It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic tremors in CA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Harmonic tremors are indeed associated with magma movement deep beneath volcanic hotspots. The following is an announcement given for the Corso field.

www.volcanodiscovery.com... html

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 6-7-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

In a couple other forums, I've seen it suggested that the tunnels at NAWC could be collapsing, causing the movement northward.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Normal, nothing to worry about according to them ...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've been following the quake activity since yesterday and I'm curious about the something. Would constant, harmonic vibration cause nausea and dizziness if you were exposed to it for a prolonged period of time? I've seen accounts all day long in various social media forums, of people experiencing these symptoms. I have family in Vegas right now and they both said they felt shaky and unwell from the minute they stepped off the plane this morning. They are both science profs so not exactly the type to be prone to conspiracy hysterics.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormy46237

I have read the same reports all day. People feeling queasy, unsteady, etc. I would think a constant 2.0 like what we have been seeing could cause that depending on distance from it.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
INDUCED Harmonic Tremors??

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Not very likely at all to be harmonic (or volcanic) tremor, and if it were you'd want to look at it on a spectrogram not just the helicorders most folks view earthquakes on.

Harmonic tremor has very distinctive characteristics and are the result of massive fluid (magma or water) movement. Icebergs and glaciers also produce a variation of harmonic tremors.

This page shows some spectrograms and various different kinds of tremor one might observe in relation to different events.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have ZERO knowledge about anything having to do with earthquakes, so this is all mere speculation on my part. Could the dizziness and nausea be caused from the constant movement of the ground beneath their feet, or could there be some sort of gas being released if this is near a volcanic site?

edit on 6-7-2019 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If it were true harmonic tremor the volcano site I visit occasionally would have been all over it by now, and they're all looking elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

There are study's that indicate there is a connection between earthquaks and the ionosphere!

ear thquake and ionosphere

NC

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Last update: 6 Jul 2019 (Strong earthquake swarm- no cause for concern)
Typical eruption style: Explosive
Coso volcano eruptions: none during the past 10,000 years

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

I have read the same reports all day. People feeling queasy, unsteady, etc. I would think a constant 2.0 like what we have been seeing could cause that depending on distance from it.

I didn't realise.this was happening, how long has the constant 2.0 been going on? Is that normal?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I have always thought that as well as seismological readings, we should also use acoustic readings (because I am sure fault-lines and subduction zones sing), and have piezoelectric-magnetic readings. I believe each of these variable measurements will give pre-earthquake readings up to a threshold where fault lines snap, generating an earthquake as the stress is suddenly released.

There are of course, other readings that can be taken, because where the stress is greatest, other non-normal anomalous effects occur around the epicentre of greatest stress, below and above ground. Light effects, such as those termed 'earth-lights', are not what I would consider omens for a earthquake to come, but might be signs of de-stressing? If they are seen in fault line areas then suddenly disappear, this behaviour might be considered as an earthquake to come, because the stress may be growing again. Of course, light effects don't give any indication of the magnitude of the potential quake, they only signify that stress has built up and is being released in small amounts, rather than in one big jolt.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why Yellowstone? Wouldn't Long Valley Caldera be closer? Yeah, actually, it would and Mammoth Lakes, both of which are volcanic sites themselves. But Coso Volcanic field is even closer than both of those.

You called it yesterday...
Now we have this.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why Yellowstone? Wouldn't Long Valley Caldera be closer? Yeah, actually, it would and Mammoth Lakes, both of which are volcanic sites themselves. But Coso Volcanic field is even closer than both of those.

You called it yesterday...
Now we have this.

I'll be darned. Looks like it may have been harmonic tremors like I thought. Good catch!

Looking more into this.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This is indicating deep underground magma

Edit: and one lone earthquake up by Mammoth lake..

edit on 7-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

This is indicating deep underground magma

Edit: and one lone earthquake up by Mammoth lake..

Right. No uprise in the are yet. Things are still "green" according to the USGS. No imminent threat.

Even so, it seems the earthquakes have moved things enough to get the magma in the dome moving. To what degree is a matter of time. Maybe it will stay low, no issue. But, just but, what if the earthquakes have opened a fissure, and the magma pressure is pushing it up? Something to keep an eye on.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Finally doing some lidar... but further East and South. ***yep, they're in the right area***

1981 GULFSTREAM AM CORP COMM DIV 690C
Fixed wing multi engine 
(11 seats / 2 engines)

Owner

SANBORN MAP CO INC
COLORADO SPRINGS , CO, US 
(Corporation)

www.sanborn.com...

edit on 7-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Looks like the pattern will take it right over Little Lake. Maybe they think there might be some new uplift in that area? Could also be the start of a larger scan over the entire area.

Do you know if the info from the lidar be publicly available?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join