It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find girl who licked Blue Bell ice cream in viral video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: incoserv

You have some serious comprehension problems, and what with your delusions? How about your emotional instability?
I said no such thing... never implied anything close to that, but keep trying to justify your hate filled agenda...
This ice cream licker must see a fine of 20k and 20 years in prison because you said so...
And you will mock all others and play your childish make believe game generating delusional projections onto others
As you invent scenarios so far from reality I’m beginning to question your sanity...
I feel sorry for your kid they must have gotten a lot of love filled beatings from you huh?
Get a grip...

You obviously have read almost nothing of what I have written on this topic in this thread. Tsk tsk... Bad form, my friend.

And you still have not answered my question.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

It depends on a lot of things like I said enzymes from licking will die very quickly in a frozen environment...
Others that can survive in a cold environment don’t hibernate they could feed off the sugars of ice cream say for example. They are known as psychrophiles...
Not all germs and bacteria can survive in a frozen environment and most from saliva enzymes require starch I believe to feed off in order to survive and or spread...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I answered your question about coming in my house there Simon...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Then make an example of chefs that place the spoon they have tasted from, back into food.

See, I do this when I cook at home and only my wife and I are eating. (I've already openly adtitted that we swap saliva); bit I won't do it if we have guests coming.

And that is the difference. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I answered your question about coming in my house there Simon...

So ... You would be ok with it?
edit on 2019 7 07 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Didn’t even read my reply, I don’t believe one person in this entire thread ever said anything close to it would be ok...
What is unreasonable is your contention that she must be punished to the maximum allowable by law...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

i'm all for that, they should wash and rinse utensils after tasting like that, it is a health code violation after all.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

That's personal choice. But a chef with a disease in a restaurant has far greater potential to harm more people than a girl that has tasted ice-cream from one container in a supermarket.

I am not saying what she did was right. I personally am very fussy when it comes to this. But she acted the clown and has paid the price already. She has been punished enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Didn’t even read my reply, I don’t believe one person in this entire thread ever said anything close to it would be ok...
What is unreasonable is your contention that she must be punished to the maximum allowable by law...

Uh, yeah ... About that "maximum allowable by law" thing, a direct quote from a reply of mine on page 5 of this thread:

That's my point. She needs to hurt in a very public way, or there will be copycats. ...
So, no, she does not need to be executed or sent to prison for 20 years, but if an example is not made ... Well, just see the video I posted previously. 

So, no, I never said that. Said quite the opposite, actually.

As to your reply to my inquiry, well, you never did say a definite yes or no. Am I welcome to come spit in your ice cream, or am I not?

Or, what if I do it secretly and you don't know about it? Would that be ok?

Come on, just a straight yes or no answer! Please.

(Here's a link to that video, BTW.)
:
edit on 2019 7 07 by incoserv because: I am a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

That's personal choice. But a chef with a disease in a restaurant has far greater potential to harm more people than a girl that has tasted ice-cream from one container in a supermarket.

I am not saying what she did was right. I personally am very fussy when it comes to this. But she acted the clown and has paid the price already. She has been punished enough.

So, a kid gets stopped by a cop while driving intoxicated, he's embarrassed that he got caught, he knows his parents are going to be real pissed and they might even ground him for a couple of weeks. I feel real bad for the kid, what with being embarrassed and losing privileges and all. So he shouldn't be charged with a DUI?

Your feeling bad for the kid does not erase the fact that she broke food tampering laws and transgressed norms of social decency and consideration for others, anymore than feeling sorry for a kid would erase the fact that he was driving under the influence. In both cases laws were broken and people were potentially harmed. Rule of law doesn't work by feelings.
:
edit on 2019 7 07 by incoserv because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Some of you guys are real drama queens.

The kid should go to court, get a 2 year suspended sentence that will be expunged if she stays out of trouble, and throw in 500 hrs community service..thats it!!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Some of you guys are real drama queens.

The kid should go to court, get a 2 year suspended sentence that will be expunged if she stays out of trouble, and throw in 500 hrs community service..thats it!!

But ... But ... But, what if somebody feels sorry for her?

If that would deter the future copycat SUPERMARKET LICK CHALLENGE participants, it's good enough.

Because there is a segment of society that will take this as a throwdown. You know it.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I think most people would agree with some punishment..years in prison?..c'mon.

Because there is a segment of society that will take this as a throwdown. You know it.

Sure, can't argue with that, I think get her to court, get it done quick. I like flyingclaydisks idea, but I think a tough one to implement and enforce.
edit on 7-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think most people would agree with some punishment..years in prison?..c'mon.

Well, perhaps the ATS jury should convene and decide on the appropriate penalty. Or lack of. I mean, what's the point of a judicial system, anyway? Right?
edit on 2019 7 07 by incoserv because: I am a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I have pronounced what I think is appropriate, I think it's reasonable.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Cant believe there are people defending this. Does she deserve years in prison? Heck no, but we all know this attention will now spawn copycatters and people doing WORSE. The biggest deal I have with all this is WHY...WHY WHY WHY in 2019 are there not some sort of tamper seals to keep idiots from doing this? THAT, is on the companies who distribute these foods without it, faults. Edy's ice cream sold in Dollar General does the same thing. No sealed lid or no kind of seal over the ice cream inside. All this could probably(PROBABLY) be avoided if they were sealed somehow.
edit on 7-7-2019 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

The biggest deal I have is WHY...WHY WHY WHY in 2019 do we even need tamper proof seals. Why do we have a society where people think it's not only allowable but funny to do stuff like this? And why do other people feel the need to defend it?

I'm not saying that tamper proof seals are bad, but the fact that they're needed to protect the public from sick f***s like this is just sad. The fact that as a society we are spawning these kinds of cretins and that there are people - parents and the public in general - who make excuses for it does not bode well.
edit on 2019 7 07 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Oh I would agree. But then, if people start putting cyanide or some other death substance in it...what then? Look I understand asking why, but comon theres no way youre naive enough to trust humans THAT much..?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I'm not suggesting that there be no tamper proof seals, but I am old enough to remember the Tylenol poisoning of 1982, the event that made tamper proof packaging a standard.

Before the 1982 Tylenol poisonings, few products were sold with tamper proof seals. I know this for a fact as I was there. I grew up in a world where, believe it or not, people just didn't do this kind of stupid stuff. That's right, the USA existed for over 200 years before anybody thought we needed to protect ourselves from product tampering, and the world in general much longer than that.

Something changed. Something was broken. Something got sick in the culture. This idiot girl and her bigger idiot boyfriend are part of that sickness. It can't be fixed. It's just sad, and sadder and more frightening still that there are people who will defend and excuse it. What kind of culture, what kind of society does that to itself?
:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

May American jurisprudence bow to your wisdom.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join