number" of Black homeowners and the resulting mortgage giveaways to people with low income to address the "disparate impact" the impetus for the economic recession in 2008?
You know, the whole "bundled toxic assets" that were sold by the banks; the same banks whose arms were twisted by the government to loan to people who could never qualify for a home in the first place?

Not going to blame those who had no business signing on the dotted line in crayon? Predatory lending, my ass.

Let's see how this newest giveaway goes.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Part of the recession was created by people who had zero interest loans in the form of ARMs. Those ARMs adjusted into mortgages with interest all of a sudden and folks who were leveraged to the gills couldn't make the adjusted rates or re-finance out of the ARM.

There were also lots of flippers who get stuck with houses they couldn't off-load who crashed and burned too adding to the sub-prime issues.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Give everyone reparations then every ones butts wont be hurt any more so we all can just shut f### up then.

edit on 7-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: spellin

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

And that will only help about 10% of black people. So we are talking trillions to give them houses they can't afford.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's insane!

They cannot make more than $148K?
Isn't that kinda pushing the envelope?
When I see neighborhoods with $275K houses, I see well taken care of homes with nice landscaping.
Nice furniture is needed as they are often 2000 sq ft and more.
Taxes are high so the kids can have a chance at learning.....and police and fire protection doens't come cheap.

That all takes money.

If it costs the new owner so little....where is their real commitment...and how can they afford to maintain the home???
Hell refrigerators cost more than their commitment!!?!?!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join