It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find girl who licked Blue Bell ice cream in viral video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We cringed when we viewed the video. Have a look:

www.nbcnews.com...

Most probably wondered how often this happens. One's imagination could run wild thinking about the diseases that could be transmitted not to mention the plain ole yuck factor.

The girl is young (under 17) and you can tell she thinks this is funny. She was with her adult boyfriend who will also be charged. Tampering with food like this is a second degree felony and can come with a maximum 20-year prison sentence and a $10,000 fine.

But, my question is, should we cut her any slack?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Slack?

Yes...some.
She's a minor guilty of being stupid.
Scare the crap out of her...fine her $10K and give her 6 months in jail.

The adult boyfriend...$10K and a year in jail.

edit on 6-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
At least 5 years in jail...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Too early in life for a 20-year sentence and I don't think the punishment would fit the crime.

Hopefully, some common sense prevails here. This is nothing community service and a bit of shame wouldn't fix.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
.... But, my question is, should we cut her any slack?

If you were enjoying a bowl of Blue Bell Tin Roof and a police officer knocked on your door to inform you that you had purchased the tub that she'd licked and you'd just eaten her saliva or fed it to your children, how much slack would you be willing to cut her and her boyfriend?

Honestly ...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Will not even watch the vid;

Epitome of clickBAIT

Wonder what we're being distracted from?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

But, my question is, should we cut her any slack?

Put her in one of the corporate detention facilities for illegals where the taxpayers can pay $175 a day to keep her from offending again.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I guess now the company will have to resort to putting tamper evident seals on there containers, surprised they don’t in today’s era.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I definitely don't think she should be let off the hook completely with just a slap on the wrist.

This incident made me recall the Tylenol case back in the 80's. Of course, that tampering resulted in actual deaths, but it changed the way over-the-counter medicines were packaged and it led to a bill that made it a federal offense to tamper with consumer products.

It ended up costing the Johnson & Johnson company $100 million in the long run. Blue Bell may end up being financially affected by this even though it's probably a one-time childish thoughtless prank.

She needs to be punished harshly, but not to the max perhaps.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are two issues to consider here.

First is the punitive one. Yeah, she's probably already suffered a bit from the infamy. She's young and stupid, but also rude, inconsiderate of others and probably extremely narcissistic. She needs to learn that her actions have consequences. As does her boyfriend, who should be treated more harshly as an adult.

The second issue is social. There are lots of other morons out there who would think this was funny and might copy it. If this idiot gets a mere slap on the wrist, others will take that as a green light that it's ok to do the same. If they see her suffer real consequences, they will be less likely to repeat the performance.

Sure needs to be punished in a very firm and demonstrative way as a message to the other idiots out there.
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: fixed a typo.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
She should be placed in juvenile detention and forced to eat 5 pounds of ice cream every day until she gains 40 pounds and then must go on a special diet program 😎

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
each one gets 100 hours public trash collecting, 10% of both their yearly income for a year as a fine. Or go to jail for 2 years.

I mean she is a minor, yes it´s disgusting but ruin her life over that?

edit on 6-7-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

If you were enjoying a bowl of Blue Bell Tin Roof and a police officer knocked on your door to inform you that you had purchased the tub that she'd licked and you'd just eaten her saliva or fed it to your children, how much slack would you be willing to cut her and her boyfriend?

Honestly ...

Eeek! If I had fed it to one of my kids, I would be very upset.

Adding to your scenario, what if that police officer told you that she had just arrived home from an Ebola-stricken country and you and your kids would need to be quarantined!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
She's a minor.
Ice Cream company should sue her parents.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Or maybe she was just a dirty girl who put random body parts in her mouth.

Or, hell, maybe she just didn't practice any kind of dental hygiene.

You never know...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The girl's public shaming is enough punishment.. let's not go overboard.

With that said, I'm surprised the ice cream manufacturers still have their packaging that isn't tamper proof. Most ice cream has a plastic wrap that seals the top in some manner, so you just can't open it. Bluebell apparently hasn't taken that step, so maybe they will be liable in some way as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Honestly ...

Eeek! If I had fed it to one of my kids, I would be very upset.

Adding to your scenario, what if that police officer told you that she had just arrived home from an Ebola-stricken country and you and your kids would need to be quarantined!

I wouldn't go that far using super hyperbole, that will just be ignored. But, what if she is tested and found to have an STD, or TB, or AIDS? All very communicable, and very costly for medical treatment, some for life.

Now, with that very plausible reality, would you think if you fed this to your kids or grand-kids, should she be punished with a slap and just community service? What is the punishment worth to you for your child/grandchild getting a disease from her like that?

Me, I think a hefty fine and some jail time is in order. It is a felony offense...since it is tampering with the food chain and endangering the health of the community.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you only knew what the fast food people put in your food when you're snotty to them. I'll take a previous licked icecream any day. just sayin...

Even in a high class joint, demean and belittle your server...

The world can be a nasty place for the rude person...
edit on 6-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

With that said, I'm surprised the ice cream manufacturers still have their packaging that isn't tamper proof. Most ice cream has a plastic wrap that seals the top in some manner, so you just can't open it. Bluebell apparently hasn't taken that step, so maybe they will be liable in some way as well.

Public shaming is not enough for the reasons I pointed out in a previous reply. If it is not made clear that there are serious consequences for such behavior, there will be copycats.

Before you know it, people will be doing THE SUPERMARKET LICK CHALLENGE . Really ...

Bluebell said in a press release that their tubs are filled then frozen upside-down, creating something of a seal. You should be able to tell, when you open a tub, if it's previously been opened by how easily the lid comes off. At this juncture, however, that may not be enough.

Perhaps an appropriate punishment would be to make her cover the first year's cost of changing their packaging protocols. That would be more restorative than punitive and would set a clear example that one should expect to be helpful responsible for the consequences of one's actions.
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The article said:

In an earlier statement, the company explained that its cartons are frozen upside down in production, which creates a natural, tight seal by freezing the lid to the tub, meaning consumers would notice if any tampering occurred upon opening a fresh tub.

Sometimes it's pretty hard to loosen the lid on a carton of Blue Bell, it seals so tight. But, now, because of this show-off careless little twit, Blue Bell may have to resort to a different type of packaging that could cost them lots of money.

Definitely....she needs a pretty harsh punishment, one that she can feel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join