It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Terrified Of Crossing Glass Bridge In China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If you are anywhere near Bar Harbor Maine, this hike is a good one for those who enjoy the adrenaline rush that accompanies a fear of heights.

When I did this one, I called the trees along the way "comfort trees" as they were the only thing that was between you and certain death at times, and it was nice to have a break from worrying about falling a long way.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That's a huge NOPE.

The worst is that even if my husband and son wanted to, I couldn't let them because my fear of heights is bad enough watching someone I care about do something like that would terrify me.

I'd have to stay at the hotel and let them go alone.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kennywood PA amusement park redid Noah's Ark ride to incorporate a glass floor with a scene underneath for a part of the ride. In the design there were solid round wood pieces that acted like jumping stones just far enough apart that it was hard to reach the next one.

I was terrified going through that part. A teen tried to convince me that it was ok. He even jumped on the glass floor. I eventually made it through. It must have terrified too many people they closed a portion off. People had to go through in groups and it was taking too long for the groups to go through. Later they redisgned it again taking the glass floor out.

No, I would not be walking across that glass bridge. I might as a challenge is the prize was paying off all my debt including my school loan.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

A wobbly bridge. OMG!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have been to Maine before, but I would never seek out a dangerous place to explore. You went on that trail??? A crazy person. Lol

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't have a fear of heights, but I've never been THAT high off the ground before nor do I wish to be. I'd be afraid to watch loved ones going over on that bridge too.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

Scary! I don't know if I could find that much courage.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh wow, thanks for that! I couldn't get through the whole thing, but it was interesting.

I know that the glass cracking and accompanying noises were special effects, but I was like "Oh hell no!" They have some pretty weird things in China.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm not particularly afraid of heights, but that would kick in some serious vertigo for me, so thaaaaat's a NOPE.

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sorry to say but it is all for the money.

So's half of what Japan offers. They're experts at it.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

You are welcome.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's a nope from me too Nyiah. A big loud nope.

<< 1   >>

join