It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Another Handout From Kamala Harris $100 Billion For Black Homeownership

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Lucky other states that pay property tax based on lot square foot and and improved square foot!

In california, its literally all just calculated based on 2% of the purchase price - a conspiracy in itself.

Kamala Harris is proposing this for her state (CA) only - right? Not texas, etc.. ??

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

my parents had a 4200 sqf home in the santa cruz mountains and they paid 800 a year in property taxes up tell 2015 , it was 4 stories and looked like an elves castle , putting the same house into google now it says 12 grand wtf happened to property taxes in ca since 2015

in 2001 it was assessed at roughly 40k in tax value but now is listed as over a million (it says it went up 1925% in 2017) what the heck happened? i do think i live in one of the cheapest states for property tax (montana) and we dont have sales tax ,except for whitefish . man glad i escaped ca as my house is bigger then the house i grew up in but taxes haven't shot up yet and in context of OPs post im biracial ,not black but half Mexican and i was a home owner at 20 ,trick is to just move out of the expensive states i guess?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

ah see thats madness that does answer my other question i had posted in another comment ,man i miss the beach but NOT that much

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I know right?

Them Bel Air/ Beverly Hill / Malibu mansions that sell for like 50M+ each on Million Dollar Listing show etc?

Well guess how much the taxes is on one?

1 MILLION DOLLARS A MONTH! Just on the property tax, not including the mortgage, folks!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
^Ooops I mean A YEAR.. but thats still like 100K a month

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When you look at it, white folks have nothing to say in the area of handouts, America is literally built on white folks and others getting free stuff, to be upset about this is to get upset about how this country was created.

And white people got the exact the same assistance with something called the FDA, the Federal Housing Authority. Before anyone says anything, seriously look up at how that act that was introduced by Teddy created the middle class. Before and after.

Prior to that everyone was poor. Poor as hell. Poor as hell white folks. Teddy created the FDA, redistribution of wealth via home ownership, and created the American middle class. So yes, middle class America wasn't made by rolling up sleeves and getting to work.

Government gave white people homes. That's how the middle class was created. Now someone else wants to do the same, to a group of people that were categorically denied by both society and the government of the same benefits?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So yea, does the 1% rule apply?

I'm part aboriginal Australian, but don't have coarse hair (wish i did) - in some schools, I've been told aborigines are blacks regardless of their 'color'.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Blatant discrimination at its finest.

She is completely out of her mind.

Insanity has begun to rule.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
KooKoomala
Cause she's KooKoo for power crisps
KooKoo for power crisps
(takeoff on the old Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs)
It fits.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

you dont own a home do you? well that or you cant do basic math

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ok, I'm making it official"
I am now identifying myself as a black lesbian.

Now give me money!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

female? cause any more, im unsure if its not bigoted to gender qualify the term

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Don't ask don't tell...
Or is that too 1990?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

lol, I had almost forgot the 90s

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dems. Doing more to divide and destroy this country. Reprehensible.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Kamala's strategy is WORKING.

Biden has lost 50% of Black voters, since promoting his old-time KKK buddies.

Kamala is now nipping at Biden's heels, with 20% of the Dim vote, compared to 22% for Biden.

Latest poll: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm black... I also happen to work in mortgage industry.

There are already various grants, first time home buyer programs, etc that can assist with home ownership. We have a program here where you can get up to 6% of the purchase price to be used towards down payment and closing costs. You literally could buy a home with like $1,000 which is the minimum contribution required. I closed a deal where a couple bought a $275k house and it only cost them about $2k out of pocket. The only requirement is that the household income is about $148k or less.

I've been in this business 15+ years. Not everyone should be a homeowner. Owning a home is expensive and a huge commitment. Yes, it can build wealth, but it can also be a huge anchor around your neck too.

RIght now, you have FHA financing which only requires 3.5% down. Conventional loans can be done with as little as 3% down. Then you throw in various grant programs, etc. The bottom line is if you can't come up with 3 - 5% down payment, you simply are not ready to own a home.

The only thing the black community needs is financial education.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Isn't this what caused the 2008 financial collapse. Greedy people extending mortgages to people who couldn't pay for them hasn't this kamala idiot learned anything?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This will drive more voters away from Democrats.

If any such nonsense were ever to pass, I imagine the civil war would cost far more than $100B. My ancestors didn't arrive in the US until the late 19th and early 20th century. They scraped by on their own, as did my grandparents and my parents.

I've worked harder, paid my own way thru school and suffered greater hardship than the last two generations in my family to barely get by. If anyone thinks they're going to take more from me to give to others, they've got another thing coming.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So black people who never were slaves get a free house while white people have to work to get a house and pay for it. Now if that is not discrimination, I do not know what is. The black people may have had ancestors three or four generations ago that were brought here as slaves, sometimes these black people were sold by their families to the slave traders, maybe we should go get money from the black people in Africa that sold their relatives into slavery too. It is hard to determine which slaves came here under what system, some were just indentured servants. Others were forcably gotten, I suppose you would have to know the slave trader. Also some of the slave owners gave their slaves land after they served their time, not all slave owners were bad people. They then turned into share croppers.

I do not think that that Harris has common sense, we are supposed to all be equal. My parents never had slaves, none of my ancestors did, why should I pay for what some Americans that benefitted by slavery long ago did. That is stupid for her to think that way. A real lot of people came to this country after slavery was abolished to go work in the mines and fields, those were the reasons my ancestors came here, to work for peanuts for big businesses and society.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join