It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn, is [Attorney General] Bill Barr Corrupt Also?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's part of the chain of events... Since then, Trump authorized Barr to de-classify and release everything. Barr has chosen not to, and his department is fighting the release in court. Most recently, and the topic of this OP, the judge has authorized the release of notes describing the memos. The DOJ has filed to stop that release as well.

Far more information at the link, including documents.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'd bet every single last one of them, and their wives are corrupt. The one's who we think aren't just haven't been caught yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Since then, Trump authorized Barr to de-classify and release everything.

Ah. I forgot about that.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Did you even understand my post ?

Why put evidence that could convict Comey and everyone else on the 7th floor out in the public domain ?

It would give their attorneys more time to find ways to contest it.

You should never give them anything you’re going to use in a trial until discovery.

That’s standard operating procedure for all prosecutors and investigators .

Do you want them locked up or not ?

That’s why I didn’t flag your post it’s a very naïve take on things .

edit on 6-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
I'd bet every single last one of them, and their wives are corrupt. The one's who we think aren't just haven't been caught yet.

And I sure wouldn't take that bet for the same reason!!!

I wonder how many really would? I doubt many. Even those hoping for the best would know better.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Barr isn't going to let anything out, until all of the ducks are in a row. Once they are, dear lord hold onto your socks.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Did you even understand my post ?

Of course I did. Just as I'm sure you understood mine. We disagree.

Why put evidence that could convict Comey and everyone else on the 7th floor out in the public domain ?

You know why. To keep the critters honest. Because it is their Constitutional responsibility to prove any and every action taken for and especially against the people. Because it's the only way for the people to know that the right people are being prosecuted -- or not. Because it's the only way to know if critters are doing their jobs properly -- or not. Because we would know who is making dirty deals and who isn't.

It would give their attorneys more time to find ways to contest it.

No. It might give Comey the time and opportunity to hide further evidence from being found in an investigation. But in terms of contesting the evidence, that would be done in court, and the defendant would have discovery rights in a criminal proceeding anyway, so it would be illegal to withhold the evidence from Comey at that point.

You should never give them anything you’re going to use in a trial until discovery.

Comey knows perfectly well what he has and has not done, what incriminating evidence there is or is not, and so on. And he sure knows how this works.

We're the only ones in the dark.

That’s standard operating procedure for all prosecutors and investigators .

Hence the old adage that the courtroom is the last place to find justice... It's exactly these shenanigans that have made our courts a mockery.

Do you want them locked up or not ?

Not nearly as much as I want that damn curtain pulled back and the inner workings exposed for all to see!!!

I'm not especially interested in sending the corrupt on a taxpayer paid vacation to Club Fed. Fine the crap out of them, order restitution to the people, house arrest, community service, a lifetime ban from serving in any government capacity or position of trust, and a life of shame is good enough for me.

What I desperately want is for the corruption and regulatory capture exposed and exploded. I want the critters gone. And I want the people to be in power and control once again. That's our only hope.

ETA:

That’s why I didn’t flag your post it’s a very naïve take on things .

Wanting truth and transparency is naive, eh? And putting our blind trust in the power of critters is... um... wise? Okay.

No worries about the flag. I'll get over it. Oh wait -- I already am!

edit on 6-7-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
Barr isn't going to let anything out, until all of the ducks are in a row. Once they are, dear lord hold onto your socks.

Well, darn... I tend to be barefoot so no socks to hold onto!

I'll take my chances.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ah. I forgot about that.

Puts a little different spin on things, eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Let me make it simple then .

You’re paranoid about his motivation and you want the “critters” held accountable and transparency .

You want it so bad you’re willing to jeopardize a conviction .

If he fails to indict you seem to think transparency can’t occur afterwards.

Instead to satiate your curiosity you’re looking towards instant gratification at the risk of putting criminals in jail .

The best chance we have for conviction of those shysters is to not give anything up .

Can you honestly say transparency would change anything ?

Your entire stance says the opposite .

I will take whatever route will give us the best chance for conviction .

And releasing evidence in an investigation isn’t it .

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I’ve been thinking about my reply and thought it was a little aggressive. I’ll leave it up to make this sincere .

My bad I apologize .

Here’s my position in a nutshell .

Do what’s smart, hope for the best and deal with the corruption afterwards.

if it does really exist in this case .

Don’t throw a hang grenade in the process and give the enemy an edge .

I want transparency just as bad as you.

It’s just that I’d rather get a conviction .

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Everyone has some skeletons in their closet it seems. Some just stink more than others. I am not going to even consider the OP info on this, I read some of it and it sounds too much like wrong trivia being spun into an alternate reality. I do not know why they haven't brought charges against Comey already. I think that he collected evidence of wrongdoings on most of the congressmen when he was working for the FBI. An insurance policy so he could never be charged with a crime.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Let me make it simple then .

Okay.

You’re paranoid about his motivation...

I am familiar with his documented history, and therefore have a well warranted and therefore healthy skepticism of his motives. We have nothing that suggests he can be trusted. In fact, we have exactly the opposite -- historically and presently.

...and you want the “critters” held accountable and transparency .

As noted, I much prefer the transparancy.

You want it so bad you’re willing to jeopardize a conviction .

The truth does not jeopardize convictions. That's a crock. They either have the evidence or they don't. It's the same in a court of law as it is outside of a court of law.

On the other hand, we can both look at history and know that when crap like this is kept under wraps, it is then swept under the rug, sweetheart deals are made with the wrong people, immunity is given to the wrong people, and it's only the little people who pay any consequence, while the big guys go on to bigger and grander crimes.

And this is exactly how the same corrupt criminal critters have continued to evade any prosecution at all, and gained more and more power. You think "my" way jeopardizes convictions? Your way guarantees NO prosecution and therefore NO conviction.

If he fails to indict you seem to think transparency can’t occur afterwards.

Nope, not at all. Of course it can happen. I just don't think it will happen.

Instead to satiate your curiosity...

Nope, not curiosity. More like outrage and fury.

...you’re looking towards instant gratification...

Wrong again. I want complete and total transparency and LONG TERM SOLUTIONS.

...at the risk of putting criminals in jail.

Nope. Evidence is evidence. Truth is truth. Either they have it or they don't, inside or outside the courtroom.

The best chance we have for conviction of those shysters is to not give anything up .

LOL!!! Lies are our best chance??? Please. Those "shysters" know exactly what's going on and are counting on the fact that truth is criminal to protect them. They designed the rules to protect themselves!!!

Can you honestly say transparency would change anything ?

Of course! For one thing, whistleblowers wouldn't be prosecuted and persecuted by government for telling the truth, as Team Obama did at an unprecedented rate.

Your entire stance says the opposite .

My entire stance? That you have grossly misjudged, misunderstood and mischaracterized? That entire stance???

Well, be that as it may, guess what... my "entire stance" has absolutely no bearing on whether or not transparency would change anything. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. It's just my opinion.

I will take whatever route will give us the best chance for conviction .

And releasing evidence in an investigation isn’t it .

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So you've said with absolutely nothing to back it up, and despite the very obvious example of ever-increasing corruption and criminality of a government run in secret. They're all weasel words... "I just know that Barr really REALLY wants to get those corrupt critters! I just know it!!! And don't you dare say otherwise or you'll ruin EVERYTHING!" Yeah, that's it.

Give me one example of where truth prevented a conviction, and I'll show you charges that were not warranted. That's how it works.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I’ve been thinking about my reply and thought it was a little aggressive. I’ll leave it up to make this sincere .

My bad I apologize .

Thank you. That's fair enough.

I want transparency just as bad as you.

It’s just that I’d rather get a conviction .

And I want the corruption to stop. And it won't stop as long as the corrupt critters have cover of darkness. It really is that simple.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Everyone has some skeletons in their closet it seems. Some just stink more than others. I am not going to even consider the OP info on this, I read some of it and it sounds too much like wrong trivia being spun into an alternate reality. I do not know why they haven't brought charges against Comey already. I think that he collected evidence of wrongdoings on most of the congressmen when he was working for the FBI. An insurance policy so he could never be charged with a crime.

Wow. So you're going to just dismiss every link in the OP -- including the court filing written by Barr -- and dismiss it as "wrong trivia being spun into an alternate reality," but you offer no other reasoning or information... okay.

The last link was the only one that was "out there," but it was sourced and documented every step of the way.

But okay. Believe what you want. Truth and facts apparently aren't important to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: rickymouse

Wow. So you're going to just dismiss every link in the OP -- including the court filing written by Barr -- and dismiss it as "wrong trivia being spun into an alternate reality," but you offer no other reasoning or information... okay.

The last link was the only one that was "out there," but it was sourced and documented every step of the way.

But okay. Believe what you want. Truth and facts apparently aren't important to you.

I am ignoring both sides of that issue, I am not going to take sides when it is hard to verify exactly what was happening. The left spins it most times and often the high ranking people in our government are corrupt. In fact, I really do not think there is one really honest person with integrety working in our government hierarchy.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The left spins it most times and often the high ranking people in our government are corrupt. In fact, I really do not think there is one really honest person with integrety working in our government hierarchy.

That I completely agree with. I do not trust critters. My default position has long been that if the Feds are involved they are to blame.

And it's why I demand transparency. Much harder to spin truth -- it can still be done, but not as easily or frequently or successfully.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Lifting the cover of darkness means destroying Obamas deep state that was created to protect the Democrats .

They’ve operated with impunity for the last eight years .

They know it’s coming or they wouldn’t be freaking out so bad .

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They know it’s coming or they wouldn’t be freaking out so bad .

And I believe that to some extent or another...

My fear is who and what will fill the vacuum left behind. It doesn't help us if we remove some dirty critters only to have them replaced with other dirty critters.

The thing about the corrupt and especially the power hungry is that they really have no loyalty to anyone except themselves. They'll form alliances and make frenemies, but everyone knows they're only friends as long as they need each other. For the most power hungry of all, their ultimate goal is to have the absolute most power over friend, foe and frenemy alike. They want it all. No one is safe.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Instead to satiate your curiosity you’re looking towards instant gratification at the risk of putting criminals in jail .

I feel confident in saying that, in THIS country, no one is a criminal until proven guilty. So the risk, is merely that of allegation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join