It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people have nerve!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I try to be a nice guy.

Things happen in life and people fall on hard times. It happens because of bad choices we make or sometimes no fault of your own. I try not to judge in fact I would be the last one to judge anybody. I have made some really bad choices and done some really dumb things.

On to my complaint. It may not seem like a big deal to some of you but it really annoyed me.

To begin I live alone in a one bedroom apartment well I have a dog and my girlfriend spends the night sometimes but no other roommates or family.

I woke up this morning around 6:00, my girlfriend spent the night so I decided to get up and make her breakfast. As I was making coffee I heard a loud scraping sound. It sounded like metal scraping across concrete. I thought to myself it was a bit early on a Saturday morning for someone to be making so much noise but it wasn't a big deal because it only lasted a few seconds.

As coffee was brewing I decided to take my dog for her morning walk. I opened my patio door to see some lady lounging in my chair. She had moved the chair to a shaded area, that was the noise I had heard. She had her feet propped on another chair and was reading a magazine.

I was like who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing?!? My dog is barking and this woman just smiles and tells me she was walking and got hot. She needed to rest and saw my patio didn't think I would mind if she rested for a little bit.

I was stunned for a second just how is this okay? Not only was this stranger on my property but she rearranged my furniture! After I explained to her, using language I can't repeat here, I did mind she left.

What is wrong with people? Is it only me? Is this not a big deal? Am I overreacting?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wonder how it would have played out if you’d have welcomed her and let her have a short rest with no drama?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

I meant to put this in the rant forum, sorry.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

People who do things like this are not pure of mind or intent. They simply wish to prey upon other people's generosity.

Saying yes to them will induce further requests by them for your time and your resources.

A grown woman doing something like that shows some kind of psychological derangement.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Next time she might use your grill...

I'm a sympathetic person and could understand someone sitting down resting ,"especially older folks" . But how damn tired was she if she had the energy to move two chairs?

To be honest its could becone a problem.
The way things are today if she got hurt moving your rickety old furniture she could have a nice lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Wonder how it would have played out if you’d have welcomed her and let her have a short rest with no drama?

There's a thought! What if you'd said, Sure! Would you like a cup of coffee?

You might have made a new friend.

But, given the average person's complete unawareness of the concept of boundaries , let alone of respecting them, I doubt would have been the case.

I (a native born UScitizen) lived abroad from 1983 to 2008. In the first few weeks after moving back stateside, one of the first changes I saw in US culture was that almost nobody understood of respected the concept of boundaries anymore. It was unnerving!

For any social construct to function, the must be a universally recognized and practiced understanding of reasonable boundaries.

Sounds to me like this woman was totally lacking in that respect. Sadly, best thing would have probably been to tell her that you did mind and to leave.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay...I'll ask the question we all want to ask...

Was she sexy?

Either way...I would've taken her at her word...she might really have needed to rest...and allowing her to would've been a kindness on your part.
edit on 6-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

They simply wish to prey upon other people's generosity.

Blanche Dubois:
"“I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.”

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Okay...I'll ask the question we all want to ask...

Was she sexy?

Either way...I would've taken her at her word...she might really have needed to rest...and allowing her to would've been a kindness on your part.

No.

I didn't find her attractive.

I forgot to mention there is a park about a block from my apartment.

It has benches and a few picnic tables some are shaded.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
And it is because of your sweeping negative assumption of humankind that society is dismal.

Give a little. You may get a lot back.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

I opened my patio door to see some lady lounging in my chair. She had moved the chair to a shaded area, that was the noise I had heard. She had her feet propped on another chair and was reading a magazine.

I was like who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing?!? My dog is barking and this woman just smiles and tells me she was walking and got hot. She needed to rest and saw my patio didn't think I would mind if she rested for a little bit.

I am intrigued do you not lock the entry into your patio?

The gate to my back garden and patio is locked at night and when I go out.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am thinking her walks always involve resting at someone's place to read her magazine.
edit on 7/6/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And it is because of your sweeping negative assumption of humankind that society is dismal.

Humankind rarely disappoints.
Its usually dismal.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I personally would not like to befriend someone so presumptuous, If they behave

in that manner when they dont know you....... imagine what they would get up to

when they knew or befriended you.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It’s been said already but I would’ve asked if she was thirsty .

An act of kindness in the morning can make you feel good all day .

But that being said .

If she was reading my newspaper I would’ve turn the sprinklers on .
edit on 6-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: incoserv

I personally would not like to befriend someone so presumptuous, If they behave

in that manner when they dont know you....... imagine what they would get up to

when they knew or befriended you.

Yeah ... That was kind of my point.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
She has Borderline Personality Disorder.

Would it have made a difference to you if she was extremely pretty?

I understand, you don't have much, and she crossed your border. It really is understandable. I probably would have just said "Hi, do you need a glass of water".

Although I don't like people overstepping boundaries either

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yeah, people fail to respect boundaries and abuse kindness because I have a dismal view of humanity.

I will improve my view of humanity forthwith and that should eliminate allow the world's problems. Thanks so much for your insight! I see peace in the Middle East, the elimination of poverty and want, and universal harmony on the horizon!
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I might hav asked if she was ok or needed an ambulance. Then I might have asked if she knew Jesus and started to try to evangelize her.

I might have had the same reaction as you, and tell her to get out or I'm calling the cops for trespassing.

I'm not exactly sure what I would do.

I can blame shows people watch where people act stupid and crazy as if it was the norm. I even saw a movie once where someone snuck into another persons pool at night to go skinny dipping. Talk about rude.

Sometimes I don't think people are sane anymore at the very least lack common sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: 4891morfih

I opened my patio door to see some lady lounging in my chair. She had moved the chair to a shaded area, that was the noise I had heard. She had her feet propped on another chair and was reading a magazine.

I am intrigued do you not lock the entry into your patio?

The gate to my back garden and patio is locked at night and when I go out.

I don't have a gate. It's enclosed but the wall is about waist high. She just hopped the wall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join